Status: Complete.

Don't Threaten Me With a Good Time

Repercussion

Two strong hands are latched onto either side of Jake’s arms as they guide him down hallways. The black eyed demon isn’t even aware of his surroundings due to the sack over his head, but it was obvious that hell was the location. After what seems like hours, Jake is dropped roughly to the floor and the sack is pulled off. From his knees, he looks up to see Patrick Stump. Intimidating was Jake’s first thought, face to face with another yellow eyed demon. Of course, what would he have to fear when Brendon could easily tear him in two?
“Jake Sinclair.” Patrick states.
“Yep, that’s me.” Jake replies in a cool demeanor. He attempts to go to his feet, but the guards beside him go back to holding him steady.
“My men and I have been tracking you down ever since you escaped.” Patrick says.
“Well ya got me. What am I charged for? Playing for the other team?” The black eyed demon smirks.
“It was an instant suspicion that Cloud took notice in you. Why else would so many of his men die just to carry you over?”
“What can I say? I’m pretty popular.” Jake replies.
“Finding you was a bit of a challenge. Jay caught your trail eventually.”
“Jay?” Jake questions. He looks around the room and sees Brendon’s dealer. He fucking knew something was suspicious about him, “I was on to you the minute I saw you.” Jake glares, pointing a finger in the demon’s direction.
“Jay was on a test run of sorts, trying out a potion to make him susceptible to Brendon’s charm. It worked well.” The yellow eyed demon continues, “To cut to the chase, we want to know all of Cloud’s plans.”
Jake starts to giggle, “There’s no point to that now.”
Patrick cocks his head and furrows his brow, “What do you mean?”
“Any attempt to stop The Chosen One is completely in the wind. He’s coming…” The black eyed demon smiles sinisterly.
Patrick stands, “What did you do?” he booms.
“Cloud made a serum to turn Brendon back into what he truly is, and I injected him. Right before you caught me, actually.”
Patrick’s eyes grow wide and Jake begins to laugh. Jake continues, “There’s no stopping him now! He will destroy the world, and I can just tell he’ll kill you first.”
Patrick shouts, “Execute him!”
The two guards take out their long jagged swords. Patrick, with the flick of a wrist, makes the ground below snatch Jake’s hands, pulling him lower to the floor. The two demons swing their weapons inward and slice the black eyed demon’s head clean off. While Jake’s body turns to dust, Patrick finds himself to be unnerved and overwhelmed.
“Tyler!” He shouts, beginning to head out of the room.
Tyler emerges from one of the corners, “Yes? What’s wrong?”
Before replying to Tyler, Patrick quickly turns around to the demons standing frozen in the bureau, “Tell no one!”
They all reply, “Yes, sir.”
The yellow eyed demon reverts his eyes back to Tyler, “Brendon has been injected with a serum to turn him back.”
“What?” The red eyed demon replies immediately.
“We cannot create a panic, I have to deal with this situation on my own.” Patrick says.
“Wait, I can’t even begin to process any of this-” Tyler starts to spew words of anxiety.
Patrick stops and stands in front of the red eyed demon, placing his hands on his shoulders, “You’re gonna be in charge for a while, okay?”
“M-me?” Tyler says with a shocked look upon his face.
“Just for a while. If anyone asks, I’m on a personal endeavor and I shouldn’t be away for too long. Most of these demons have seen you by my side, they will follow you and respect you.”
Tyler starts to nod, “Okay, yeah. Right, I can do this. I won’t let you down!”
“I know you won’t.” Patrick says sternly, before turning back around and heading down the wide hallways.
The yellow eyed demon doesn’t have a set plan or set words. The repercussions of Jake’s actions leave everything up to chance, but he couldn’t let Cloud feel as though he’d won. It would add too much fuel to the fire. If Brendon did come back, he’d deal with it. With such certainty in wit, there are still daydreamed glimpses of fear. Truly unavoidable, as he tries to get Brendon’s death threat out of his head.
He could immediately tell when he crossed onto the rebel’s side due to the various demon’s thrusting their weapon’s in the yellow eyed demon’s direction. He used his telekinesis to fling the beings out of his way causing no major damage. As much as he despised Cloud and all his side stood for, violence against them seemed unethical. These demons weren’t dangerous enemies, they were just stupid.
Patrick manages to come across two demons who he had sworn he’d seen before. Both demons say, “Patrick, uh.”
He doesn’t have time to note beings who picked the wrong side, so he cuts to the chase, “I’ve called a meeting with Cloud.”
The two demons look bewildered. One says, “Uh, meeting? He never does meetings. He wouldn’t be particularly fond of seeing you anyway.”
Patrick’s tone changes as his eyes spark a glow, “Bring me to Cloud,” He starts, staring deeply into both their eyes, “I’ve called a meeting with him.”
Both demons say, in unison, “Yes, sir.” as they lead Patrick into a large room. He sees Cloud speaking with another demon for a moment. The yellow eyed demon clears his throat.
Cloud looks over, now silent with his jaw clenched. The first thing out of the red eyed demon’s mouth is, “Guards, councilmen.”
Patrick turns to notice a random group of demons quickly rushing into the room. Patrick sighs and says, “Leave us.” The beings soon stop and turn the other direction.
The yellow eyed demon turns back around to Cloud, “Unnecessary action, don’t you think?”
“At least I try.” Cloud says, putting on an aggravated smile, “Why are you here, Patrick?”
“I want to talk about your little operation to try and take over the world.”
“I don’t have time for this. Go back to your own goddamn side. You swore never to bother interacting with me or my men as long as we stayed on our side. Look who’s breaking his own set of rules.” Cloud spits.
“I know your plan thanks to one of your special little puppets we managed to catch earlier today.” Patrick says, walking closer to Cloud.
Cloud looks tense, tilting his head to the side in confusion. Trying to push his body back into his chair with each step Patrick makes, he asks, “Why would you bother to catch any of my men? You think my plans are impossible.”
“I can admit you’re clever, but foolish. It wasn’t hard to catch Jake Sinclair.”
Cloud stands, “Return him to me.”
Patrick raises a finger, “Ah, ah ah. Your special little demon was caught due to your suspicious desperation to drag him to your side. And I never allowed you to pick and choose your men after I banished you.”
Cloud clenches his jaw, speaking through his teeth, “One demon, Patrick. Your men destroyed a decent amount of mine so it’s even.”
Patrick lets out a brief laugh, “You should have picked and choosed a little smarter. Jake told us everything and also let us know that he did your job for you.”
“What are you talking about?” Cloud furrows his brows in frustration.
“He took, no, stole your serum to turn Brendon back. You’re a man of thorough execution, I can only assume something like this would be against your plans.”
“He… he did it.” Cloud says, seemingly distressed amongst his frustration.
“Yes, and then we killed him.”
Cloud’s red eyes start to glow as he motions his hands in then out, manifesting flames climbing from his fingertips to his elbows. He motions his arms to create a ball of fire. Patrick is quick to step back and bring up a transparent force field. Each blow from Cloud is stopped. The frustration on the red eyed demon’s face doesn’t cease as he keeps trying. Patrick could acknowledge how strong Cloud is, but manages to create a strong energy in the midst of retaliation. He releases that energy, sending Cloud across the room.
There’s still a fight in the red eyed demon, but before he could bring back his flames, Patrick forms an energy around Cloud’s throat, squeezing it tight. Cloud starts gasping for breath as Patrick walks over to him. He says, “I didn’t want to fight you. No matter how hard you try, you’ll lose.” He then releases his invisible grip on Cloud. The red eyed demon grasps his own neck, breathing heavily, before looking back at Patrick with disdain.
“Sorry you grew such a close bond with Jake, but it had to be done.” Patrick says, earnestly.
“Don’t fucking spill your sympathies for me. We didn’t share some bond, he was just the closest one to Brendon!”
“Alright. Whatever you want to call it.”
“Get out of here, Patrick.” Cloud says, beginning to smirk, “If he did my job, then Brendon is gonna turn back. Plain and simple. And I don’t care that Jake just fucking did it. It’s done. Ramifications? Zero to none, that serum was practically perfect.”
“You’re so sure of that. Ignorance must be bliss. You never got to experience what he was like in his full fledged form, but I did. Do you actually think that if and when he turns back, he’ll follow you?” Patrick begins to laugh, “He listens to no one but himself. There may be some weird ancient prophecy about all this shit, but I know Brendon. You can’t defy him, you can’t even give him suggestions. There’s a very high chance he won’t have the motivation to destroy the world. He’d rather bathe in ecstasy and only destroy the things that piss him off only for one second.”
Cloud stays silent, his posture radiating nothing but defeat.
“Before I go I do have one last thing to say. Since your plan wasn’t executed properly, I can only imagine how imperfect your ‘Chosen One’ will be.” Patrick begins to head out of the room. In the archway, he turns around one last time and says, “You’ve lost, Cloud.”