Haven

xiii

Jared


Throughout talking things over with Misha, and finding out more about what being a caregiver entailed, he started to realize that everything made sense. Even though he hadn't known what that was at the time, he found himself taking on that role with his past relationships. The only exception being his last girlfriend, but she had taken too much of an emotional toll on him.

"But you're going to need to be careful and take your time with her, man. I can tell you this from experience, and I don't know if it's the same case, but she'll slip in and out of littlespace so fast sometimes it'll make your head spin. And while I doubt she'd be a brat, that's something to tread carefully with, too."

"A brat?" Jared asked with a raised eyebrow, his lips pulling into a smirk as he made the connection finally. "Oh, I wouldn't be too sure, dude. She's got a mouth."

"Still here," Peyton reminded them gently, moving to sit beside Jared on the couch, wrapping her arms around his waist. Jared gave an eye roll before pressing his lips to her forehead, pulling her into his lap. She visibly relaxed as he did so, nearly melting into his chest.

Jared grinned, running his thumb across her cheek before leaning down and capturing her lips with his own. When he pulled away, Peyton's cheeks were flushed. "You're so cute, sweetheart."

"Thank you," she mumbled, moving to bury her face in his chest.

"Still here," Misha teased, his eyes crinkling as he watched the two interact. "Just sayin'. Making me miss my wife."

Peyton shifted so that she was facing Misha now, her arms still wrapped tightly around Jared's frame. An excited look appeared on her face before she looked up at Jared, the color coming back to her cheeks. "Is she... uh.. is she a little?"

"She's a fuckin' brat," Misha told her with a laugh, scratching at the stubble starting to line his jaw. Jared cracked a smile at that, shaking his head. "No, but she's not. She's been several things to me, but never a little. We've had a little before, though, and she was absolutely adorable. She outgrew us, and we decided it was best to part ways when Vickie got pregnant with West. You really think I'm nice enough to be a full-time Daddy, Peyton?"

"Don't answer that, baby. It's a trick question," Jared muttered against her ear with a laugh. "He's an asshole."

Misha let out a laugh when Peyton shook her head, a small smirk on her face. "Honestly, I don't think you'd let your little get away with a lot, either so that's a no from me."

"Ah, so I was right. You are a brat. Good luck with that, Jar."

"Nuh uh," Peyton argued, looking up at Jared with wide, innocent eyes.

"Okay, okay. I think we can handle it from here, Misha. Thank you, really. I appreciate it."

"I know," He called, waving them off as he stood up. "Don't mention it."

As soon as Misha had shut the door to his trailer, Jared turned, shifting Peyton on his lap so he could lay down. She grinned up at him, pressing a kiss to his jaw before letting out a sigh.

"What am I going to do with you, little girl?"

He didn't even have to look down to know that she was red that time.

Image

After a week of constant filming, insane schedules and barely any time for the two of them, Jared had decided that he was bringing Peyton along to the next convention with him. It was the last one for the year, and after this weekend, they'd be back in Austin to celebrate the holidays. After that, he'd be back to the same schedule and he didn't know how things would be between them at that point.

He hoped they'd still be in a really good place, but he was willing himself to take it one day at a time.

When Peyton stirred in her sleep, Jared looked over to her, smiling to himself. Peyton had been so excited to go to Vegas, even though she'd never set foot in a casino before.

"Mornin', beautiful. Slept okay?"

She hummed in response before her eyes widened and she sat up, rubbing the sleep away. "Is this where we're staying?"

"What? Too much?"

She made a face over at him before he pulled up to the entrance, handing the keys to the valet. Before she could say anything else, he was rounding the SUV and opening the door for her, grabbing both of their bags and slinging them over his shoulder.

Jared couldn't help but laugh at the expression on her face as they continued their walk inside and through the lobby, his fingers intertwining with hers. As soon as they made it to the front counter, Peyton was all but bubbling over with excitement.

"There's a spa here? Can we go? Wait, there's a breakfast buffet?"

"Baby," Jared cut in with a laugh, adjusting the straps on his shoulder as he grabbed the room key. "We'll do it all, I promise. I figured it'd be nice for you to experience all of this, too."

When they stepped in the elevator, she leaned up on her toes to press a kiss to his cheek, letting out a sigh. "You spoil me too much."

"I don't think I'll ever get tired of it, honestly. You grab Sammy?"

She averted her eyes from his and looked at her bag, nodding. "Yes."

"I'm honestly a little jealous. He's gonna get more attention than me."

Peyton giggled at that, rolling her eyes. "Whatever, jerk."

"So now I'm a jerk?"

"Mhm!" She told him matter-of-factly, grabbing his hand when the doors opened on the 50th floor. He only shook his head, a small smirk on his face as he found their room number. A beat of silence passed between them when the door open, Jared dropping the bags on the floor and kicking the door shut with his foot.

He didn't think twice when Peyton jumped into his arms, carrying her over to the edge of the bed. She squealed when he dropped her onto it, leaning down so that his face was inches away from hers.

"Yes?" He asked again, his eyes sparkling with amusement as he watched the way she reacted to him. For a second, she broke eye contact, but the look in her eyes when she met his gaze again was something he wouldn't forget anytime soon.

"Yes, sir."
♠ ♠ ♠
Is anyone still reading this? Hah, sorry it's been so long guys!

Hope the update was worth the wait!

Next chapter will be interesting, so stay tuned for that?