Status: We are in the middle of editing and writing new chapters <3 hopefully new things will be coming soon.

Sunflower Fields

Cassia: Chapter Eleven

It was lunch before I saw her. I almost didn't go to the table. I almost sat somewhere else unsure of what she would do when she saw me. "Whoaaaa... What the fuck happened to you, Ara?" Wyatt gasped when she slid into the seat across the table from me. Her cheek was black and blue but it was clear she had tried to cover it with makeup with no such luck.
He hit her. I clenched my fists.
"Shut up, Wy." She snapped and shook her head so her bangs fell covering her face. "Just shut the fuck up."
"Don't be a bitch, Ara." Alex laughed, he thought this was a joke. He didn't know what was even going on.
"I SAID SHUT UP." She shouted and stood up. "I never should have come here anyway. You aren't even real friends. You've been talking about me to someone we hardly even know." She glared at me.
"Ara-" Wyatt began.
"You! You were supposed to be my best friend. And you went to HER-" She pointed at me, "to say you don't want me with Mal. Whom I love. So don't even start."
"We love you. But we see the bruises. We see the way he growls at you. Ara, we just want you to-"
"It's my life." She bolted leaving her food untouched on the salt and pepper table.
"I'm going to kill him." I whispered under my breath.
“If you don’t I will.” Wyatt whispered back.

I put my headphones in as I walked out of the school and began on my way home. I could feel the weight of the day sitting on my shoulders. "Callie!" A voice shouted over my music. I knew that voice. I looked around until my eyes landed on Mal leaning against a tree with a cigarette hanging from his mouth. I didn't even have the energy to correct him. "I need to talk to you." His voice was a growl.
"I have nothing to say to you." I walked faster but he easily matched my stride and towered over me.
"Well then, shut the fuck up and listen to me because I have some things to say to you." He grabbed my wrist hard. "You stay the fuck away from her. She belongs to me and I will do whatever I damn well please to her."
"Excuse me?" I stepped closer, glaring up at him. Ready to fight with all 5 foot 4 inches of me. "She is a human being. And she belongs to no one. Least of all you." He laughed, harshly.
"I'm sure she would disagree. She loves me." He said in a mocking tone. Before I knew what was happening my knee found his groin. He doubled over in pain. "You fucking bitch!" He groaned as I shoved him over. People walking past shot us sideways looks.
"If you ever even look her way again I will fucking kill you." I slid my headphones back in and walked away. My hands were shaking.