Gypsy Girl

How about a beer?

"Man, why are you so uptight? It's a party! Enjoy yourself." Pat slurred, dragging John across the messy house that was currently being occupied by many drunk college students. The tall musician shook his head at his bandmate, trying not to let out a laugh at the short drummer as he started swaying to some rap song that was being played on the radio.

John let out a awkward sigh as he looked around at all the people, feeling slightly out of place as he watched all the people around him try and twerk and shove their tongues down each other's throats. Not that he didn't particularly like those sort of activities, it was just a little bit weird for him considering he hadn't had any sort of action in a long while. The twenty-seven year old ran his fingers through his hair as he began making his way towards the kitchen, assuming the direction from the sign that clearly read 'beer acquiring station.'

"Maybe... tea with vodka?" was the first thing John O'Callaghan could make out as he made his way through the hall and into the kitchen, when he found someone hoisted up on a chair rummaging through the cabinets, as if they were looking for some type of lost treasure buried within.

He looked around, trying to figure out who she was talking to, but found no one else in the room.

"What kind of mixture is that?" He questioned, before she let out a startled sound and turned to face him. John was surprised to be graced with bright blue eyes and defined cheekbones that were turning red as he leaned against the counter, his arms casually folding across his chest.

The girl glared at him with fierce eyes, before running her fingers threw her messy blonde hair and shaking her head with a short laugh that made him raise his eyebrows. "Didn't anyone teach you not to sneak up on people when they're trying to find something on the top shelf? You could have scared me enough to make me fall to my death, you know."

"I'll let me mother know that she raised an irresponsible man." John chuckled out, completely forgetting about his reasons for not wanting to be here in the first place. "Do you need any help?"

She let out a giant smile as she nodded her head, before turning back towards the cabinet she was going through. "I'm not quite sure what I want, if I'm being completely honest with you... I'm not sure if it's alcohol, juice, or even a chocolate bar.. I just need something."

"That sounds reasonable." He shrugged, coming up to her side to watch her dig through the middle shielf. She had her feet pressed hard against the counter as she stood on her tippytoes, trying to reach for whatever she could find that would satisfy whatever it was she was looking for.

John stood there awkwardly, staring up at her as she let out soft sounds of frustration. He couldn't help but grin lightly, though he had no idea who she was or why he found the situation so calming.

"What sounds good with vodka??" She whined quietly under her breath, before John cleared his throat. She stopped what she was doing and looked down at him in embarassment. "Sorry, it's been a really rough week. Finals were miserable."

He just shrugged his shoulders lightly, before holding out his hand. "How about a beer?"

She pursed her lips for a moment, as if contemplating the idea, before she smiled and took his hand. She started down the chair, before she let out a yelp and fell into his arms. The both of them began laughing as her face nearly collided with his, but luckily missing as his other arm gripped her wide hips against his abdomen. "Sorry, I didn't mean to crash into you." She whispered as she wrapped her arm around his neck to better support herself.

"Don't be." John smirked. "You can crash into me anytime."