Status: ON HOLD. DETAILS INSIDE, SEE LAST CHAPTER.

Learning to Love a God

Charlotte

I run though the ravaged streets of my city, avoiding Chitauri as I go. I have to get home. I have to find my family. I have to save them. I should be there with them. Finally I turn down my street. I reach my house, or rather what is left of it. A huge Chitauri is standing among the rumble, I can just make out the hand of my little brother sitting in front of the creature. With a sickening feeling in my stomach, I realize that the thing is eating my family.. I scream in rage and defiance and pull out the knife I carry around with me for protection. I charge the Chitauri and raise my knife. The monster turns, roaring, I can feel it's warm saliva on my face.
I wake up from the nightmare in a cold sweat. I wasn't sure how I lived that day. I just remember waking up in a hospital with a concussion and several broken ribs. Three days later I left New York and moved here to Oklahoma. My parents always wanted to come back here. It was where they met for the first time. But now, they would never be able to come back. I wasn't sure who to blame either. I knew that Loki was the one who brought the Chitauri here, but... whenever I saw him on the news.... I just couldn't blame him. I don't know why. I roll over in my bed, and stare out my window at the full moon. "At least the invasion is over. I don't ever have to see another Chitauri again..."
I couldn't have been more wrong.

Loki

The guards drag in front of Odin in chains, I am muzzled like some unruly dog. Odin stare down at me from his throne. "I have decided upon your fate Loki." he rumbles. ~Oh good. Good to know that you still have thinking skills.~ I think darkly. "I am going to send you back to Midguard. Without your powers. You are to remain there for a minimum of seven years." ~WHAT!?! Back to Midguard, the very same planet I literally just tried to conquer?? As a MORTAl!?~ I think outraged.
"I pray that you can find someone who can take pity on you. Take him to the Biofrost. There is enough magic left in it for this final journey." Odin says waving the guards away.

Charlotte

The next morning, I wake up to the familiar sound of my alarm. I groan and hit the snooze button. I barely slept since my nightmare. Eventually I roll out of bed and I walk over to my closet. I take out a cute light lavender tank top, and my favorite pair of capris. Pulling my unruly light brown hair into a messy bun, I make my way downstairs for some breakfast.
I pour myself some orange juice while I wait for my bagel. Suddenly I pause. Normally there are robins singing in my backyard; but all is quiet. I walk into the living room and take my long sword down from the wall. "And they all made fun of me for taking fencing lessons." I mutter to myself as I hold my sword in an easy one-handed grip. I peek out my back door, and don't see anything. I am making my way down the front hall when my front door is smashed in and in a flash I am thrown against a wall. Standing in front of me..is none other than a damn Chitauri.

Loki

I plummet down to Midguard at what seems like a million miles an hour. The cloying atmosphere chokes me as I pass through it. At least they unchained me and took off that infuriating muzzle before they shoved me through the Biofrost. Small victories, I suppose. With a grunt of pain I land on the ground in the middle of a field. A couple of miles away from me is a quaint little house with a barn on one end of the property. I pick myself up and begin to make my over to the house, hoping to find someone who can give me information as to where I was dumped.

Charlotte

The impact winds me and I collapse to the floor dazed. The demon chuckles and stalks over to me. It is vaguely humanoid, as it walks on two feet. "Poor little mortal. You have no idea how long we have been searching for you."
~Whaaa??~ I think trying to reach for my sword. The demon kicks it away, and it slides into another room. Well shit. "You managed to kill our leaders son, and his pet. We found you standing over their bodies at the wreckage of some building. Then somehow, you disappeared. We have been searching for you ever since. And now that I found you.. I will make sure that your death does not come quickly." the monster snarls and stalks closer to me. I try to move away but the creature is on me in an instant. "I will enjoy this mortal..."
♠ ♠ ♠
Not every chapter will have switching point of views like that, it was just easier for me that way so I could get the stories going. This is my first fanfic write and the first time I am using a layout, comments on what you think of both would be much appreciated.