Status: (Warnings of Self-Harm ... and implied Child Abuse ... Also Suicide)

My Little Alien

Alternate Ending - A New Awakening

What day is it? And in what month? This clock never seemed so alive. I can't keep up, and I can't back down. I've been losing so much time.

December 19th, 2016

I could hear voices as I shifted my body, it was stiff like I haven't moved in days. "She's awake," I heard one of the voices, so distant, but so close at the same time. I made a sound that was muffled and barely audible. "Amethyst, sweetie if you can hear me, hold up a finger." That voice sounded so familiar. Who did it belong to? I manage to barely let my arm up to hold up a finger. "Very good. There is going to be a light shone in your eyes." The voice instructed, and like it said, my eyelids were open and a light shone down on them. I wanted to blink, but they were held open. "Seems like you are responding to the light well." My eyelids were shut, until I opened them blinking a couple of times to adjust to the bright white walls and the light that was shining down on me.

I groaned finally being able to make a sound that I could hear. Somebody pushed my bed up, so I was sitting up right and handed me a glass of water. I jugged down the water. I was so thirsty that I drained the cup and asked for more. How long was I out? All I remember was getting attacked by Jasper and her gang of hooligans. I also remember Peridot screaming for them to stop, then I felt her next to me, until I just blacked out altogether. The dreams I had when I was out, it always ended up hearing Peridot's voice somewhere in between. The last time I heard her voice was when she was saying goodbye to me. Why was she saying goodbye? Was I dreaming that? I gulped another two cups of water down before I looked around the room.

There was only one person in the room. Bismuth. Bismuth was the only one in the room, and she was talking on the cellphone. "Yes! Yes! She's awake! … Give it another day or two to actually come and see her. … It all depends on the doctor decision if she allows visitors. … Yes, Matt ... Yes, I know, she will be happy. … Ah, I have to go, I have to check up on her … yes .. Love you too, sweetie. Bye." She hung up and looked over my way. She was looking tired, but so happy to see that I was awake. "Amethyst, long time no see, sweetie. How are you feeling?"

How was I feeling? I was feeling lightheaded, worried, and a little bit sick to the stomach. "I'm feeling fine. How long have I been here?" She looked at the calendar on the wall that I just noticed was there. The hell? It was already December. "I have been out for almost a month?" I asked her, and she nodded sadly. "Oh no …"

"We have been all worried about you, Amethyst. W-we thought there was no hope for you … Dr. Garnet has been pouring over paper work and research to see if she can do anything for you. She isn't here now because it's like ten o'clock, she should be here in the morning. Are you hungry, Amethyst? I'll go get you something to eat." I shook my head, to be honest,, I was drained. All I kind of wanted to do was sleep. "Alright, well, get some rest. I'll be back in the morning."

'Cause it's you and me. And all of the people with nothing to do. Nothing to lose. And it's you and me. And all the other people. And I don't know why. I can't keep my eyes off of you.

December 21st, 2016

I was released today, Dr. Garnet said everything was looking fine and healed nicely. I was getting dressed into my normal clothes when I noticed the letter on Peridot's alien that was left on the stand with the other get well cards and flowers. I grabbed it, and opened it up, my heart literally dropped down my stomach when I read it and tears welled up in my eyes. I prayed it wasn't too late already. I gathered up my stuff as quick as I could, running out of the hospital room. My legs were still pretty shaky from not walking for so long, and I wasn't used to the weight I had lost when I was out.

I wasn't going to let her do it, the letter wasn't dated, but Bismuth had told me that Peridot was here the eighteenth. I ran into the waiting room to see Ruby and Sapphire waiting for me, they were so happy to see me, but my mind couldn't focus on that. All that was running through it was the fact that my girlfriend wanted to commit suicide and I needed to stop her. Only if I wasn't too late that is. “Sapphire!” I called and she stood up with Ruby. Their faces changed to excitement to confusion. “Where's Peridot?” I was hoping she was going to be with them.

Sapphire bit her lip and looked at Ruby. “She didn't believe us that you were awake, Amethyst, she thought we were lying to her to get her out of her room. She hasn't been doing so well, she hasn't been eating, or really talking to us at all.” Sapphire mumbled. “The last time I saw her was on the nineteenth.” I nodded and started to walk out of the hospital, I heard their footsteps following suit.

“Take me to go see her. I have this horrible feeling she might about to do something.” I told them, and got into their car. I was in such a rush, and so worried. My whole body was shaking and I couldn't think clearly. I took the time to notice that it started to snow this morning, I rolled down the window to feel the cool breeze hit my face and the splash of the wet snow hitting my face. Four days until Christmas. I wish this car would go faster. It was at least a ten minute drive to Matt's house from the hospital, but with the ice on the road and the busy holiday weeks it was harder to get there in the normal time. It added an extra ten minutes to the already short time.

Why are the things that I want to say. Just aren't coming out right? I'm tripping on words. You got my head spinning. I don't know where to go from here.

I drummed my almost numbed fingers against the side of the car as my arm hung out of the window. We were almost there, and the feeling in my stomach wouldn't go away. I pulled my hand in as we pulled into the drive away, I barely let the car stop when I jumped out of the car. "Amethyst!" Yelled Ruby, she usually hated me doing that. I didn't have time to look back at the car, or even to knock on the door. I stormed into the house, looked in the living room, to see Matt and Pearl kiss under the mistletoe. There was Connie and Steven in there as well watching Frosty The Snowman. They barely had time to respond to me when I dashed down the hall to the once guest bedroom. And knocked quickly.

There was no answer. I growled. “Peridot, baby, it's Amethyst. Answer the door.” My heart was beating faster. “Answer the door or I am breaking it down!” Still no answer. God damn it. I wiggled the doorknob and it was locked. “Matt! Go give me a butter knife, now!” I yelled, he was at my side a few minutes later.

“What's wrong? What are you doing?” He asked and I ignored him, as I used the butter knife to pick the lock through the sill of the door. It clicked and I opened the door. My heart stopped again, when I didn't see her on the bed. I ran in the room and looked around, spotting her just stepping on the stood. We stood there staring at each other. My eyes were watery. I shook my head and held out my arms, her eyes were dilated, she must have took something, but she stepped off the stood and ran to me. I fell to the ground as I wrapped my arms around her waist tightly, holding her close to me.

My hand ran through her hair. “Please do not ever give me a scare like this again. I read your letter, I almost lost you Peridot.” She buried her head in the crook of my neck, I felt her hot tears fall on my skin.

“H-How are you awake? T-they said you had little chance of waking up.” She whispered through sobs as I held her close to my body. “I lost all hope, I thought … oh my god...”

Nothing to prove. And it's you and me. And all other people. And I don't know why. I can't keep my eyes off of you.

“Sh … sh … it's okay sweetie. I'm here. I'm okay. I know that's what I heard, but I guess somebody was on our side because I am here and alive.” I kissed her forehead before she grabbed the sides of my face and pulled me into a loving kiss. Her lips tasted salty from her tears that fell from her eyes.

Matt held Pearl by the waist as they stood in the doorway of the room, tears brimmed both of their eyes as they watched the reunion. I smiled at them as Peridot slowly and wobbly getting to her feet and helping me up. She almost tumbled over as whatever she took was taking over her body. I wrapped an arm around her waist, and wrapped her arm around my neck. I had Pearl and Matt move so I can take her to the bathroom. “Peridot, I don't know what you took, or how much of it, but I need you to respond with me. I need you to puke back up whatever you took.” Peridot stopped me from going into the bathroom and stared at me.

“I'm fine … I swear … I only took a couple. Amethyst … r-really …” I looked at Peridot's face and sighed, nodding. “I am tired though …” Of course she is. I ran my hand through my hair and took a deep breath trying to calm my racing heart. “Please lie down with me … I miss lying in your arms ...” I nodded. I calmed down enough to help her walk back to her room. Connie and Steven ran up to us.

“Is Peridot okay?” Steven asked looking her up and down, I ruffled his hair and nodded. “Are you okay?” He asked me. “I saw you freak out, and I got worried.”

“Yeah, Kiddo. I'm okay. I am going to go lie down for a bit okay? I'll be out and we all can hang out in a little bit.” I smiled at Connie before helping Peridot into her room. I shut the door behind us and helped her to her bed laying her down on the bed. I looked over at the closet, walked over there and closed the doors. I saw Peridot have her arms open and I giggled. “You're cute. I don't know what I would do if I was late.” I whispered as I took my shoes off leaving on my sweater that I was wearing. I crawled into bed with her, and held her close to me.

December 24, 2016

“Peridot, watch out!” Steven cried, as I threw a snowball towards Peridot's way. She turned just in time to smack her in the face. I was so glad she was wearing contacts today and no her usual glasses. She wobbled backwards before getting her footing back, and wiped her face. I had my mouth covered holding back a giggle. “I told you to watch out.” Steven said laughing, before getting cut off by his big brother throwing a snowball at his head. “Hey!” he whined.

Matt fell down on his back and laughed hard. It was Christmas Eve, and we were all having fun as a huge family. Steven ran over to him and jumped on the bigger boy. “I was off guard. That was not fair!” He yelled and stuck a bunch of snow down his brother jacket before getting up and running over to Peridot hiding behind her.

“Hey, I am a small french fry. I can't help you. Amethyst, come help, reunite the shorty squad! Let's take down Matt!” I giggled and ran over helping them make snowballs. Matt stood up and looked at us wide-eyed, he wasn't fast enough when all the snowballs started to rush at him. He fell backdown again with a groan. The shorty squad giggled and high fived each other. I pulled Peridot in my arms and kissed her lips deeply. “Amethyst,” she said giggling and through the kisses I was giving her. “Not in front of Steven.” I pulled away to find Steven looking away and red faced. I pushed him into the snow. “Ah, come on, Steven, you can't seriously still be uncomfortable with PDA.”

Something about you now. That I can't quite figure out. Everything she does is beautiful. Everything she does is right.

“I see you took down my boyfriend.” Pearl's voice came behind us, she finally came back from the store with Ruby and Sapphire. Pearl walked over to Matt and tapped him with her foot. “Did you three kill him?” She asked and looked at us before she screeched getting pulled down when Matt grabbed her ankle pulling her down. I laughed hard, clutching my stomach, and bent over. Matt was on top of Pearl and kissed her, before she slapped him. “Don't ever do that again. I thought I was going to die.”

“I see you all are having fun. I am going to start making dinner.” Sapphire said calmly, I made a snowball and through it at the back of her head, almost making her drop the groceries. She stood there before handing the bags to Ruby. “Sweetie, take them in the house. I have some business to attend too.” Oh shit, oh shit. Sapphire bent down, made a snowball and turned around staring at me. “So, you want to play that game, do we?” I grabbed up Steven, the moment Sapphire's fast ball came at me, making it hit Steven square in the chest. “Steve, honey, I'm sorry!” Yelled Sapphire, through her fit of laughter.

Steven slapped the side of my arm. I giggled and put him in a head lock, before another car pulled into the drive away. I let him go to look at the car. It was Bismuth, with someone in the passenger sit. They both got out, the lady in the passenger sit was a beautiful slender female, with blond hair. She waved at us, and I waved back. Must have been Amber, Bismuth's wife. Both of them walked over to the group. “Hi, I'm Amethyst, it's finally good to see you. Bismuth told us so much about you.” I looked up at the tall lady. She was about a couple of inches taller than Bismuth.

“It's finally good to see you too, Amethyst, I am glad you are feeling so much better. Bismuth, talks about you nonstop. Isn't that right Bismuth?” Bismuth had blushed and squeezed her wife's hand. Amber's accent was thick, I couldn't tell where it was from, but I knew it had to be from a European country. “Aye, you all must be freezing how about, we go inside and drink some hot chocolate and watch Christmas movies?!” Steven cheered and ran inside the house.

“Steven! Take off your shoes! Don't drag in-” Matt didn't finish his sentence when Steven ran into the house. He sighed and grabbed Pearl's hand. “Kids, they don't ever listen.” Pearl giggled and nodded as they followed Steven in the house.

'Cause it's you and me. And all of the people with nothing to do. Nothing to lose. And it's you and me and all of the people. And I don't know why. I can't keep my eyes off of you and me.

Night had fallen in the small home of Beach City, the townspeople were sleeping peacefully waiting for the next morning to hit. Except us, the residents that occupied Rose's house. We were all huddled up around the fireplace, listening to Christmas music and drinking eggnog and hot chocolate. Bismuth was lying on the couch with Amber between her legs cuddling her. Connie had come over to spend the night. Her family doesn't celebrate Christmas, she was in Steven's arms leaning against the couch. Matt was near the fireplace with Pearl in his arms, while Peridot was in mine. I kissed down her neck softly, as she giggled at the ticklishness. We were all wearing ugly sweaters that night, most of them that Rose made us. It was lonely without her physically that. However, we all felt the love that she had for us in our hearts.

December 25th, 2016

I had Peridot's in my arms, when Steven jumped into our bed waking us up. I groaned and went to push him off the bed when he managed to crawl in between the two of us. “Get up! Get up! It's Christmas!” He said cheerfully, my eyes opened up to see his face right in mine. I fell off the bed, as I wasn't prepared to see him that close to me. “Are you okay?” He asked leaning over the edge looking down at me. I gave him a thumbs up, getting up off the floor. He started to jump on the bed before jumping off and running down the hallway waking up everyone that had stayed the night.

I got back up on the bed, and kissed Peridot who smiled against my lips. “Good morning, beautiful.” I whispered and kissed her again. “Let's go open presents.” I got up off the bed, pulling her up with me. We walked down the hallway, holding hands, we were the last ones to get into the living room. “Good morning, everyone.” I said cheerfully. We sat down next to the Christmas tree and next to Steven and Connie.

Sapphire and Ruby walked out of the kitchen holding trays of Coffee and Hot Chocolate for every day. When they finished serving everybody, they set the trays next to them as they sat down on the floor. “Time for presents.” Calmly said Sapphire. The two kids cheered as they started handing out all the presents. Everybody made sure to get the same amount for everybody so no one felt left out.

The room was filled with happiness and joy as they opened their presents. I opened mine from Peridot and chuckled. “A pizza box pillow, baby? That's shit is adorable. Thank you.” I kissed her. I always loved the feel of her lips on mine. They were always soft to the touch, and so damn good tasting, this morning it tasted like coffee.

“Thought you might like it.” She giggled. I stood up and helped Pearl clean up the warping paper and boxes. Once we were done, I whispered to Peridot that I was going to go have a cigarette break, she gave me a disapproving look, but nodded anyway. I kissed the top of her head and walked out to the backyard. Not long afterwards, Matt, joined me.

“It's cold out here. Mom always loved the cold weather.” I took a drag of my cigarette letting the smoke out and watching it in the cold air. “She loved the mystery snow, is what she calls it. I remember one time where Steven ate yellow snow and the most disgusted look came on his face. I remembered how mom just laughed for a good five minutes.” I giggled and nodded. I remembered that. “It seems such a short time ago that we were laughing along with her.” I put my cigarette out and pulled Matt in a hug. It only has been two months ago that we had lost Rose. It feels like yesterday.

“I know, Matthew. I miss her as much as everyone else. She lived a good happy life. Now let's get inside before we catch a cold.” He nodded and helped me up off the porch. We walked into the mini festival in the living room, joining in on the music and laughter that filled the house with joy.

And all the other people with nothing to do. Nothing to prove. And it's you and me and all the other people. And I don't know why. I can't keep my eyes off of you.

One Year Later

It has been a year since Peridot and I have been dating, a year full of pain, love, lost and so many more emotions. However, it has been the greatest year of my life, I giggled as I spun Peridot around the living room of our house. It was Saturday, so that meant no school for us. We were living with Steven, after Matt had moved away with his girlfriend Pearl to attend a college a state or two over. We left Matt's and Rose's room alone, we didn't like touching their stuff. We respected their boundaries. I was a senior now, Peridot was a junior, and Steven was a sophomore.

Peridot's parents were under investigation for multiple things, they had moved away to try to escape them. Jasper, and a couple of her hooligans got arrested for attempted murder and drug possession. It took a load off of mine and Peridot's shoulders knowing that Jasper and her parents were gone. Earlier this year, I had made mends with my folks, they accepted who I was, and they accepted Peridot as a member of their family.

I also got to see my little brother; Citrine Santiago Sanchez Pedroza. He was the cutest little thing. So, full of life and happiness. I visited him whenever I had time too. Peridot fell in love with him as well.

Sapphire and Ruby graduated high school, they go to the community college in the next town over. However, they still lived in the same house as they always have. They had gotten married at the age of nineteen, they could never see themselves being separated. And I thought that was the cutest thing ever.

We had stopped dancing and sat on the couch, just when Steven walked into the house. He looked happy as he ran over to us and sat in the middle between Peridot and I. “Hi, little guy, did you have fun with Connie?”

“I sure did. We went and watched Dog Cop 4! It was the greatest. I'm hungry though. Whats for dinner?” I looked over at Peridot who stood up and helped me up.

“Well, we won't know until we make it? Huh?” Peridot said and pulled me into her arms, kissing me. “Come on, Steven, let's go make homemade pizza. That sounds great right?” Steven's eyes widened and nodded. We all walked into the kitchen and started to make pizzas. Like I said, this year has been the best one yet. And more years to come. I was going to spend those years with my family and friends. Especially with Peridot, the love of my life.

What day is it? And in what month? This clock never seemed so alive.

The End
♠ ♠ ♠
HI GUYS! I HOPE YOU LIKED THE ALTERNATE ENDING OF MY LITTLE ALIEN.. I AM SAD TO SEE THIS GO THOUGH. I HAD SO MUCH FUN WRITING EVERY BIT OF IT. ANYWAY, I AM SORRY THE ENDING WAS KIND OF I DON'T KNOW CHEESY. HOWEVER, I HOPE THAT WAS A CUTE AND DECENT ENDING. TELL ME IN THE REVIEWS WHICH ENDING YOU LIKE THE MOST. PERSONALLY, EVEN THOUGH I LIKE THIS ENDING A LOT, I HAVE TO SAY THE FIRST ENDING IS MY FAVORITE.

IF YOU LIKE THIS STORY, PLEASE GO CHECK OUT ANGEL OF YESTERDAY. UNTIL NEXT TIME, THANK YOU AGAIN. -XDOMOX