Status: (Warnings of Self-Harm ... and implied Child Abuse ... Also Suicide)

My Little Alien

New Friend

Peridot, like usual hated the first day of school, after Chemistry with Amethyst, she had nothing, but a shitty day. She was tripped in the lunchroom when she got her lunch, making her spill it all over another student. For the rest of the day, she could hear the ringing of laughter in her ears, and she hated it. All she wanted to do was just go home and crawl under the covers.

When the final bell went off to signal the kids that it was time to go, Peridot was the first out of her class. Almost knocking into a couple of kids, she had almost made it out of the school, when she was pushed up against the locker by Jasper. She squeaked.

“Aww, is the nerd scare of the big old Jasper?” Jasper laughed, before grabbing the front of Peridot’s shirt. “You going to piss your pants?” She taunted and slammed Peridot against the locker again.

“You should pick on kids your own age, Jasper.” A small boy’s voice sounded behind Jasper, who in return let go of Peridot to turn around to face the voice. “Didn’t I tell you before? It’s not nice to pick on people.” Peridot looked to find a short curly hair boy staring up at Jasper.

“Steven, what the fuck do you want?” Jasper growled out and pushed Steven, on the ground who got right back up.

“Matt, wouldn’t like if he found out that one of his teammates is bullying somebody. I’ll tell him at dinner tonight, if you don’t leave her alone.” Steven stood his ground as Jasper got into his face, he didn’t flinch once when he was picked up by the front of his shirt.

“Tell him, and I will beat the living fuck out of you, Steven.” Jasper let him go, before walking back over to Peridot, and pushed her up against the locker. “You got off easy today, bitch, but next time you’re mine.” Jasper spit on her before walking out of the school.

“Here.” The short boy handed Peridot a handkerchief to wipe her face off, she took it a mumbled a quiet thank you. “I’m Steven Universe, my brother, Matt, he is the football captain and doesn’t like Jasper bullying students. It’s my first day of High school, but I know Jasper, so she doesn’t scare me that easily. Hey don’t you take the bus? We are going to be late if we don’t hurry.” Peridot lost for words nodded, and ran to the bus stop with Steven, they climbed on just about when the bus was going to close it’s doors.

As they were on the bus, Steven proceeded to talk to her. “So, what’s your name?”

“Peridot Salazar, I am new to the city, so I don’t know many people. And don’t really want to know them, because my family is going to pack up and leave any time now, so. We don’t stay very long in one place, I barely even get to finish a year in one high school.” She mumbled and took her phone out, to check if she had any messages, and of course not, she had none.

“Oh..” Steven was quiet for a few minutes, before Peridot thought of something.

“So your mom.. Is the advance Math teacher?” Steven looked up and beamed, he nodded.

“Yes, isn’t she cool? I love math, you learn so much.” He giggle and Peridot couldn’t help, but smile softly at the younger kid. “Hey, I think this is your stop.” Steven sounded disappointed, as Peridot looked out the window, and it sure was her stop.

“Don’t be disappointed, we will hang out tomorrow.” She lightly punched him in the arm, before grabbing up her bag and heading out of the bus.

Amethyst drove home, Sapphire was in the front seat, with Ruby in the back. They had their own car, but like to ride with her to school and back. Unless they had something planned after school that day. “So, there was this new kid I met, I saw her on the last week of school last year, but we were assigned to be partners in Chemistry.” Amethyst mumbled as she turned down the loud rock music.

“Peridot?” Sapphire asked, and Amethyst nodded, she looked over as she slowed down to a stop at the stop light. “I have her in my Advanced Math Class with Rose. She quiet most of the time, don’t say a lot. She kept to herself. I am thinking about going up to her tomorrow and asking if she want’s to hang out.”

“Eh, I wouldn’t do that if I were you.” Ruby mumbled with her arms crossed under chest, Amethyst looked at the dark skin girl in the rear mirror. “I am just saying, I have been hearing rumors, and Jasper already picked her as a victim.” Ruby untired her ribbon out of her ponytail, and weaved her hands through the mess of curls, before she started to french braid it.

“Oh, that poor girl. Isn’t she a sophomore?” Sapphire huffed and cross her arms, Sapphire and Ruby were seniors this year, and they hated Jasper guts as much as everyone else in the school does. All she does was bully freshman and kids smaller than her. She got away with it, as her dad went to school with the principal.

“Yeah, she is.” Amethyst pulled into the parking lot of the house the three shared, Ruby and Sapphire took her in about a year ago, when her parents kicked her out, for unfortunate events. The Latino got out of the car in silence, all she was wanted to do right now, is go into her room and roll herself a blunt. Today had been hell of stressful, first day of school wasn’t her cup of tea at all. Maybe she will call over Vidalia. to come smoke with her.

“You should get to know her, Amethyst. The girl looks like she needs a friend.” She heard Sapphire’s quiet voice break her thoughts. The girl was unlocking the door, as she was talking to her. “Seriously. No one needs to be alone in an environment they are uncomfortable in.”

“I guess so..”

“Invite her to go to lunch with us, tomorrow. Okay?”

“Fine... I will. But, if she doesn’t want to, I’m not forcing her.” She grumbled and walked into the house after Ruby. The house was nice looking, with soft carpet, and pictures of the group all over. There was one hanging above the couch, of a group of people. It was Amethyst’s favorite.

In the picture was a large lady, Rose Quartz-Universe, the advance math teacher at the high school, she was there for Amethyst when she needed to get out of the house. Her dad would get drunk and things would end badly those nights. There was then Pearl Campbell, she was a senior like Ruby and Sapphire, and acted like an overprotective mother sometimes. She also had a terrible crush on Rose. Then there was little Steven, he was about only 9 when that picture was taken, and his older brother Matt who was 13 at the time. Now, 18 and a senior, like the rest of them, other than herself, of course. They all looked so happy in that picture, then things started to go downhill after five years.

“Earth to Amethyst,” She saw fingers snap in front of her face, before she looked at girl in front of her face. Ruby was the same height as Amethyst, 5’3 - 5’4. “Are you okay? Did you hear me?”

“What, yeah I am okay. Just thinking, what did you say now?” She asked, yawning.

“I said, we are going to go get dinner fixings, so don’t have a wild house party when we are gone.” Ruby chuckled and Amethyst rolled her eyes.

“Yes, Mom. I am just going to go in my room, probably sleep for a while.” Amethyst nodded towards Sapphire and went into her room, and jumping on her unmade bed. She liked it this way, the room being clutter with things, and her bed unmade. It was her way of being comfortable, also helps her calm down, and reminds her that her left was a mess as much as her room was.

She laid there for a good ten minutes before getting bored and texting Vidalia. You want to come over to chill? Just got out of school and hella of stressed out. - xAmex

It didn’t take long for the older woman to message back, I can’t right now, Onion is acting out again. And Sour Cream is off with his friends so he can’t watch him. Maybe a little later. - V.

Amethyst looked at the message and groaned, of course not. This what happens when a high school student befriends adults, with kids. She put her phone beside her and groaned, what was she going to do? Well I guess I can just roll me one, and then sleep, until they get back.

It wasn’t long when the room was filled with smoke and Amethyst laid there in her own little world, almost drifting off to sleep when there was a knock. Sapphire opened the door and started to cough, when she was done her hand went to her hip. “Was this really necessary, Amethyst?”

“Yes. It was. What you want?”

“I came to tell you we brought pizza home, none of us wanted to cook.” Sapphire said and waved a hand in front of her face, to blow the smoke away. Amethyst got up out of her bed and walked out of the room with Sapphire, when she walked into the living room, Rose and Steven was there.

“You could've told me, we had guests, Sapphire.” She grumbled and crossed her arms under her chest, she hasn’t talked face to face with Rose and Steven in awhile. She saw them around the school, but never really said hi to them.

“Amethyst!” Steven called and ran over to her hugging her tightly, for a 14 year old boy, he was as tall as her. “You smell weird.” He wrinkled his nose and laughed. “It’s been awhile, how have you been?”

“Um.. I’ve been okay, what are you guys doing here?”

“We thought to come over as it has been awhile since the group had been together.” Rose’s soft voice came from across the room, she was beautiful and tall. “Ruby and Sapphire, invited us. Unfortunately, Matt had football practice and Greg had work.”

“I see, well, how about we eat. I’m starving.” Amethyst mumbled, and walked over to the box and grabbed a piece. “Anything new happened lately?”

“It’s been the same old thing. How are you feeling? Talked to your parents lately?” Rose asked Amethyst as she sat down on the couch. Amethyst stopped eating her pizza and slowly put it down on her lap.

“Um, no I haven’t. They don’t bother anymore. It’s whatever though. I am over them.” She mumbled and sighed. She didn’t want to talk about her parents, she didn’t want to remember the hell they had put her through.

Rose knew that Amethyst wasn’t, but dropped the subject. “So, I helped a sophomore today. Jasper was being a bitch again.” Rose slapped the side of Steven’s head and gave him a look. “Ow, okay I’m sorry. Jasper was being a mean butt today. She was picking on a girl who looked really lonely. She pushed my down, but I got right back up again and told her to leave her alone. We talked on the bus the whole way there. Her name is Peridot Salazar. We are having lunch together, tomorrow.”

“Oh, that’s the new girl, how about you invite her to come with us, we are going to Fish Stew Pizza tomorrow for lunch.” Ruby said who has been quiet this whole time, she was standing behind Sapphire, and wrapped her arms around her waist. Steven looked at his mother, asking for permission.

“Yes, you can go, but get a ride from one of the girls though, we have to get home though. Greg is back and he wants some family time.” Rose stood up, followed by Amethyst and Steven.

Amethyst walked over to Rose and hugged her tightly. “Thank you for coming over. We should get the rest to come.” She mumbled and then ruffled Steven’s hair. “Well, I’m pretty tired. Think I am going to take a nap. See you guys a little bit later.”

“Alright, bye, Amethyst!” Steven said cheerfully and she waved, her back to him, before walking into her bedroom.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes, I didn't know how to end this chapter, and I didn't want it to go on and on, so I ended it there. I know it's probably pretty bad. Anyway, please review, I would love to hear what I have to work on to make it better. - xDomox