Remenissions

Chapter 17

Lana's POV

I opened the door and stepped out, looking at Matt. "What about this one?" I asked him.

He looked at me, frowning slightly. "I mean I like it, but let me send a photo." And he took a picture with his phone.\ while I internally groaned.

We were out and I was trying on dresses for the wedding, and that was fine, I didn't mind doing it, it was the fact that every time I tried on a dress he had to send a photo to Courtney for her approval. We were up to dress number seven and so far she'd said no about everyone of them.

"Well I kind of like it." I told him as we stood there waiting for her reply.

"Yeah, it's okay I guess." Matt said, looking me up and down. "Yeah I don't know." And his phone beeped, alerting us to the answer. "Yeah Courtney said no."

Surprise fucking surprise.

"Ugh are you serious?' I muttered. "Maybe I should just wear a suit." I figured Courtney would be happy with that.

"Don't be silly Lana, we will find you a dress." Matt told me, but I was beginning to doubt that.

I started pulling this one off and I looked at the dresses I had left to try on. There were only two left and honestly if Courtney didn't approve, which I doubted she would, I was serious, I was going to wear a suit.

"Brian and Marty are coming back today aren't they?" Matt called out as I pulled the dress off.

"Apparently." I said, putting it aside and then glancing at myself in the mirror. I did the typical female underwear pose, I stuck my boobs out and sucked my stomach in. I was never going to be a super model.

"Is he coming on the weekend?" Matt asked.

"Of course he is." I said grabbing the next dress. "Nobody wants to miss a weekend in Vegas Matt."

I'd organised Matt's bachelor party. Yeah the wedding was still a little way off but I'd decided to organise it on a weekend when I knew all the guy's could come and I couldn't wait, it was going to be so much fun.

"That's true." He said as I grabbed the next dress, taking it off the hanger.

Now this dress, this dress was my favourite. It was black, we'd agreed on black to match the suits, it was strapless, lace and it was just beautiful. I'd already decided that I would buy it myself if Courtney disapproved, I just loved it that much.

I pulled it on and reached behind me, doing it up the best I could, then I looked in the mirror before stepping out to show Matt. It was perfect, it was very feminine, the lace was beautiful and it clung to my curves in all the right places. I actually thought I looked good in this dress, which was rare for me.

"Zip me up." I asked Matt, stepping out and turning around. I felt him tug gently on the zip and then I turned around and faced him. "Well?"

He looked me up and down, his brow furrowing, putting his finger to his lip, thinking. "I'll take a photo, ask Court."

So I posed for yet another photo and turned around to look at myself in the mirror while we waited for a reply. I knew she'd say no, but I was getting it anyway.

"I'm getting this dress anyway." I told Matt, glancing at him in the mirror.

"Yeah." He said softly, looking at me. "I think you should."

I shrugged, feeling myself blush, he'd been looking at me in a such a way I was beginning to feel self conscious.

"Has she replied?" I asked, watching him look at his phone.

He frowned, sticking his phone his pocket. "Yep and she actually likes it."

I turned around. "What? Are you serious?" I thought out of all the dresses this was the one she would dislike the most.

"Yep, so get changed." Matt told me. "So we can go to lunch. I'm fucking starving Lana."

I smiled and went back into the change room. I was so happy, I loved this dress so much, it really suited me, almost like it had been made for me.

I changed quickly, pulling my shirt and jeans back on, walking out and handing Matt the dress, then I waited while he payed for it.

"What shoes should I wear?" I asked him as we were leaving. "Does Courtney have to approve those too?"

"Nah." He said as walked along the footpath. "Get what one's you think are best, because honestly Lana, I don't think I could handle shoe shopping with you." He put his arm around my shoulder and pulled me closer, hugging me.

"I'm not that bad." I said, smiling.

"Yeah you are." He said laughing and I hit him playfully.

I was glad we were back to being what we were, best friends, because I hated not having Matt around, he was just a part of me, he made me who I was.

"Here." He announced, stopping out the front of a restaurant and we headed inside, grabbing a table.

'So." I said after our order had been taken. "Are you all organised for the wedding?"

He shrugged, taking a bite of a breadstick. "I don't know, I've just been told by Courtney when and where to turn up, anyway, I'm looking forward to this weekend."

I was a little surprised and how quick he changed the subject. "I can't wait." And it was true, it was going to be a good weekend.

"Anyway, what are you doing tonight, wanna hang out?" He asked, looking at me.

"Ugh I can't, I'm going out with Nick." And I was a little disappointed that I'd made plans with Nick.

"How's that going?" He asked me.

"Okay, we've been out a few times."

And it was true, we had been out a few times and each time Nick had kissed me and it had been nice. We weren't boyfriend and girlfriend yet but we were getting there.

I sat there and I looked at Matt, I mean who was I kidding, I would dump Nick in a heartbeat for Matt. I couldn't help it. My heart wanted what my heart wanted and there wasn't a thing I could do about it.