Remenissions

Chapter 23

Lana's POV

Ugh, my head hurt. I had a headache but I wasn't surprised, at least I didn't feel sick, well I didn't think I did, I guess I'd see once I got up out of bed. I needed food and a swim, but I needed the swim first, to clear my head.

I got up, sitting on the edge of my bed and pushing thoughts of last night out of my head. I wasn't thinking about any of it, not yet at least. I went in and threw on my swimmers, putting on my wrap and grabbing my towel. I walked into the living area and judging by the fact that their doors were open, it was obvious Matt and Brian were already out somewhere.

I caught the lift downstairs and made my way out to the pool. Swim then eat, I keep telling myself, but as I reached the pool I stopped.

The guy's were all here, swimming, talking and they were surrounded by a group of girls. Of course they were, they were attractive men and girls couldn't help but like them.

I looked at Matt. He was on a sun lounge and there was a girl, perched on the lounge, talking to him. Ugh Matt. I was not thinking about that today.

I took a deep breath and walked over.

"Morning." I said to nobody in particular, throwing my towel on a lounge. I removed my wrap and walked over and dived straight in the pool.

It felt like heaven and I surfaced already feeling better.

"How are you feeling?" Brian asked, smiling at me.

I looked at him and shrugged. "I don't feel too bad."

The girls were all staring at me and I was feeling a little self conscious, so I swam to the edge and pulled myself out. Time to eat.

"Where you going?" Matt asked me as I grabbed my towel, wrapping it around me.

"I need food." I muttered, turning and walking away.

"Yeah wait up." He called, scrambling to his feet and following me. "I'm starving."

I stopped and waited for him to catch up and he smiled at me. I was trying to act normal and I really hoped I was.

"How are you feeling?" I asked him as we headed to the pool side restaurant.

He nodded. "I feel pretty good actually."

"That's good, I mean considering it was big night." I was trying to gauge how much he remembered.

"It was a huge night." He said as we approached a table and sat down.

I picked up my menu, looking and thinking. The way Matt was acting it was obvious that he didn't remember last night, but I think that was a good thing, well for him anyway.

We ordered and made small talk and the more Matt spoke, the more convinced I was that he didn't remember, and that was good, I mean he was getting married soon and honestly I was positive last night was only a little fun, a joke to him.

At least I'd gotten to kiss him, I thought as my food arrived. Never in a million years had I ever thought that I would get to kiss Matt, but now I had, and fuck me, it was the best kiss I'd ever had in my life. Honestly.

"What are we doing today?" Matt asked, eating and looking at me.

"I don't know." I said shrugging. "Hanging out here, going out tonight."

Tonight we were going out again, trying our luck in a few casino's.

"I like the sound of that." He said, smiling at me over his coffee.

I quickly looked away, I'd started blushing and him looking at me was flustering me. Thank god my phone interrupted us, or things might have gotten awkward.

"Hi." I said to Nick, smiling, thanking god he'd called when he did.

"Hey sweets." He said. "So how was last night?"

I glanced at Matt, smiling. "Last night was good." I told him. "We all got rotten drunk and made total dicks of ourselves." That wasn't far from the truth.

"So you had fun then?"

"I guess you could say that." I mumbled. Fun, fun was an understatement.

Matt suddenly stood up, clearing his throat and I looked at him. He indicated to me that he was going back over to the pool.

"I'll be there in a minute." I told him, covering the mouthpiece.

"Yeah." He mumbled. "Take your time."

"Lana." Nick said.

I tired to turn my attention back to Nick but I couldn't. I was watching Matt walking away, watching his arm's, his back, his ass. I imagined him naked, in bed with me and I wanted that, I wanted to touch him all over and I wanted him to touch me all me over. Oh god. I wanted that so bad.

I groaned, closing my eye's. I had it bad for Matt before, but after last night I had it worse.

"Lana are you okay?" Nick suddenly asked.

Fuck, I'd forgotten I was on the phone with him. I was to busy visualising me and Matt having sex.

"I feel sick." I muttered, standing up. And I did, I felt really sick.

"Have some water." Nick said, but I ignored him.

"I gotta go Nick." I mumbled hanging up and heading straight for the nearest bathroom.

I only just made it in time, when I got there I slammed the door and lost all of the breakfast I'd just eaten.

I sat on the ground next to the toilet and closed my eye's. What a mess, this whole thing was a mess. I loved Matt, I couldn't deny it, and I had been trying to get over him but now I couldn't, after last night, I couldn't get over him, I'd never get over him.

He was getting married, and as I had that thought I felt a tear run down my cheek. He was getting married. The man I loved was getting married and he was getting married soon. I wasn't sure how I was going to cope with that, I'd been fooling myself, thinking I'd be okay with it, but I wouldn't, I'd never be okay with it.

My heart was breaking and there wasn't a damn thing I could do about it.