Remenissions

Chapter 24

Martina's POV

Thank god, it was Monday. They were all coming home and I was about to head to the airport and pick Brian up. Yes I know, I was a little excited, but I'd missed him, so much.

I checked myself in the mirror one more time and yes I looked good. I wanted to look good for him, I wanted him to see what he'd been missing and I wanted him to miss me as much as I'd missed him. I was pretty sure he had, well I hoped he had.

I headed off to the airport, cursing them all as I arrived and tried to find a park. They'd picked a shit time to get in and it seemed everyone was here picking someone up. I checked the gate and made my way over, groaning because now the flight was delayed by half an hour.

"Marty." Courtney called, waving to me.

Just great, now I would have to talk to her for half an hour. "Hi." I said plastering on a fake smile. "How are you feeling?"

"Good." she said. "I thought about what you said and you were right, I was being silly, I mean Matt and Lana." And she started laughing.

I just looked at her, I mean if she'd seen what I had I was pretty sure she wouldn't be laughing. Fuck, the way she said Lana's name, I wanted to pull my phone out and show her.

"Anyway." I said, quickly changing the subject before I did something I might regret. "Brian and I are having everyone over for dinner on Friday night."

"Oh that sounds nice." She said. "Any reason?"

Yeah there was but I wasn't telling her jack. "Oh no." Then I had a thought. "Oh well I thought it would be a nice chance for everyone to meet Lana's new boyfriend." Which wasn't a lie, I mean none of us knew him, not that I was even sure if he was her boyfriend.

"Lana has a boyfriend?" She asked and there she was with that tone of voice again.

"Well yes, did you think a girl like Lana would be single?" I asked. Now she was pissing me off. "I mean she's incredibly attractive, who wouldn't want to date her." And I smiled. "Well except Matt of course." I added, smiling widely.

"Well yes." She sniped and I knew I'd hit a sore point with her. She was fucking jealous of Lana, not that I blamed her, Lana was attractive and her personality was very catching, hell even I was jealous of her sometimes.

"He seems a nice guy." I added, attempting to keep the conversation going. "I'm glad she's found someone." Who isn't Matt, I added silently and I was glad, glad she'd found somebody because she deserved happiness. Lana hadn't always been successful in the guy department, but hopefully Nick would be different.

"Yes, I'm glad too."

I bet you fucking are, I thought to myself and a voice came over the loud speaker, announcing the flight had arrived. Thank god.

We both stood there waiting as people finally began coming through and I cringed as Courtney yelled.

"Matty." Hell you'd think she hadn't seem him for a month.

He was walking with, surprise surprise, Lana and he looked up as Courtney called out and I swear I saw a look pass over his face, it was only brief but it was there, I swear it was disappointment.

"Hey Marty." Brian said and he was standing in front of me, waving his hand.

I looked at him and stepped into his arms, letting him kiss me softly. "Hi." I whispered. "I'm glad you're home."

"So am I." He said smiling. "Believe me."

"Well let's get your bag and go."

All of us made our way over to the luggage carousel and waited for the bag's to start arriving. I saw Lana standing there, looking alone and I walked over to her, putting my arm around her shoulder.

"You look exhausted Lana." I said quietly and she looked at me nodding.

"I am. I could sleep for a week." And right then I knew, right then I knew that something had happened in Vegas and whatever it was, Lana was hurting.

"So Brian told you about Friday right?" I asked her, looking at her, really looking at her.

"Oh yeah I'll be there." She said smiling, only I could see it was forced, it wasn't a real smile.

"And bring Nick."

"Of course." She said quickly. "Finally, my bag." And I watched her reach out and grab it off the conveyor.

"Hey Lana." Matt called, and we both looked over at him. "Do you need a ride?"

I watched as Courtney just about blew her top, looking between Matt and Lana.

"Um." Lana stammered. "No thanks, I'm getting one off Marty." And I nodded. Yeah she could get a lift off me.

"Oh okay." He said, putting down his bag and walking over to her. "Lana." He said smiling. "Thanks again, honestly, it was the best weekend." And he hugged her. I stood there watching Lana hug him back, blushing. "The best." He said again softly and then he pulled away. "I'll call you later." He told her, following Courtney out the door.

Lana let out a big breath and I looked at her, raising my eyebrow's.

"What?" She asked, attempting to look normal. "Can we go, I want to get home."

Brian carried his and Lana's bags to the car and we all walked in silence, each of us thinking.

I was thinking about Lana and I was pretty damn sure Lana was thinking about Matt, only I hoped not, I didn't want to see her hurt, she didn't deserve to be hurt.

I got in the car and shook my head. No, I was imagining things, Lana didn't have a thing for Matt, it was impossible, they'd been friends for too long to suddenly have feelings. Nope, perhaps they were just getting closer because of this wedding, because their lives were changing, because they were having to grow up, that's what was happening, it had to be.

"So." I said as we pulled up at Lana's house. "I'll see you and Nick on Friday night."

"You will." She said, getting out and grabbing her bag from the trunk. "I can't wait." She said smiling and already she looked better, she looked a little happier. Hopefully it was the prospect of seeing Nick that made her happier.

"So." I said to Brian as I turned the car towards home.

"How bout the video." He said, bursting out laughing.

I shook my head at him. "No, that video is over and done with."

"Oh no babe." He laughed, pulling his phone out of his pocket. "It's not done at all." And he started playing it.

I frowned at him, but then my frown turned into a smile, which turned into a giggle, yeah that video wasn't over and done with, not at all.

It was just too fucking fabulous to discard.

"You are never deleting that." I told Brian.

"Oh I'm not."

The video was gold, because in that video, just for a fleeting moment, I think Matt and Lana let their guards down and we got a glimpse of how they felt about each other, a glimpse of how they really felt. It was pretty special.