Remenissions

Chapter 42

Lana's POV

I was pissed, so fucking pissed at him. He'd spent the day telling me he wanted to be with me, that we needed to break up with our partners, and then when it comes time for me to do it he starts carrying on like a jealous fifteen year old. How fucking dare he, he was jealous because I had to said I would go for a walk with Nick, getting all pissy, asking me that I could break up with him but only if I really wanted to, how fucking dare he, I spent months dealing with his fucking life, his engagement, his wedding and he carries on like this over a fucking walk. Fuck him.

I grabbed my shoes and pulled them on, walking back into the living room.

"Ready?" I asked Nick, looking at him.

He smiled. "Of course."

I walked towards the door, throwing it open.

"Lana." Matt suddenly said and I turned around and looked at him. "Don't be long, um, it's cold out and.......dessert, yeah we haven't had dessert yet."

Was he fucking serious? "You ass." I snapped and I walked out, hearing Marty giggling as I stomped down the stairs.

I opened the door leading to the front and turned around, waiting for Nick, finally he came out with a smile on his face.

"What was that about?" He asked me and I shrugged.

"Matt's an ass." I said walking down the path. I didn't know where we were walking to, but now I was pissed and I needed a walk to calm down.

"Wait up." Nick said, trotting up next to me and putting his arm around my shoulder. "I just wanted to spend some time alone with you." He said. "How long is Matt staying at your place?"

"Ten fucking minutes if he's lucky." I snapped.

"God Lana, what did he do to piss you off?" He asked.

"He was fucking born."

Nick chuckled. "Anyway enough about Matt, how are you babe?"

I internally groaned. Babe. He called me babe. "Tired." I said quickly, because I couldn't think of anything else to say.

Nick grabbed my arm, halting me. He turned me to face him. "Why are you tired Lana?"

Oh I haven't slept properly for the last three months because that douchebag was getting married. "I don't know, I guess from yesterdays excitement."

"Why don't you come and stay at my place." He said softly, pulling me into his arms.

I was tempted, let me tell you. "Matt." I said quickly.

"Matt can look after himself." He murmured and he leant down to kiss me.

I put my hands on his chest, pushing gently. "Nick, don't". I told him softly.

"Why not?" He murmured, still trying.

"Nick, I......" I wasn't sure what to say. "Nick it's just...."

"Wait." Nick said, taking a step back. "Are you breaking up with me?"

Well he was making my job easier. "Yeah." I said softly. "I'm just not ready for a relationship."

Nick frowned, then he laughed. "Oh my god Lana."

"What?" I asked.

"You're a terrible liar."

"I'm not lying." I lied.

"Woah." He said, raising his eyebrows. "It's him isn't it?"

"What, who?"

"It's Matt, you and him, fuck." He said sounding pissed. "I should have known, fuck." He turned and started heading towards his car. "Does Matt's fiancé know about this, does she know that you two are getting it on?" He spat back at me.

"Don't be ridiculous." I called out to him, because right now Matt could suck my fuck and I was anything but getting it on with him.

He just looked at me and shook his head, unlocking his car and getting in. "You know." He said, winding down his window. "We were pretty good together Lana." And with that said he wound up his window, started the car and drove off.

I watched him drive away and I felt a little sad. It could have gone better and I really hoped I was doing the right thing. I hoped I hadn't broken up with Nick for nothing, because regardless of how I felt about Matt, I could have fallen in love with Nick and he was right, we were good together.

I took a deep breath and headed back to my apartment, kicking myself when I got there because I'd forgotten my key.

I buzzed and waited.

"Hello?" Matt answered and just the sound of his voice infuriated me.

"It's me you fucking idiot." I snapped and he buzzed me in straight away.

I stomped up the stairs and he had the door open by the time I reached the top. I walked in and Marty and Brian were sitting there, eating ice cream.

"Well fuck." I snapped. "Looks like I missed dessert."

"No." Matt muttered. "There's more, I can get you some."

"Don't bother." I said quickly. "I think I'll just go to bed."

"Where's Nick?" Marty asked, looking confused.

"Gone." I mumbled, turning towards my bedroom. "Anyway goodnight." And I headed into my room.

Just as I was shutting my door I heard Marty say. "Lana, it's only nine." But I shut the door, ignoring her, pretending I didn't hear her.

I just wanted to get away from them at the moment, so I quickly changed into my pyjamas and turned off the light, climbing into bed.

God, Matt had made me so mad. Our relationship was only a day old and here we were, already having our first fight, and why, because he didn't fucking trust me. I'd fucking loved that man for years, I'd watched him flaunt women in my face, I'd watched him nearly get married and he has a shit fit because I was going for a walk. I wanted to scream, I really did.

I turned onto my side, glaring at the wall in the dark. That was a bad idea because then I started thinking.

What if Matt went back to Courtney? What if I was just some sort of fling because he had wedding nerves? Maybe he was just using me and when he saw Courtney again he'd realise what a horrible mistake he made? And god, why couldn't I stop thinking?

Thank god my thinking was interrupted by the bedroom door opening quietly and I laid on my side listening as Matt got changed, then crawled into bed.

I felt him getting comfortable, then I felt him move over closer to me.

"Lana." He whispered but I ignored him, just laying there.

He moved around a bit, then struggled to wrap his arms around me. Stuff him, I wasn't helping him, but he managed, he wrapped his arms around and held me.

"Lana." He murmured, kissing the side of my face. "I know you're not asleep." But I continued to ignore him. "I'm sorry." He whispered. "I was just worried, worried that maybe once you saw him you might change your mind." What an idiot, as if I would change my mind. "Lana." He continued. "I mean it, I love you and I want this to work, you and I belong together." And did he have to be such a romantic sack of shit? "Goodnight Lana." He murmured and he reached up, grabbing my face gently and tilting it up so he could kiss me softly.

I felt him lay back and settle in for sleep. Damn him, I adored the big dumb shit and honestly, today had been the best day of my life. Matt was mine and I was his.

I smiled to myself, yeah I was still pissed at him, but I was sure there were going to be plenty of more times I would be pissed at him.

"Ugh." I said suddenly out loud. "You are a pompous ass but I love you." And I grabbed hold of his hand, entwining my fingers with his.

"Good." He murmured.

Yeah, it was good, it was very good. Our love was good.