Remenissions

Chapter 41

Matt's POV

I felt like a sixteen year old, honestly, she'd said she loved me and I felt really pleased with myself. Of course I loved Lana, she'd been my best friend for years, but now, it was a different kind of love, and she felt the same.

I probably looked like a dick, sitting on the couch with a big dumb grin on my face, but I couldn't help it, she loved me.

"Did you want to do anything today?" Lana asked, looking at me.

I shook my head. "Nope, I just want to hang out here, with you." She smiled at me and I leant over and kissed her again. I honestly couldn't stop kissing her and I was kicking myself that I hadn't kissed her years ago. I wished I had.

"Movie?" She asked and I nodded, watching her get up and put a DVD on.

God she was so beautiful, and she'd been right in front of me this whole time. She was standing there in a pair of shorts and a T-shirt and she was the most beautiful woman I'd ever laid eye's on.

I laid back on the couch and held my hand out, Lana took and laid down with me and we watched the movie. Honestly, Lana and I had laid like this a thousand times before, but now, now it was different, a nice different. As we laid there, I had my arms around her and occasionally I would gently tilt her face up so I could kiss her and I liked the feeling of her body against mine, it just felt right.

We laid there all afternoon, not necessarily watching movies either. After we had some lunch, Lana turned over so she was facing me, so we just laid there kissing and thank god her phone rang, interrupting us, because I was getting pretty turned on.

"Who is that?" I murmured against her lips and she turned over, grabbing her phone.

I took the opportunity to take a few deep breaths and I watched as Lana looked at her phone and put it back on the table. She turned back over, snuggling up close to me again.

"Who was it?" I asked her, but I already knew.

"Nick." She said softly. "I don't want to talk to him just now." And I personally didn't want her talking to him ever.

I was about to tell her good, I was glad, when her phone started ringing again. He was a persistent ass, I had to give him that. And persist he did, as we laid there he rang another five times and it kind of killed the whole romantic thing we had going on.

"Maybe you should answer." I told her softly, kissing her nose.

She shook her head. "I don't want to Matt."

"What if he just shows up?" Fuck, I hoped he didn't, but at the same time I hoped he did, so he knew about us, so he knew that Lana was mine.

Fuck, I thought, grinning like an idiot again, Lana was mine, she was mine and I hoped she stayed mine.

"He won't." She murmured kissing me.

So she ended up turning off her phone and we laid there for awhile. I stroked her hair, just looking at her, she was so familiar, and right now I felt so lucky and glad, glad that I'd come to my senses before I'd made the biggest mistake of my life.

So here we were on the couch, her kissing me, well I was kissing her too, our legs were entwined, my arms around her, her hand sliding up my shirt and I was losing my mind. This was Lana, but god, I'd never wanted to undress someone so much. I wanted to see what she looked liked under her clothes, I wanted to feel her skin against mine, but I wanted to wait. We may have known each other forever, but to me this relationship was special, it was special already and I wasn't going to rush anything. Lana and I knew each other as best friends, I wanted to get to know her as my girlfriend as well.

The door buzzer interrupted us and Lana pulled back and looked at me. "I don't know who that is."

I had no idea either, but I prayed that it wasn't Nick, I really didn't want to see him today.

It was Brian and Marty, which was okay, but not really because I was enjoying spending time with Lana, and well because they were here we had to pretend that nothing was going on, we were keeping to ourselves until Courtney and Nick knew and we were comfortable with our new relationship. Honestly I was already comfortable and I really didn't care if anyone knew, but Lana wanted to be respectful to Courtney and Nick and that made sense to me. It was just another reason why I knew she was the perfect woman.

Brian ordered dinner and we sat there. I hated every minute of it, I wanted to touch Lana, hold her hand, kiss her if I wanted, but I couldn't. Lana and I decided to set the table and I took the opportunity to steal a few kisses from her and I guessed I would be looking for excuses to get her alone until Brian and Marty left. Don't get me wrong, it was nice of them to come over, I just really wanted to spend time with Lana, make up for all the time I wasted.

We all sat there talking and Marty and Brian were telling us how the reception had gone and I was glad to hear that they'd had a good time, at least they enjoyed it and my money hadn't gone to waist.

The buzzer went and Brian got up. "Food." He said, buzzing them in and opening the door to wait.

I had to admit I was kind of hungry myself, but my hunger disappeared as Nick walked through the door.

He walked in and I watched as Marty and Brian greeted him like a best friend, then I watched him swoop in on Lana and go to kiss her.

"Hey." I said and I said it before I even realised. I guess it was a natural reaction to seeing some guy trying to touch my girl.

"Oh hey Matt." He said smiling at me. "How are you?"

"Yeah hungry." I mumbled. Now I felt like and idiot and everyone was staring at me.

The buzzer went again and this time it was the food, but I could have punched Brian in the face when he suggested Nick stay for dinner. Of course he agreed.

We all sat at the table, but I'd lost my appetite. I had to sit there and watch Nick, he kept touching her and I was getting pretty pissed. Lana kept avoiding his touch, but still, I was beginning to feel a little insecure.

"So." Nick said to Lana after we'd finished eating. "Do you want to go for a walk?"

"Um, let me clean up first." Lana said standing up and I watched her carrying the dishes into the kitchen. God , I couldn't keep my eye's off of her.

"I'll help." Nick said standing up.

"I've got it." I told him standing up and following Lana into the kitchen.

She was standing at the bench, staring out the window.

"Are you going for a walk?" I asked her and she looked at me frowning. I sounded rude when I really didn't mean to.

"I was going to tell him." She said softly.

"Well only if you want to Lana, I mean, it's your decision." And I sounded snappy when I didn't mean to.

"I'm sorry." She snapped back at me. "But you're standing here making me feel bad about going for a walk with Nick so I can talk to him, so I can tell him, but I had to watch you for all those months, I had to be a part of your wedding, I had to pretend I was happy for you." She pushed past me. "Hypocrite." She muttered under her breath.

I watched her and Nick walk out and I wanted to run after her, tell her I was sorry, but she was right, everything she'd just said was true.

How could I explain I was jealous? Lana was an amazing girl, who wouldn't want to be with her?