Remenissions

Chapter 55

Lana's POV

I could hear Matt banging around in the bedroom while I was attempting to get ready for Marty's girls night out. I knew Matt was getting ready for Brian's, but I wasn't sure what all of the noise was about.

"What the hell are you doing?" I asked walking in the bedroom, to find him looking under the bed for something.

"Looking for my shoes." He mumbled. "Oh here they are." He said standing up and throwing them into a bag that was on the bed.

"What's the bag for?" I asked, wondering, I had no clue.

"We're staying at the hotel tonight." He said looking at me.

"It was nice of you to tell me." I snapped. I had no idea they were staying overnight.

"I did Lana." He snapped back. "I told you last week and a few days ago, hell I told you at least fifty times."

"Fuck off." I snapped, walking back into the bathroom. "You did fucking not." And I knew he didn't.

"I did, you just don't fucking listen."

I slammed the bathroom cupboard shut, storming into the bedroom.

"I do fucking listen." I yelled. "You're so secretive about everything."

He groaned. "How the fuck am I so secretive?"

"Well." I said indicating to his bag on the bed. "Obviously you have big plans for tonight if you're going to stay over."

"For fuck sake Lana." He snapped, doing the bag up. "What big plans am I supposed to have?"

"Oh well I'm sure there will be strippers." I muttered, pulling on my shoes.

"And?" He snapped.

"And." I snapped back. "You sure as fuck have a fondness for strippers."

"What the fuck are you talking about?"

"You seem to forget Matt, I've seen you in action with strippers." I said, grabbing my purse.

"Oh I see." He yelled. "So if you're there I'm allowed to have strippers, if you're not then no strippers, is that right?"

"What ever." I snapped, heading for the door. "Do whatever the fuck you want." Fuck him and his smart mouth.

"Good." He called out. "Because I sure can't control myself around those strippers."

I opened the front door but then I slammed it shut again, walking into the bedroom.

"Yeah you can't." I yelled. "You carry on like a slut with them."

He looked at me, no he glared at me. "Yeah thanks Lana, I think I'll just go." He said grabbing his bag and walking towards the door. "I want to get there so I get a good seat to fondle the strippers."

Oh now he was really pissing me off. Well fuck him, I wasn't putting up with his shit.

"Well I've got an idea." I snapped. "Go, fuck off, run to your strippers."

"Good." He yelled. "I will."

"Yeah and you can go single." I snapped. "You're so fucking keen to fuck other girls well now you can do it freely."

He rolled his eye's at me. "Thank fuck."" He yelled. "I'm fucking glad you finally said it, now excuse me, I have some girls to go fuck, I'll see you whenever." And he walked out, slamming the door.

I stood there for a minute staring at the door. Did we just break up? Worse, did we just break up and Matt not care, not in the slightest?

I felt tears sting my eye's. He just walked out, walked out talking about fucking someone else, he didn't care, not at all.

Great now the tears were running down my cheeks, ruining my make up and I was supposed to be going out with Marty for her girls night.

I walked into the bathroom, attempting to fix my make up, but failing because I couldn't stop crying. He just left. Without a care. My fucking eyeliner was ruined thanks to that asshole. Fuck, I was going to be late, really late.

I stood there trying to fix it and eventually I got it so it looked passable. I grabbed my bag and walked to the door. I didn't feel like going out now, I didn't feel like going anywhere. Matt and I had just broken up and the last thing I felt like doing was getting drunk.

But Marty, I thought, and yeah, it was for Marty so I made myself go. I caught a taxi to the restaurant we were meeting at and I was late, a good half hour late thanks to Matt breaking my heart.

As I climbed out of the taxi I felt tears threaten to fall again but I blinked them back quickly as I walked inside.

"Lana, I was beginning to think you weren't coming." Marty screeched, running up to me and hugging me.

"Oh yeah." I said softly. "I couldn't decide what to wear."

"You look beautiful." She said. "Come, sit next to me." And she dragged me over to a chair, placing a margarita in front of me. "Drink up." She told me.

I looked at Marty, then I looked at that margarita and I picked it up, drinking it all down at once.

"Jesus Lana." Marty said looking shocked. "Are you alright?"

"No." I said as the waiter placed another in front of me. I picked it up and drank about half of it. "No, I'm not alright."

"Slow down." Marty said grabbing my hand, but I didn't, I picked it up and drank the other half.

"I want to get shitfaced." I whispered and then I burst into tears.

Matt had just broken up with me, he didn't care, and I felt like my insides were being torn apart.

"Lana what the hell." Marty said hugging me. "What's wrong?"

"Matt broke up with me." I sobbed. "Just now, just before I left."

"What?" She snapped. "Why did he break up with you?"

"I don't know." I cried. "We were arguing about strippers and then we broke up."

"Lana why were you arguing about strippers?" She asked, looking confused.

"Because he can't control himself around them." I told her, wiping my face. "So I suggested that he'd be better off going single so he could fuck whoever he wanted."

She frowned. "Lana, are you serious, you said that?"

"Well it's true." I cried. "And besides I didn't think he'd agree but he said thank god, now he could fuck whoever he wanted and he just left."

"Oh fuck me." Marty groaned, putting her head in her hands. "Lana, I'm sure it will be fine okay, so let's just enjoy tonight and you can talk to Matt tomorrow."

She hugged me then handed me a tissue and I wiped my face, ordering more drinks.

She was right, I could talk to Matt tomorrow, tell him I was sorry, I didn't mean it, I really didn't and I certainly didn't want to break up with him. I guess the thing that hurt me the most was the look on his face, he looked glad, he looked relieved that I'd broken up with him. Maybe he was glad.

What had I done?