Remenissions

Chapter 54

Martina's POV

God, it had been so busy, and we were going to be busy for the next few weeks. First was Thanksgiving, then Christmas, both had been good but busy, catching up with our families, but tonight was about our friends. Tonight was our New Years Eve party. Every year Brian hosted it, and well this year, since I'd finally moved in, we were hosting it together. So in between organising this and the wedding, we'd been pretty busy.
I was getting pretty excited, the wedding wasn't long now. The guy's were having the bachelor party next weekend, me and the girls were going out and then the week after we were heading to Tulum. I was really looking forward to that, relaxing, fun and getting married, especially the getting married. All the dresses were ready, the bridesmaid dresses and my dress, I was surprised at how easy Lana had been when it came to picking a dress, I thought she'd be fussy, but no, the first one I liked she'd agreed upon. She was so much more relaxed now and I knew Matt had a lot to do with that.

"Is everything ready?" Brian asked walking out the back, looking around.

"Yep." I said and I was excited, it had been a week or so since I'd seen Lana and I couldn't wait.

"Well let's have a drink babe." And I agreed, I needed a drink.

Not long after everyone else started arriving and it was nice to see that Zack had actually gotten himself a girlfriend, her name was Rachel and she seemed really nice. He'd asked quietly if he could bring her to Tulum, of course Brian and I agreed, besides, I wanted to get to know her.

"Have you met Lana yet?" I asked her, getting her a wine.

"Not yet."

"Well." I opened my mouth to reply and Matt and Lana chose that moment to arrive. "Speak of the devil." I said smiling.

Lana looked so good and I was a little shocked, since the last time I'd seen her, she'd cut her hair shorter, but god it suited her, so much.

"Hi." I said walking over and hugging her. "How have you been?"

"Busy Marty." She said hugging me back.

I hugged Matt and watched as he reluctantly walked over to the guys, but not before kissing Lana.

"So how was your Christmas?" I asked her. "What did he get you?" That's what I really wanted to know.

"Oh this." She said softly, showing us a beautiful heart pendant on a chain.

It was beautiful and I could tell by the look on Lana's face she loved it.

"Sooooo." I asked. "What have you two been doing?"

"Well." She said and started laughing. "We've started couples yoga."

"What?" I asked, imagining Matt doing yoga.

"Yeah he was being a smart ass a while back claiming he wanted to try couples yoga so now I'm making him." She laughed. "But, he does make me play golf in return."

God I was so happy, they'd settled into their relationship so nicely.

"God I'm rude." I suddenly said. "Lana this is Rachel." I'd completely forgotten to introduce them.

I was glad to see those two hit off.

"So are you ready?" Lana asked me and of course she was referring to the wedding.

"We certainly are." And we were very ready.

I excused myself and made the rounds, chatting to everybody and eventually I made my way over to Matt.

"So." I asked him smiling. "How's couples yoga going?"

He laughed. "Yeah Marty it's just great. Fucking fantastic. That woman making me do that."

He could say what he wanted, but I could tell by the look on his face he would do anything Lana asked him too, she had him hooked.

"So how is everything going?" I asked. "Really going?"

"Yeah good Marty." He said smiling. "The house is still on the market, but I think I found the one I want to buy, I just have to convince Lana to move in with me."

"I'm sure she will." I reassured him. I knew she would. "Courtney?" I asked. "Is she still bugging you?"

"Yeah." He scowled, looking at his beer. "She calls at least once a week to annoy the fuck out of me, but please don't say anything, Lana doesn't know."

I frowned. "Shouldn't you tell her Matt, I mean you're not hiding anything are you?"

He looked shocked. "No, I'm not, I just know that Lana would get upset and believe me, I more than anyone would really like Courtney to fuck off and get on with her life."

"Good." I said feeling relieved.

"Yeah Lana and me." He said smiling. "We're going pretty strong."

I could tell my the look on his face and the way he kept glancing over at her that he wasn't lying, he was in love with her and I was glad. They seemed to bring out the best in each other, they really did.

"Babe." Brian said, sneaking up behind me and putting his arm around my waist. "I missed you."

"Well I'm here now." I said kissing him softly.

Matt took the opportunity to make his way back to Lana and it was really nice to see her face light up at the sight of him.

"I think I'm just going to stay drunk until our wedding day." Brian grinned, taking a big drink. "I mean we're virtually going out every day until we leave."

I shook my head, but he had a point. "You need to stay sober enough to enjoy your bachelor party."

"Oh fuck yes." He said smiling. "I wonder what Matt's organised."

I shook my head. I wasn't sure but I knew it would be wild.

"Strippers." He muttered, walking off and I laughed and shook my head, of course he wanted strippers.

Midnight finally came and I was glad I spent the first minute of the New Year in Brian's arms kissing him and as I looked around at all of our friends I realised it was going to be a great year, a year to remember. I looked at Lana and Matt, smiling. It was going to be a great year for them, a big year for them, I just knew it.

Oh boy, I didn't realise how right I was.