Remenissions

Chapter 59

Matt's POV

Fuck this bed was comfortable, I was sleeping like a log and I was planning on having a good sleep in until someone started banging on my door. I'd already been woken up once by Lana purposely banging doors and now someone was banging it down.

I swear if Lana forgot her card I would kill her, I thought as I walked to the door. I opened it to a very pissed off looking Marty.

Pissed off was an understatement, she was furious and she told me Courtney was here. At first I thought I'd misheard, I mean why the hell would Courtney be here? But yep, she said Courtney was here.

Just what I needed, things were volatile with Lana at the moment and the last thing I needed was Courtney adding fuel to the fire and I kind of hoped I might be able to get rid of Courtney before Lana saw her. It was too late, Lana had already seen Courtney and now she'd disappeared.

That worried me, Lana going off by herself, not here, I didn't want her wandering around. I quickly got dressed and headed downstairs with Marty and yep, she was right, there was Courtney sitting there like she belonged and fuck, she greeted me like we were together, like I'd invited her and everyone else sat there glaring at me. Did they really think I asked her here? Obviously Lana did.

I told Marty to go and find Lana, I needed to talk to Courtney. This was my worst fucking nightmare, I wanted to find Lana, I was worried, but I needed to set Courtney straight, again.

"Let's go talk." I said to her, watching Marty and the other's head off. I hoped they found her, I really did.

"I'm so excited to be here." She said, grabbing hold of my arm.

I wanted to slap her hand away, but I didn't, I let her hold my arm as I led her outside, to a bar, at this time of the morning there was no one around so we could talk in private.

We sat down and ordered a coffee, once they were placed in front of us I turned to Courtney and I looked at her.

"Courtney." I said. "Why are you here?"

She smiled. "To be with you silly."

I shook my head. Would this ever end? "Courtney, you know I'm with Lana."

"Oh Matt." She said resting her hand on my arm. "I know you needed to do what you did with Lana, but I think you're ready now, I think you're ready to get married now." And she smiled at me. "I told you baby, I'd wait for you to get it out of your system and now I think you have."

"Courtney......" I started, but she cut me off.

"Matt, I love you." She said. "We were supposed to get married, we should have been married by now, so what I'm saying is enough is enough, let's get married already."

I looked down at my coffee and took a deep breath. "Courtney, what do I have to do? What do I have to say?" I told her. "I don't know what to do anymore, Courtney, Lana is not a fling, she is not a crisis, she's not a casual fuck. I'm sorry for what I did to you Courtney, I truly am, but I love Lana, I really do and I can't imagine not having her in my life, Lana and I are meant to be, we just go together, so well."

Courtney looked at me and she nodded and I watched as her eye's filled with tears.

"Courtney, please." I said softly. "Please let me be happy, if you love me like you say you do, then let me be happy." She nodded. "Courtney it's Lana who makes me happy." And it was true, everything I was telling Courtney was the truth.

She nodded and stood up, wiping her cheeks. "Are you sure?" She asked softly.

"I'm 100% sure Courtney." I told her. "Lana is the girl I want to be with, I couldn't imagine no Lana, it's just something I don't want to imagine, ever." And I didn't, just the thought of losing Lana made my chest ache.

"Okay Matt." She said quietly and then she turned and walked away.

That was it, well I hoped it was, I really did. I hoped now Courtney got it, got that I was with Lana and I planned on being with Lana for a long time.

Lana, I needed to find her. Who knows what the hell she was thinking and I headed back inside of the hotel, looking around. I ran into the other's who'd searched the beach and the town and found no sign of her. She had to be somewhere?

Marty wasn't looking to well and I was worried because I could see the concern on her face. Where was she?

I told the other's to have a rest and I headed back up to the room to grab my wallet and then I was going to search everywhere for her. I would get a map and search everywhere. She had to be somewhere here, she had to be.

I let myself into the room and I glanced around. Her bed was empty but unmade and I was walked into the bedroom I knew that she'd been here. The necklace I got her was in the middle of the bed, the chain broken. I knew she'd pulled it off and I picked it up, looking at it. I got it for her because it was simple, it was beautiful but simple and I knew Lana liked that type of stuff. She wasn't into bright shiny jewellery and as soon as I saw that locket I thought of Lana. It was as beautiful as her.

Lana. I shoved the locket into my pocket and grabbed my wallet, heading back downstairs. As I exited the elevator I looked over and saw Brian leaning over Marty who was now looking very ill, but I didn't have time to waste seeing if she was okay, I needed to find Lana first.

Lana thought I was with Courtney, I just knew she did. I didn't know what to do anymore, I didn't know what else I could to do to convince Lana that I loved her. I just didn't know.

I went over to the information desk, if anyone knew where to start looking I guessed they would.

I asked about some places around that were of interest and she pulled out a map, marking them for me and I looked at it. God, she could be anywhere.

I grabbed a bottle of water and headed off. I looked and I looked. I looked at every place on that map and then I looked at the beaches and as I headed back to the hotel I checked around the town.

Lana was gone, she had just disappeared.

I walked back into the hotel, taking deep breaths, now I was on the verge of panic and I was trying to keep myself calm.

"Did you find her?" Marty asked, running up to me and I just shook my head. "Oh god Matt." She groaned. "Where the hell is she?"

I shook me head. "I don't know." I said softly. "But I think it's time to call the police."

It was time to call the police. I needed to find Lana and when we did find her I was going to sit her down and I was going to tell her a few home truths. She needed to get it through her head that I loved her and only her, I wasn't sure how I was going to do it, but I was sure as shit going to make sure she understood it.