Take Me to Church

Chapter Two

I had been outside working in the garage ever since we arrived this morning.

When I wasn't needed in the office, I was out in the garage working on a project that Tig and I had started. Of course, I had some help through out the day from the boys; but mostly from Opie. That is, when he didn't have other things to do.

At some point during the day, I discarded my purple plaid over shirt. It had gotten too hot outside to wear while I was working. I also sent Dog, one of the men who worked at the garage, out to get some food- otherwise I would have starved. So around mid-afternoon, I ordered and paid for lunch for us all, and he was the lucky one who got picked to go pick it all up.

"Need a hand, doll?" I heard a familiar voice laugh. Looking up, I saw my husband looking down at me from the other side of what I was working on. Smiling, I leaned over a bit more just enough that I could press a small kiss on his cheek. "No, I think I've got it. Thanks though." I smiled, moving to wipe my hands off. "You know, you've got some dirt on your shirt." He pointed out. Looking down, I saw my white top was covered in dirt and oil from wiping my hands on it all day.

"Oh, then maybe I should take it off." I shrugged. Before he could object, I pulled the shirt off of my body. His eyes went wide and trailed over my body as I reached over and put my plaid shirt back on. I couldn't help but laugh at his reaction.

"Why, uh, why don't we finish up here and head home? Have some alone time, what do you say?" He coughed out. My smirk only grew as I walked over to him, and grabbed onto the front of his cut. "I like that idea." I chuckled. The slight awkwardness left his body, and was replaced with a smile.

"Good, get your stuff. I've got to move this car and then we can go. Alright?" He gave me a kiss before walking away. So, I did as I was told. I put away any of the tools I had been using, before picking up my newly discarded shirt. I grabbed my coffee cup out of the office before making my way outside. I could see everyone just sitting around, talking and relaxing. The bad feeling in the pit of my stomach was at it's peak- I was so worried.

I watched as Chibs climbed into a van and attempted to start the engine. It all happened in the blink of an eye from there.

His smile faded from his face as he jumped out of the van. He had barely gotten away from it, when it was sent up into flames. His body was picked up into the air, spun slightly, and thrown back down to the ground. A puddle of blood appearing on the ground from the back of his head. I watched, my body frozen, as everyone went running over to him. Tara was on the ground next to him making sure he was breathing, while Jax was calling 911.

I felt a pair of arms wrap around my shoulders, and I could feel the tears rolling down my cheeks. The sirens could be heard in the distance; but I couldn't tear my eyes away from my husband.

"Come on, baby, you don't want to see this." It was Gemma who spoke, she tried leading me away from the scene. I immediately started shaking my head. "No, no. I-I have to make sure he's okay!" I cried out, trying to force my way out of her grip.

Though, my attempts only made her tighten her hold on my arms. "No, Kaela, you listen to me. You don't need to see that, you can't do anything for him right now. Just let Tara take care of him for now." This time when she tried to lead me away, I allowed her to do exactly that. She took me a few feet away, over to the picnic table where we sat down together.

We sat in silence. Tears continued to roll down my cheeks, as Gemma did her best to comfort me. Her hand rubbing my arm slightly. We sat together like that until Tara came walking over to us.

"I'm gonna head over to St. Thomas, I'll give you a call as soon as I hear anything." Tara said with a sigh as she stepped towards us. I was quick to wipe my eyes as I looked up at her. "I'll come with you." I mumbled.

"No, Kaela, I don't think that's a good idea. Why don't you go inside and get some rest? I'll call you in the morning and let you know what's going on with him." Tara sighed, looking down at me with her eyes filled to the brim with sympathy. Once more, I started shaking my head. "No, I'm going with you. I can't stay here right now. Especially when I don't know if he's okay. So I'm going." I demanded, not taking no for an answer.

Tara looked at Gemma for approval. Gemma simply nodded before turning to look at me. "You go ahead, baby. I'll come by tomorrow with some clothes for you." Gemma said, pushing my hair out of my face.

"Thanks Gemma." I flashed her a smile before standing up. Tara and I exchanged glances as we walked over to our separate cars. Tara pulled out of the lot first, and I followed along behind her. I did my best to focus on driving; but it was hard with a million thoughts running wild through out my mind.

God, I could only hope my husband was going to be okay.
♠ ♠ ♠
Heres part two of chapter one! I hope you all enjoyed!!