Status: and we're back!

To Sweden With Love

fyrtionio

Several hours later, we finally landed in Stockholm.

I groaned as I followed a chipper Derick off the plane.

“Thank you for flying with us Mr and Mrs Brassard, and congratulations!” One of the stewardesses said as we passed her.

I gave her a fake smile as I pushed Derick to hurry up the ramp.

He laughed. “What’s wrong wifey?”

I hit him as I started walking beside him. “I hate you, that is what is wrong. I just had to sit and listen to you tell everyone our fake love story for 8 hours.”

“But Liv,” He groaned. “We got so much free stuff!”

I rolled my eyes as I grabbed my phone out of my purse and turned it back on. “Derick, it’s called perks of flying first class. Plus you are a player in the NHL remember? You are kinda famous.”

I heard my phone ping as I saw a text from Patric.

I may be a few minutes late. I lost track of time with Carl.

I sighed as I shot him a text saying we had landed and would be in baggage waiting for him before throwing my phone back in my purse.

“What’s going on?” Derick asked as he took my carry on from me.

“Patric’s gonna be late. And my stomach is starting to bother me again.” I said as I looked around for a bathroom.

Derick pointed one out as I ran that way. A few minutes later, I was walking back to Derick who was checking his phone.

“You ready to head through customs?” I asked.

He nodded as he gave a concerned look at his phone. “Ellie hasn’t texted me in a couple days.”

I groaned. “Derick, she’s on vacation. Give her a break. She doesn’t need to be stuck up your ass 24/7. Let her live a little.”

“I know but, this isn’t like her. Plus I miss her.” He whined.

“You are going to see her here shortly big baby. Relax.” I said as we got in line. “I haven’t seen Carl in over a month and you don’t see me moping around.”

“That’s because he left a piece of himself with you.” He said as he pointed to my stomach.

I gave him a pointed look as he smiled. “Oh come on, you know that was a good one.”

I sighed as I pulled my passport out and handed it to the officer. “Eight hours is too long to spend with you Brassard. I don’t know how Ellie does it.”

“Don’t kid yourself Olivia dear, you love spending time with me.” He said once we got through the line and headed down to the baggage claim.

As I waited for Derick to grab our bags, I heard my phone ring.

‘Liv I am parking the car now. Where are you guys?’ Patric said as soon as I answered.

‘Still waiting for our bags in the baggage claim. Derick is about 2 minutes from climbing up into the ramp to go find our bags.’ I said laughing as I saw Derick growing impatient.

He chucked. ‘I’ll be down in a minute.’

A few minutes later, I saw Patric sprinting towards me. I smiled as I waved him down.

As soon as he reached me, he engulfed me in a hug.

I laughed. “Patric, you act like you haven’t seen me in years.”

He let me go and smiled. “It’s been a few month actually. How are you feeling?”

I shrugged as Derick came over with the bags. “Nausea comes and goes. I ate so much on the plane and I am still starving.”

“She literally ate both of our meals.” He said as he shook Patric’s hand. “Thank God for all the freebie snacks in first class or I would have starved.”

“And then I puked it all up. As Derick was telling the stewardesses that, and I quote ‘clearly the baby already hates me for feeding it vegetables’.”

Patric laughed as he took my bag as he lead us out to his car.

“So how is my other Swede doing?” I asked as we were settled into the car headed back into the city.

“Good. We had a decent workout earlier. You excited to see him?”

I nodded. “I really am. I did not know I would miss him as much as I have.”

“And when are you gonna tell him about the baby?”

I sighed as I placed my hand on my stomach. “I’m gonna tell him when he has the Cup, I think that will be a good surprise..”

“How about ‘Hey Carl, I flew all the way across the ocean to tell you that I am carrying your mini me, oh and congrats on the Cup.’” Derick said chuckling.

I rolled my eyes. “You are full of bad ideas Derick. I really hope your plans for proposing to Ellie are good. If not, I will cause harm to you.”

Both guys laughed as I pulled my sunglasses down over my eyes and put my head back. Red eye flights weren’t my favorite thing in the world, and thanks to Derick, I had hardly slept on the plane.

I must have dozed off on the way back to Patric’s, because I was lightly shaken awake by Derick when we arrived.

“Liv, wake up. Time to go see Ellie and my best friend!” He said excitedly.

I groaned as I grabbed my bags and followed them into the house.

“Okay what’s the plan Patric?” I said as I set my carry on down in the foyer.

He looked at his watch. “We need to go meet them for lunch. Malin and Isabella have been keeping El busy shopping.”

I heard Derick groan down the hall and I laughed.

----------------------------------------

Shortly after, we were walking into Nosh and Chow, where we saw Malin, Ellie, and Carl sitting in the corner. Derick pulled me aside as Patric nodded and walked to the table.

“Okay so here’s the plan.” He said rubbing his hands together. “We are gonna walk up to the table quietly, then I am gonna pull the good old ‘guess who’ game on her.”

I rolled my eyes. “And me?”

“Oh, you can walk behind me. I mean, I am kind of more important to both of them.”

I chuckled as I shook my head as we headed to the table.

As we walked up behind Ellie, Derick put his hands over her eyes. Before he could say anything, I said ‘surprise!’.

Derick gave me a look as Ellie turned around in shock.

“Liv? Derick? You- you’re in Sweden?” She got up as she hugged me.

I nodded. “We decided to surprise you and Carl. You surprised?”

She laughed before turning to Derick and giving him a hug and a kiss. “You have no idea.”

As they hugged, I looked over to Carl, who was just sitting there, staring at me.

I waved my hand in front of his face. “You alive in there Hagelin?”

He shook his head as he stood up and embraced me. “I thought this was a dream. You are actually in Sweden. Somewhere you said you ”

I laughed as I gave him a kiss. He pulled me closer before Patric cleared his throat.

“There are children around, you know. Plus I’m starving.”

Carl flipped in the bird as we sat down and ordered food.

“So Carl picked me up from the airport and took me out for lunch.” Ellie said as the drinks arrived at the table.

I smiled as I took a sip of my water. “Wow. He does like you.”

She laughed as Carl rolled his eyes.. “I think he was jealous of the friendship you and Der have.”

Derick busted out laughing as both me and Ellie gave him a look. “Me and Liv? Friends?”

I shrugged. “I’ve been called worse, like your wife.”

Ellie and Carl both shot me a look.

“Say what now?” Carl said as he put his arm around me

Derick’s smile quickly faded. “Hey now, in my defense, the stewardess thought we were married.”

“You just never corrected them.” I said with a smirk as Patric and Malin tried not to laugh.

Ellie just shook her head. “I don’t know what to do with the two of you.”

“I’m just glad I don’t have to spend anymore alone time with him. He is all yours.”

After we finished and walked out of the restaurant, Carl grabbed my hand.

“You’re coming home with me.”

I smiled. “What if I wanted to spend time with my husband?”

Carl groaned as Derick threw his arm around me. “Hey, there’s enough of me to go around you know.”

Ellie smacked his chest as I laughed before Carl pulled me towards his car.

I yelled bye to everyone as I got into the vehicle. As he pulled away from the restaurant, he took my hand.

“You realize my bags are at Patric’s right?”

He smiled as he rubbed his thumb over the back of my hand. “I live two doors down. We can get them later. Right now, I am going to show you around my home.”

------------------------

After spending the next few hours sightseeing, we finally made our way back to Patric’s for my bags.

Malin pulled me aside as the boys started talking about training the next morning and Ellie played with Isabella.

“Have you told him yet?” She asked softly.

I shook my head. “I planned on telling him when he has the Cup, but to be honest, I don’t think I can wait that long.”

She smiled as she squeezed my arm. “You will know when it is time, trust me. If you cannot wait for a couple days, then so be it. He will be happy regardless.”

I smiled as Carl came over and put his arm around me.

“You ready to go home?”

I nodded as I told Ellie I would come hang out with her tomorrow while the boys are out.

“Okay. Oh! Me and Malin can take you to the Mall!” She exclaimed.

I laughed as I heard all the guys yell ‘No!’.

I followed Carl out as he loaded my bag into the car and we drove a few houses down to his.

“Um, Carl? Why didn’t we just park here and walk down?”

He shrugged. “Too lazy.”

I shook my head as I entered his house, and looked around in awe.

“You like it?” He said as he followed me in.

I nodded. “It’s gorgeous. Definitely could use a woman’s touch though.” I joked.

He kissed my cheek as he took my bag upstairs. “Whatever you want in here, get it. This place is as much your home as mine.”

Home, I smiled as I sat on the couch. I really do like the sound of that.

I leaned my head back and shut my eyes until I felt the couch shift beside me.

I opened my eyes to see Carl putting his arm around me and pulling me closer.

I snuggled into him. “So you’re jealous of my friendship with Derick?”

He sighed. “Not of the friendship, per se. It’s just the fact of all the time you two have spent together this summer.”

I giggled as I leaned up to look at him. “Are you jealous? Of Derick?”

He smiled. “Shut up. He got to have you all summer!”

I rolled my eyes. “You have nothing to worry about, he just kept me from going insane all summer.”

He pulled me close again. “Okay fine. As long as you are still sane, that is what matters.”

-----------------------

The next morning, I was awoken by someone jumping onto the bed.

“Wake up sleepyhead!” Ellie exclaimed as she bounced up and down on the bed.

I groaned and threw a pillow over my head. “I don’t wanna.”

She laughed as she grabbed the pillow from me. “Come on, the guys are gone for a few hours, time for us girls to spend some time together!”

I slowly sat up as I stretched. A wave of nausea came and went as I rubbed my stomach.

“Malin is down in the kitchen trying to find food to make for breakfast.” She said getting off the bed.

I laughed. “She isn’t going to find any. I went to go make dinner last night and there was nothing. We ended up going out.”

“Well I guess we will go grocery shopping too.” She said as she walked to the door. “Now hurry up and get ready. I feel like you need a new Michael Kors bag.”

---------------------------

A couple hours later, we had finished shopping and had decided to stop for lunch.

After we had placed our order for drinks, Ellie gave me a confused look.

“A water, Liv? Are you okay? You never turn down a glass of wine.”

I nodded as Malin shifted in her seat. “I just wasn’t feeling it right now. I’m exhausted from shopping.”

“You did buy some really nice things for the house. And that purse? It will go perfectly with that dress you bought.” Malin said changing the subject.

I smiled. “I spent so much money today, but he had nothing in his house. It needed some life.”

“Welcome to the life of a bachelor hockey player.” Ellie laughed. “Derick’s apartment was just as bad. But at least he had food.”

All three of us laughed as our food arrived.

After we ate, we ran by the grocery store and pick up a few things before they dropped me off back at the house.

As I started pulling bags out of Malin’s trunk, Carl walked out to greet us.

“What did you buy? The entire country?” He joked as he came to help with the bags.

“No, we bought you food so you don’t starve. And a few things for the house and myself.” I shrugged.

I waved bye to the girls as Carl loaded up with bags and I shut the trunk.

As soon as we got in the house, he dropped the bags in the foyer.

“You really didn’t need to buy food, we could have went and mooched off of Patric. That’s pretty much what I have done all summer.”

I shook my head as I grabbed the grocery bags and headed to the kitchen. “Maybe I wanted to cook when I was here. Besides, you have a party tomorrow. You needed stuff for that.”

He walked behind me and kissed my neck as I loaded the fridge with food. “See this is why I need you around.”

I laughed as I turned around to face him. “Why so you don’t starve?”

He wrapped his arms around me. “That and my life just seems so much better when you are around.”

I rolled my eyes. “Whatever you say Hagelin, now come help me put up this stuff I bought for the house!”

---------------------------

Carl had me up at the crack ass of dawn the next morning to get ready for the Cup.

“Carl, slow down. Just because you are fast on the ice doesn’t mean you have to run at lightning speed too. ” I huffed as I ran behind him around the neighborhood.

He turned around and slowed to a steady jog backwards. “I only have one speed love.”

I slowed to a walk as I put my hands on my head. “Obviously, I am so out of shape. I haven’t ran in a few weeks.”

“Liv, stop. You are beautiful.” He said as he slowed to a walk as I caught up to him.

I felt my stomach twist as we closed in to the house. I picked up my pace, hoping to make it back before getting sick.

“Liv?” Carl asked as he started jogging behind me.

As soon as I got to the door, I pushed it open and ran to the bathroom.

“Are you okay?” he said as he rushed into the bathroom behind me.

I shook my head as I emptied my stomach contents into the toilet. He left the room and came back shortly after with a bottle of water.

“Liv, did you go get checked out?” he asked concerned.

“No.” I said standing up, grabbing my toothbrush. “I'm fine. I just shouldn't have ran so soon after eating is all.”

He crossed his arms and stared at me as I brushed my teeth. “Are you sure nothing is going on?”

I smiled at him in the mirror. “Promise. See? In already feel better. Now go, so I can shower.”

After getting ready, I hopped down the stairs to see Ellie and Derick standing at the bottom of the steps.

“Hey guys. Where's -” I stopped as Ellie pointed into the kitchen where Carl was hugging the Stanley Cup.

“He's been like that for about 15 minutes now.” Ellie said.

“Well to be fair, it has been a couple months since they have seen each other.” I joked. “He actually greeted it better than he did me.”

“Well, looks like you are now the second most important thing in his life.” Derick said as he threw an arm around me. “At least you'll always have me to be your pretend husband.”

I rolled my eyes and pushed his arms off of me as Carl looked over at us. As soon as he saw me, his eyes lit up.

“Olivia! Perfect timing, we were just about to pop open the first bottle of champagne.” he said as he ushered me over.

I shook my head as we joined him, Patric and Malin in the kitchen.

“I'm good right now. There is still a long night ahead of us.” I said with a smile.

I could feel Ellie glaring at me as Carl shrugged and grabbed the bottle and popped it open.

This was gonna be a long night.

----------------------------

Several hours later, the party was still going on strong. I was chatting with Malin by the fire pit when Ellie came over and pulled me away from her.

“What the fuck Ellie?” I said after pulled me into the house.

“You need to tell us what the hell is going on with you.” she said as Carl walked into the kitchen and slid the door closed.

I crossed my arms. “I don't know what you are talking about.”

Carl sighed. “You've been sick a lot lately, tired all the time, and-”

“And not drinking alcohol like everyone else at the party. And you never turn down alcohol.” Ellie interjected.

I sighed. “I just don't feel like drinking.”

“Babe, we are just worried about you. And we think you need-”

“I'm pregnant.” I blurted out.

“-to go see a doctor.” Carl finished as Ellie covered her mouth in shock.

He looked at me and her confused.

“What?”

Ellie hugged me and turned to Carl and smacked his chest. “Did you not hear what she just told us?”

He stood there and thought for a minute before his face lit up.

“Wait, you're pregnant?”

I bit my lip and nodded. He grabbed me up and swung me around while I laughed.

“Oh my god Carl, put her down.” Ellie said swatting at his arm.

Once he put me down, he gave me a long miss before pulling away.

“Why didn't you tell us earlier?” Ellie asked.

“I didn't take a test until a couple days before coming out here. Derick actually threw a bag of them at me and-”

They looked at each other.

“Hold up. Derick knew before me?” Carl asked offended.

“In my defense, I thought it was just a stomach bug until he came to me and said I was pregnant cause he knew the signs. I refused to go buy a test so he bought 4 of them. All positive.”

Ellie smiled. “My boyfriend, the baby whisperer. So how far along do you think you are?”

“Just about 7 weeks I think. I go to the doctor in a week.”

Carl nodded. “I'll be there.”

I shook my head. “Don't cut your vacation short because of me. Besides, I'm sure Ellie will go with me.”

“Uh duh, I'm gonna go. But I think Carl should be there too.” Ellie said.

I sighed. “Are you sure you're okay with your vacation getting cut short?”

He nodded. “Absolutely. You are more important right now than any vacation.”

I smiled as I leaned in for a kiss.

“Okay, can we get back out to the party now? You're supposed to be celebrating!” I said wiping the loose tears off my cheeks.

“Yes, I need to go find my boyfriend and kill him for not telling me.” Ellie laughed as walked out the back door.

Carl took my hand and lead me back out. “Let’s get you acquainted with some of the family shall we?”

----------------------------

A couple hours later, everyone was gone except Patric, Malin, Ellie and Derick. As Carl was saying goodbye to the party goers, I was left with staring in awe at the Cup on the patio.

“It really is gorgeous, isn’t it?” Patric said walking up to me.

I slid my hand across some of the names as I nodded. “I cannot believe I am actually touching the Stanley Cup. My whole life I wanted to be able to touch this. But when my dad took me, Ellie and Shane to the Hall of Fame or any event where it was, he told us it was bad luck. Now, now this Cup has brought nothing but good luck. For all of us.”

He smiled, patting my back as Carl came outside with a bottle of Apple juice.

“So I think it's only fair that everyone gets to drink out of the Cup, and since Olivia is the only one that hasn't, due to wonderful circumstances,” he said as he poured the juice into the top of the Cup, “it is only fitting that you get to.”

I smiled and clapped my hands. “You didn't have to do this Carl.”

He shook his head as he and Patric lifted the Cup. “No. You deserve this.”

They tipped the Cup over as I drank the juice out of it. I heard the girls and Derick cheer me on.

As I got done I laughed and wrapped my arms around Carl’s neck.

“Thank you. You have no idea what that means to me.”

He smiled as he gave me a peck on the lips. “I don't think you know what you mean to me Olivia. I would do anything for you.”