Status: Currently being written.

Branded and Banished

Book 1: Water *Our Return

I felt cold all over and parts were just numb. There was a light and I was starting to feel suffocated as the iceberg opened up. I took in a gulp of air as my lungs started working. I fell to the ground as the ice was chipping away. Once I was freed I ran to Appa, thinking Aang might be with him.

He was huddled into a ball trying to warm himself a little. “Hey sweetie.” I said while petting his fur, “Sui-Mei’s here. Things are going to get better I promise. Have you seen Aang?” He groaned before laying his hand on the ground. “Sui-Mei!Appa!” I heard someone yelling for me. I turned over and on top of a snow mound was Aang and two water tribesmen. The three slid down and Aang hugged me. “You’re okay!” he cheerfully yelled. I just patted the top of his head, “Why wouldn’t I be. Appa seems a little cold. I don’t think he can fly right now.” I told him. “Aw, I wanted to show our new friends Appa’s flying.

I raised my brow to the two water tribesmen. “And who are you two exactly?” I asked them. “I’m Katara and this is my older brother Sokka. We freed you from this iceberg.” the younger girl spoke. I bowed to them, “thank you for that kindness. May I ask if there is a place for us to warm up and get some shelter?” I asked.

They looked at each other, “We can take you to our village until you can get on your feet.” said Sokka. “But we can’t keep you two for long, we don’t need to draw attention from the fire nation.” I bowed, “We understand. We hopefully won’t take to long to get resupplied and on our way.” I told him.

I grabbed Appa by the reins and led him into the water. The four of us got in the saddle and Sokka led us back to the village. The village was more than happy to accommodate a hut for us to stay in. I got dinner prepared for the two of us and Aang washed our clothes, as the seawater from the iceberg left a grimy texture to our clothes.

“Oh, I am so sorry I should have knocked first.” said Sokka. His face was red and his hands covered his eyes. I let out a laugh. “Sokka, you shouldn’t be embarrassed. My sanction of Air Nomads didn’t place value on the robes and garments the other nomads wore. I’m fine with displaying myself in my underwear.” I explained. “Still, you should have knocked. What can I help you with?” I asked him.

“Grangran wanted me to check up on the two of you and wanted to know if there was anything we could get for you.” he explained. He was a little more relaxed now, actually maintaining eye contact with me. “No we are content with what we have for now.”

He walked closer to me and spoke in a whisper. “He’s the Avatar isn’t he?” he asked me. I raised an eyebrow. “How do you know it’s not me?” I questioned. “Because when Katara released the iceberg, he was the one who let out an energy beam.” he responded.

“Sui-Mei. The laundry is done. Oh hi Sokka.” Aang spoke. “Hi Aang.” Sokka returned. “Sui-Mei, can I go outside? I want to go penguin sledding.” Aang asked me. “Go ahead, but you must return before dark.” I responded.

Aang ran outside and Sokka and I were alone once again. “Please don’t let anyone know who he is.” I asked him. “If we can head out safely, Aang can put a stop to this war when he masters the elements.” He nodded in agreement. “He should be safe here, there haven’t been any reported Fire Nation ships in the waters for years.”

He left the tent and I put my clothes on as dinner was finished cooking. Aang wasn’t back yet so I thought I would stroll through the village. The village people were fairly nice, thinking that I needed extra clothing,since my robes are rather thin.

There were a few kids playing with a ball and it was tossed over to me. “Here you go.” I said as I tossed it back. It was sunset, and Aang hasn’t come back from penguin sledding. All of a sudden there was a loud boom from the sky and a light. “Aang what did you ?” I said to myself.
♠ ♠ ♠
chapter 2 preview:

“Guards take her to the ship.” said the guy. “We’re leaving.” I was handcuffed and escorted by some guards with face masks. They led me onto their ship; the moment I set foot the air seemed to change, it was more chiller. “Where would you like us to put her Prince Zuko?” asked one of the guards. “I’ll take her from here.” he responded. He grabbed me by the arm and pulled me towards him, “We have a special room for you.” he told me.