‹ Prequel: The Marauder Princess
Status: finished

Heirs of the Marauders

Chapter 14: Truth and Raven's Return

Devi hung from his normal nightly spot, his eyes on Kali. He knew she wasn’t asleep like the other girls. Just as he expected she sat up and slowly got out of bed still dress. She had been doing this every night the last two months and he wanted to find out where she was going now. He had been hoping she would tell him but she hadn’t and she was keeping it from him and the other Marauders who this Silver Dragon was. It was high time that he found out who it was and why his Mistress was keeping it a secret.

He followed her quietly down the stairs and into the common room. She was tip-toeing across the common room because Harry and Ginny had fallen asleep on the couch together. A good match Devi thought as he slipped out after Kali. He stayed in the shadows so she couldn’t see him. He could barely see her. Devi watched as Kali walked back and forth past the portrait of Barnabas the Barmy three times. Then to Devi’s surprise a door appeared.

Kali went up to the door and opened it. Before she went in she turned and looked around seeming to sense he was there. Devi remained still till she entered. He then quickly entered before Kali closed the door. Kali swung around back toward the door. Her eyes scanning and her ears listening intently. She had heard him and he knew it! But did she know it was him?

“What’s wrong?” Asked Draco coming up behind her and wrapping his arms around her.

Devi couldn’t believe his eyes. The Silver Dragon person she had been going to meet was the Malfoy boy! Then Devi was filled with anger when Kali turned and he kissed her. Devi swooped down from where he hid, grabbed hold of Draco’s hair and pulled as hard as he could. Draco let out a howl of pain. Kali gasped seeing Devi there, but then the shock wore off...

“DEVI NO! LET GO OF HIM!” Kali yelled.

Devi didn’t hear a word of what Kail said he was intent on killing this blonde haired boy that had dared to touch his mistress. He now started biting as well. Kali grabbed on to him and started pulling him away from Draco.

“Devi let go of him!” Kali yelled again, “He’s my friend!”

This shocked Devi so much that his grip loosened so that Kali could get him off Draco.

“Ferret boy no friend of yours.” He hissed, “He is evil.”

“No, he’s not. I’ve got to know him Devi and I love him.”

Devi’s looked up at her with wide eyes. Did she just say what he thought she said? Devi turned angry eyes now to Draco.

“What did you do to her?” he hissed angrily.

Draco smirked. “I did nothing to her.”

“Ferret boy lies!”

Devi once again lunged for Draco, but didn’t get very far for Kali had a strong grip on him.

“Devi please stop. He didn’t do anything to me.”

Devi glared up at her. For the first time in their whole life together he was angry with her. This had to be the stupidest mistake she’d ever made.

“Please don’t look at me like that. It’s not like I planned it.” She said.

“Wait till your mother finds out that you been seeing ferret boy.”

A look of complete horror came over Kali and Draco’s faces.

“You can’t tell her!” the two of them exclaimed together.

“Please Devi! My mother would never understand. She would take me out of Hogwarts!”

“Good, then you would be away from him.” Devi jester toward Draco with his wing.

“Why you miserable little rat! Can’t we just get rid of him?” Suggested Draco.

“NO! He’s my best friend. And saying that isn’t going to help convince him you’re on our side.”

“Yeah, but he’s going to blow our secret, and I’ll never see you again.”

“Devi please you have to understand. You’re my best friend!” Kali pleaded with the little demon bat-rat.

“The blonde one is bad news. He’s evil like his father.”

“I’M NOTHING LIKE MY FATHER!” roared Draco.

Oh lord here we go. The two glared at each other.

“Devi do you really think I would be with him if he was evil like his father?” Kali butted in trying to stop a fight between the two, “You know I’m a good judge of character.”

“This is true.” Devi admitted.

“So you agree with me and won’t go telling mom?”

Devi looked Draco strait in the eyes then looked back at Kali.

“Very well. For you, not the blonde ferret boy.” He said, “Master Emily would tear him to shreds if she found out about this.”

Draco swallowed hard. Great now I have to worry about this rat thing telling on me. Kali hugged Devi tightly.

“THANKS DEVI! I LOVE YOU!”

“You’re welcome.”

Devi wasn’t sure this was the right thing to do or not but it was making his Mistress happy. Hopefully Emily would never find out about this or there was going to be big problems for the Malfoy boy and himself for not telling her about it. Suddenly Devi noticed Kali had gone rigged and her eyes looked far off.

“Kali?” Draco and Devi said together.

Kali blinked and looked at the two of them as if she’d never seen them before.

“Kali are you okay?”

“Yeah why wouldn’t I be?”

“I don’t know you got really quiet that’s all.”

Kali looked down at Devi, “I think we better go it’s getting late and we have class tomorrow.”

“Okay.” Draco said still a little concerned about her.

Kali carried Devi as her and Draco walked out. They said good-bye with a kiss and went their separate ways. When Kali and Devi arrived back to the girl’s dorm Kali still hadn’t said a word.

“Are you sure you’re okay?”

“Yeah, just tired.”

Devi knew she was lying to him. She crawled into bed after getting into her pj’s. Soon she was fast asleep and so was Devi though his was not a sound one.

Another month passed by after Devi learned of Kali and Draco’s secret. It’s now February and there was still the winter chill in the air. Kali and the other Heirs sat watching the effects of their latest prank. The Hufflepuffs were scratching and itching themselves from the itching powder the girls had put in their shirts and socks!

“This is great.” Maddi whispered to Amber.

Amber nodded and grinned. Kali was sitting there laughing very hard even though it wasn’t the Slytherins it was still absolutely hilarious. The whole school was always on guard now because of the four Heirs and the girls had yet to receive a detention for any of their pranks. Which Kali’s mom said was great and better then James, Sirius, Raven, and she had done. She told Kali they had received may detentions. Mostly James and Sirius, beings Raven and she knew how to weasel their way out of things.

Later that night Kali made her made her way down the dark torch lit halls like she has been doing for months now. She did her normal routine and entered the room. Kali’s scanned the room for Draco, but didn’t see him. She walked over and sat on the couch in front of the fire as she normally did when she got there before he did. Kali began humming the song that her mother had taught her that her father had made as she did once in a while, until something caught her eye. A green book bag sat in the chair to the left of the couch. An image flashed through Kali’s mind from the night Devi discovered she was seeing Draco.

((Flashback))
She remembered Devi saying you’re welcome then everything went black for a moment then an image of a green book bag sitting in a chair appeared suddenly the bag was right in front of her. Then the bag disappeared and a letter appeared. The words were blurred and she couldn’t make them out except who it was from. It was from Draco’s father. Something inside Kali told her this letter was important that she had to find and read it.
((End Flashback))


Kali slowly got up and moved toward the bag. She now recognized the bag as none other than Draco’s. She knelt before the chair and opened his bag. She began shifting through everything searching for the letter from her vision. Her heart was pounding hard in her chest. What was in that letter that was so important? Finally she found a letter and pulled it out. Her heart was in her throat as she opened it and began reading it.

Draco,
It’s time for you to stop playing with the Hittlet girl. Get the information we need now! Our Lord is getting impatient.
Lucis


Kali felt anger rise inside her. Draco had just been toying with her all this time! She felt her heart drop at the thought as well. She’d fallen in love with him and all he wanted was some information from her, he never really cared for her. Devi had been right all along he was an evil git! A growl escaped her lips and her eyes flashed red as she realized what he most likely wanted. How to get into the Underground! To her mother! Kali stood up as she heard the door open. Her eyes landed on Draco as he stepped in and then closed the door behind him. Her teeth clenched and her hands doubled into fists.

Immediately Draco knew something was wrong. He could feel the tension in the air and by the way Kali held herself. If he didn’t notice these things her glowing red eyes would have told him! It seemed as if a fire had been lit in them and it was blazing and there was no chance of it going out anytime soon! Draco now noticed she held something in her hand. A piece of parchment. Could that be what had upset her so badly?

“Kali what’s wrong?”

“You know damn well what’s wrong.” She hissed out.

“Uh no I don’t.”

“Then read this.”

With that she walked up and handed him the piece of parchment. Confused Draco looked at it then at her.

“Read it.”

Kali’s voice left no doubt in Draco’s mind she was about to go ballistic like she had when he’d called her mother and the rest of the Undergrounders swear rats. He opened the letter and his heart stopped. Oh shit! It was the letter from his father telling him to get the information from Kali on how to get into the Underground. How did she find it?

“Kali I can explain….”

“No, you don’t need too. Your father wanted to get to my mother, but to do that you had to get to me to find out how.” Her fangs bared as she spoke, “You used me, you never cared about me at all!”

“That’s not true!” he interrupted.

Draco found himself flat on the floor after Kali’s fist connected with his face.

“You lying bastard!” she screamed tears now streaming down her face, “You were just toying with me so you could get to my mother!”

“At first yes, but then I really did fall in love with you.”

“I don’t believe you.

She ran from the room and raced down the hall not wanting to be near him any longer. But it wasn’t toward the Tower. Down the stairs she went, through the Great Hall and out the doors; which she was surprised to find open. Tears were still racing down her face. Soon she came to something she’d seen in her vision too. A gravestone. She dropped to her knees and brushed the dirt from it. On it read….

Raven Towsley
May 7, 1960- March 16, 1976
Our Marauder Princess

Kali whipped the tears from her eyes or tried to. The just wouldn’t stop coming.

“Don’t cry it’s not worth it.”

Kali jumped hearing another voice. She looked around but saw no one until from behind the stone come a leopard. Kali’s eyes widened and she scrambled to her feet.

“No, don’t run. I’m the one that’s been helping you.”

Kali didn’t move. She was frozen in awe of the leopard as it moved more fully into view. Could it really be this leopard that had been sending her all these weird visions and dreams? Suddenly she realized she could see right through it! It was a ghost! Then to her surprise and amazement the leopard disappeared and a girl around Kali’s age appeared. Kali gasped. She knew this girl quite well now. Too many times had she seen this girl in her dreams and nightmares. It was Raven that stood before her.

“Raven?”

“Yes, Kali it’s me.”

“But how? Why?”

“I’ve come back for only short time with a warning.” Raven said a solemn look upon her face, “History is about to come full circle and repeat itself.”

“Repeat itself?”

“Yes, I can’t give you details for that would be messing too much with the future. All I can tell you is what happened in my time is about to happen again.”

“Who? Who’s going to do it?”

“As I said I can’t give you detail. You know who Kali. You’re the only one that knows and can stop them.”

“Draco.” She breathed.

A smile played on Raven’s lips and Kali knew she was right, but it quickly faded.

“Another word of caution, don’t make the mistakes I did.”

Kali searched her mind on what had gone wrong in Raven’s time. “If only Raven hadn’t gone on her own things might have been different. She was stubborn though and thought it was her fault and wanted to do it alone.” Her mother told her one time.

Kali smiled, “I won’t, but how will I know when he’s going to do it?”

“You’ll know there’ll be signs and you’re a very smart girl just like your mother was.”

Then Raven was no longer there, but the leopard once again. The leopard looked at her then turned and leapt away toward the Forbidden Forest. Kali’s eyes fallowed her. Kali smirked as she noticed four other animals met the leopard. There at the edge of the forest stood a stag, an enormous dog, another type of dog, and a phoenix.

“Welcome back Marauders.” Kali whispered happiness washing over her.

After she said this the five animals disappeared. No longer did Kali feel sad about losing Draco. No, she had to stop him from repeating history and letting Death Eater into Hogwarts! Kali squared her chin. She was the future leader of the Underground, she had to do this. Raven believed in her so she could do it. And this time Kali would have her friends at her side when the fight began, she wouldn’t rush in alone. She was going to show her mother this time she wasn’t just a prankster, but that she could fight if need be.

“I’ll stop him. No matter what it takes.”