‹ Prequel: The Marauder Princess
Status: finished

Heirs of the Marauders

Chapter 13: Christmas fun and Mistletoe

A couple months pass by with the Heirs causing havoc around the school. Mostly for the Slytherins. And Kali and Draco continued to meet secretly in the Room of Requirements. They were now good friends, though when around others or talking to others about each other they were enemies. Right now Kali couldn’t think of a better time in her life. She had best friends that loved to play pranks with her. And she was starting to believe, though she wouldn’t admit it, she was falling for Draco. Right now it was Christmas morning and the four Marauder girls had special plans.

“Kali wake up, or we’ll be late.” Said Maddi as she tried to wake a sleeping Kali.

Kali opened an eye and looked up at Maddi standing over her.

“All ready.” moaned a very sleepy Kali.

“Yeah, look!” and Maddi pointed to the end of her bed.

Kali’s eyes lit up seeing all the presents at the end of her bed. She jumped quickly out of bed and grabbed her backpack and started putting her presents into it. Maddi already had hers packed so she just stood there waiting for Kali. Once Kali was ready the two young Gryffindor girls made their way down the dorm stairs to the Common Room across it, then to the door and out it.

After making it out the door the girls moved swiftly down the hall toward their destination. As they neared the portrait that marked the Room of Requirements they noticed two other figures. The firelight illuminated the hall enough for Kali and Maddi to see Natalie and Amber standing next to a suit of armor waiting for them. Maddi stopped and greeted them as they; themselves reached the suit of armor. Kali on the other hand walked passed them.

“Hi guys. Merry Christmas!” Maddi exclaimed quietly.

“Same to you Star Cadet.” Amber replied.

Kali walked passed them again.

“What’s Demon Heir doing?”

“Finding the door. If you remember she told us you have to walk past the portrait three times.” Natalie stated.

“Oh, right.” Amber said sheepishly.

Kali walked by again this time a door appeared in the wall. Kali smiled.

“Girls I’d like to welcome you to the Room of Requirements.”

And she opened the door and ushered them in. The three other Marauder Heirs stared in wonder at the beautiful room. A large couch and chairs sat in front of a roaring fire. Christmas decorations were everywhere and smack dab in the middle of the room stood the biggest most beautifully decorated Christmas tree they had ever seen. A table stood to one side with Christmas treats of all sorts and hot chocolate.

“Wow…” they exclaimed at the same time.

Kali walked up beside them. “Merry Christmas guys. This is just a little side treat.”

“This…is…so…cool!” Maddi suddenly yelled and ran over to the table with the sweets on it.

Kali giggled, picked up Maddi’s bag that she had dropped, and walked over to the tree.

“Maddi I’m unloading your presents and putting them under the tree.”

“Ok whatever.” She answered sipping on hot chocolate.

Natalie and Amber joined Maddi after dumping their presents under the tree. Kali watched her three friends laughing and enjoying themselves. Maddi was still in her Stargate pj’s. Natalie had on a pair of pj’s with purple and blue pastel strait jackets on them. Which Kali thought kind of appropriate for Natalie. Amber had a pair of pj’s with purple monkeys on them. Kali looked down at her own attire. She wore a pair with silver dragons on them. She had bought them at the previous Hogsmade visit. After eating their fill the girls all sat down next to the tree.

“Yeah! Presents!” Kali and Maddi cried together.

“Who’s going to pass out?” Natalie asked.

“I will.” Amber said.

Amber jumped up, gathered up and passed out all the presents. After she was done she sat back down by Kali.

“Who’s first?” asked Maddi eyeing her presents.

“Kali should. She did all the planning for this.” Amber pointed out.

“I’m with Amber.” Natalie said.

Maddi nodded.

Kali smiled. “Fine with me.”

She grabbed one of her gifts and looked at the tag.

To: Kali, My Marauder Angel
From: Mom

“It’s from my mom!” Exclaimed Kali as she started ripping the paper off.

Once all the paper was off there sat a brand new broom making kit! Her name was engraved on the box even.

“Cool!” Amber and Natalie said.

Kali put it aside her eyes shining for she already had plans to use her new kit. She ended up getting chocolate frogs from Shawndee, books on Potions from Andrew (“Figures” she told them), a hat from Maddi, and new prank stuff from Amber.

“Didn’t you get her anything Mad Genius?” asked Amber.

“Yes, but I got us all matching gifts, so I want us to open them all at the same time.

“Oh.”

“I’M NEXT!” Maddi cried.

“Yes, Star Cadet you are.

Maddi dove into her presents and grabbed Amber’s out. Maddi got a Stargate shirt from Amber and a pack of socks with the Stargate symbol on them from Kali.

“You like Stargate way too much.” Commented Amber.

“WHAT’D YA SAY ABOUT MY FANDOM” Maddi said spazing out.

Amber quickly jumped behind Natalie. “Nothing.”

Maddi quickly calmed down. “Good.”

Now it was Natalie’s turn to open her presents. She ended up with a new pair of dragon hid gloves from Maddi (she really needed them), some books from Amber, and …

“This is Veritaserum. How did you get it?” Natalie asked Kali.

“We had a good supply at home so I nicked some before I left. Thought you could have a little fun with it.” Kali said smirking.

Natalie smiled back. “I’ll think of something. Now it’s time to give you guys my presents.”

Natalie handed each of them identical boxes wrapped in green paper. They tore them open and inside were lovely gold bracelets! They each had two diamonds.

“They even have our nicknames carved in to them!” Amber exclaimed as she read Exiled Serpent on hers.

Natalie pulled hers from her pocket

“How could you afford these? They’re pure gold and have diamonds in them.”

“My mom owns a jewelry store. These didn’t cost me a thing. And if you look inside it reads our motto too. “

And so it did. On the inside of the bracelet it read “Once a Marauder, Always a Marauder.”

“This is do cool! I love them!” Kali said.

“So do we.” Amber and Maddi said at one time.

That night Kali found herself once again in the Room of Requirements. This time it was to meet a certain blonde haired boy. She sat on the couch sipping hot cocoa as she waited. Her new bracelet shining in the firelight every so often. She heard Draco walk in and close the door.

“Hi Draco. Merry Christmas.”

“Merry Christmas Kali.” He replied as he sat beside her.

She handed him a large box.

“What’s this?”

“Your Christmas present duh.”

His eyes lit up. “You got me something?!”

He hadn’t expected this.

“Uh Yeah. Now open it.”

He quickly had it opened and was admiring the new broom.

“Wow…how did you get this? It’s not for sale to the common witch or wizard yet?”

For in his hand he held the newest racing broom to hit the market, the Pegus Wind! The same broom Kali herself had designed earlier in the year.

“I designed it. So I have access to them.”

Draco stared at her in wonder. “You did!?”

“Yeah, but don’t tell anyone, or tell anyone where you got it. Or I can easily uncharm it.”

“No problem there! I’m not telling.” He said still staring at the broom.

I don’t believe she did this. But she’s proven to be remarkable in everything else though. I feel bad not having anything for her. You’re in the Room of Requirements stupid. Draco mentally slapped himself. He could just think up a gift and it would appear. But what would a girl like her want? His eyes traveled down to her wrist were her bracelet glowed in the firelight. That’s it! He put his hand behind his back and thought about what he wanted. He felt it appear in his hand.

“I have a present for you too.”

“Really?” Kali said surprised.

“Yeah here.” He held out his hand.

In it was a fine chained golden heart shaped locket. It had her name on it as well.

“Oh wow it’s gorgeous.” Said Kali taking it from him, “Thank you and it goes with the bracelet Natalie gave me!”

“Glad you like It.” he said a smirk on his face.

As she put the necklace on, he notice a smile was plastered on her face. I guess she really is happy.

“I’m starving let’s eat some of those good looking cookies.” She said jumping up.

“Never had them before.” Draco said as he looked over at them.

“Try them. You’ll love them I’m sure.”

And of course he did. As they ate and talked Draco suddenly noticed a decoration that was hanging right above them. It was a green leafy decoration with a bow.

“What’s that?” Draco asked playing dumb.

Kali looked up and gasped. Draco watched Kali go pale as she looked at the green decoration.

“What’s wrong?” he asked continuing to play dumb.

“That’s mistletoe. Muggles put it up and when two people are caught under it they’re supposed to kiss.” She explained.

Draco smirked, “Really.”

Draco was enjoying this. A nod was all he got as an answer for Kali couldn’t find her voice any longer. Would Draco want to follow a muggle custom? Would he make her kiss him?

“Well? Aren’t you going to kiss me?” Draco asked the smirk still on his face.

Kali swallowed then stepped toward him. I don’t want to do this. Oh yes you do a voice said in the back of her mind. She meant it only to be a quick little kiss, but when she lightly touched her lips to his, his arms came around her and pulled her to him. One hand held her so she couldn’t pull back from him as he started kissing her back. But he didn’t have too, because the minute he had started kissing back Kali was lost.

She forgot that he was off limits to her because his father was a Death Eater and her mother fought them. She forgot about the possibility that he may be a Death Eater. All she knew right then was how she felt. Her arms wrapped around his neck. Kali’s head was spinning. She had tried to deny it but it wasn’t going to work anymore. She loved Draco and that’s all there was to it.

Draco felt like he never wanted to let go of the girl he now had a hold of. He’d never intended to fall in love with her, but somehow it’d happened. He knew that this was going to cause problems, but he couldn’t help it. Draco’s was no longer holding her prisoner so Kali pulled back. She looked up at him her grayish-green eyes showing her shock at what she’d just done. Her breathing was uneven. She pushed away from him, turned and made a bee-line for the door. She had to get away from him. He grabbed her arm to stop her from leaving.

“Kali…”

“Draco you know this can’t happen.” said Kali not looking at him, “My mother and your parents would never understand.”

“Who cares about them? They don’t need to know.”

Kali looked up at him. He was right; her mother didn’t have to know about her relationship with Draco. She didn’t so far. Draco saw the look on her face and knew he hadn’t convinced her.

“Look I don’t care about my parents. You care about your mom though so we can make her understand. Tell her I’m not like my father. You know I’m not.”

“Yes, I know but my mother can be a very stubborn woman at times.”

“Let’s keep this our secret till schools out then we can go together to the Underground and make her see.”

Kali looked up into his eyes searching them to see if he told the truth. Was it worth the possibility of losing her mother’s respect? She closed her eyes then reopened them.

“Okay, but no one is to know until then but us.”

He pulled her into another kiss.

“Okay.” He said against her lips.