‹ Prequel: The Marauder Princess
Status: finished

Heirs of the Marauders

Chapter 7: Devi's Fun and Sneekin' Around

Devi sat waiting for the blonde haired boy to come out of the Great Hall. He smiled to himself. He loved going on these little missions as his mistress Kali called them. Today his mission was to make the ferret boy Draco as miserable as possible. He was glad that Kali was starting to act like herself again. After getting a letter back from Emily that is.

Kali still hadn’t told him about what had happened that night which made Devi very uneasy. If she wasn’t going to tell him about that what else was she going to keep from him? This thought was forgotten as Draco walked out of the Great Hall with his two gorilla friends. Devi dove down and landed Draco’s book bag. The other two noticed and looked at him in horror.

“What’s the matter with you two?” Draco asked.

The two of them pointed at him and Devi just grinned. Draco turned his head to see him there and his eyes widened as he look at him.

“Hello Ferret Boy.” Devi said.

Draco swallowed. “What do you want?”

Devi grinned and took off into the rafters. Draco looked at him as if he had gone crazy then turned from him and headed down the hall. Devi let Draco get down the hall a little way then took off and at full speed dove in between his legs. As he went through Devi made sure to trip him with his tail. Draco hit the hard stone ground with a huge thud. At first he was stunned but quickly recovered.

“You little pest!” Draco yelled at him shaking a fist.

Devi chuckled. Draco got up off the floor and brushed himself off. He then picked up his bag and he headed down the hall again only to be knocked down once more. Draco glared at him. *I’m going to kill that rat!* he declared to himself. He jumped up grabbed his bag once more and started down the hall. But this time he was ready, that stupid flying rat wasn’t going to get him this time. He waited and waited but this time he wasn’t attacked. Draco smirked. The little rat must have gotten tired of bothering him. But boy was he wrong!

When it came time for Transfiguration class he had to fight the little rat to get his wand back! Somehow he had managed to get it from his pocket. After that at lunch Draco had a glass of Pumpkin Juice dropped on his head. Then during Potions class he got a nasty shock when his potion exploded in his face thanks to Devi dropping in an extra ingredient. He looked over to see Potter, Weasley and Granger laughing their heads off. Snape was very unhappy but didn’t give him another detention thank goodness. Could this day get any worse Draco thought to himself as he walked out of the Potions classroom. Little did he know they were thanks to a certain fun-loving, fang-toothed girl.

Kali was having a blast as she walked from class to class. She had decided that she had yet to play pranks on her new classmates so it was time to introduce them to the real Kali Hittlet! She walked past a couple of unsuspecting second years. She had her wand in her hand. She pointed it backward toward their backpacks.

“Diffindo.” She whispered.

She heard the contents of the bags hit the floor, as the bags were ripped open. Kali giggled as she heard their outraged cries. *I am so loving this. I wonder how Devi is doing at annoying Malfoy?* she thought to herself. She knew it was going fairly well because she had seen Devi drop the glass of Pumpkin Juice on Draco’s head. She continued down the hall and every so often she would pick out some unsuspecting person and…

“Diffindo.”

And their stuff would go crashing to the floor. One time this one Sltherin girl’s stuff fell all the way down a flight of stairs hitting people in the head.

“Kali you know you’re going to get caught don’t you.” Ginny said to her.

“Aw come on Ginny. Live a little.” She said as she ripped yet another second year’s bag.
Ginny just shook her head and walked headed of her. As they went around the next corner Kali was met by Devi!

“Devi! Hey buddy how’s your day of mischief going?”

“Good. Come see what I did to Ferret Boy.” Devi said puffing out his chest.

Kali laughed at seeing Draco. His hair and clothes were all messed up. His face blackened by smoke.

“You blew up his potion on him huh?”

“Yep.”

“It’s my turn now.” She said pulling out her wand, “Diffindo.”

All the students began laughing because Kali had used the Diffindo spell to cut his belt. Kali laughed with the others. She never would have guessed that Mr. Big Bad Malfoy would wear boxers with cute little snakes on them! Devi laughed with her. Draco’s eyes found her and he glared at her. She just smiled at him sweetly and blew him a kiss. She saw the anger in Draco’s eyes as he stomped off to fix his belt. Suddenly Harry, Ron, and Hermonie appeared out of the crowed.

“That was great! Way to embarrass him Kali!” Harry said his green eyes sparkling.

“What are you doing down here anyway?” Hermonie asked.

“I came down to walk with you guys back to the Tower.” Kali said getting the feeling that Hermonie was not happy to see her.

They headed up with Hermonie leading the way. Harry, Ron, and herself talking about what Devi had done to Draco during classes that day. When they got to the Tower they went and sat at a table and started working at their homework. After about an hour Kali became board of doing homework. A thought came to her suddenly why don’t I go see what the Slytheirn Common Room is like? I could visit Amber at the same time!

“Harry can I barrow your invisibility cloak.” She whispered to him.

“Why?”

“I want to go see someone from another house but I don’t want to get caught.”

“Sure.”

Harry went and got her the cloak. He handed it to her and she said good-bye to them. She made her way out the porthole, down the Grand Staircase. Her feet didn’t make a sound seen as she put a silencing charm on them. Once at the bottom of the Grand Staircase she tuned and started down into the dungeons. She shivered as she went farther down. It was cold down here in the dungeons after dark. She went down the hall toward the stonewall that let you into the Slytherin Common room. Now the only problem was she didn’t know the password. Suddenly she had to dart quickly to the side as two Slytherins came down the hall. They went up to the wall and said the password which was…

“Parselmouth”

They went on in leaving Kali alone in the hall. Cool password Kali thought. She herself now walked up to the wall and said the password.

“Parselmouth”

It swung forward and allowed her in. She looked around the Slytherin common room and found it to be quite a lot like the Gryffindor one only the furniture was a different color. Kali smiled when she saw that Amber was sitting right down here in the common room. But two older students were picking on her. Time to have a bit of fun! She made her way over to them.

“Leave me alone!” Amber yelled at the two girls.

“Why we’re having too much fun.”

Kali tapped the one on the shoulder. She turned around and looked around her to see who had tapped her. She furrowed her brows in confusion. Kali covered her mouth to muffle her laugh. She then smacked the back of the girl’s head.

“What the hell!” She said spinning around to face Kali even though she couldn’t see her.

Kali then stomped on her foot as hard as she could.

“OW!” the girl screamed grabbing hold of her foot.

The two girls were now looking really scarred. Now for the final touch! Kali pulled the cloak off just her head.

“AHHHH! A FLOATING HEAD!” the girls screamed and ran away.

Amber was just staring at her in amazement. “K...K...Kali!” she stammered.

“Hi ya.”

Kali went over and sat down covering her head back up. Amber stared at the spot she had disappeared again. Amber was still stunned to see Kali in the Slytherin Common Room. And just her head floating there at that!

“Can we go somewhere and talk.” Kali asked, “And where I can’t be seen.”

Amber nodded and led Kali up the girl’s dorm stairs. They went into the fifth year girl’s room. Amber locked the door and Kali threw the cloak off smiling broadly. Amber still to shocked to speak just stared at her.

“What? You act as if you’ve never seen me before.”

“How did you get in here?” Amber asked finally finding her voice.

“I was under this invisibility cloak and heard a couple of your dorky housemates say the password and decided to come and see you.” Kali said amused by Amber’s
confusion, “and in the process scared the heck out of those two that were picking on you.”

“Yeah. Thanks for that by the way.” She said smiling broadly, “So what did you want to talk about?”

“Nothing special. Just thought you could use some real company.”

They two of them laughed and Kali sat down next to Amber and they started talking. They talked about the pranks Kali and Devi had pulled that day. Amber laughed so hard at what they had done to Draco.

“Oh I would have paid good money to have seen that!” Amber exclaimed.

“Me too had I not been the one behind it.” a grinning Kali said.

“Sometime I’ll have to give you a hand in one of your pranks.” Amber said thoughtfully.

“Ya-Ha! I have an assistant now!” Kali said happily jumping on Amber’s bed.

Amber smiled at her. Amber wasn’t one to cause trouble but if it were to annoy or embarrass Draco Malfoy she would get into trouble. He was the one that picked on her the most for being friends with the muggle-born’s. Kali began looking around the room to see what the Slytherin dorms were like. It was much like the Gryfffindor ones except the curtains were green. Kali noticed a picture lying on Amber’s bedside. She moved to get a closer look, when Amber noticed she quickly stepped between her and the picture then said…

“Kali you better go it’s almost 11:00.”

“Yeah I better. Hermonie is going to get mad at me for being out this late.”

Kali got up and threw the cloak over herself. Kali was still curious about the picture and why Amber didn’t want her to see it; she would have to ask Amber later about it.

“Amber I need you to walk down in front of me. That way I can’t get caught.”

“Okay.”

Amber got up and walked down the stairs with and invisible Kali behind her. As they walked down Kali noticed once again that Amber wore that dog shaped pendent. Why does she ware that?

“Bye.” Kali whispered to her as they got to the bottom of the stairs.

Amber just nodded not wanting to look crazy too. Kali went over and snuck out the porthole. As she headed back up the stairs she decided to have a bit of fun with a Prefect from Ravenclaw. She yanked on the Prefects hair, which made the Prefect jump and start looking around nervously. She then started on back up the stairs and on up to the tower.

“Bat Wing” she said to the Fat Lady.

The Fat Lady swung forward allowing her to get in. She noticed that Harry was still sitting up. He was sitting in one of the comfy armchairs facing the fire. She pulled off the cloak and walked toward him. She sat down in the chair next to him and he didn’t even seem to notice her there. He seemed so lost in thought that he wasn’t even there at Hogwarts but a million miles away. His gaze was locked on the fire, but didn’t seem to see anything. Kali was a bit worried about him. What could make someone seem this far away from where they really were?

“Uh...Harry. You okay mate?” she asked quietly trying not to scare him.

“Yeah, I’m fine I’m just thinking that’s all.” He answered slowly and unconvincingly.

“Harry you’re not very convincing.”

He looked over at her. “It’s nothing really.”

Kali still didn’t believe him but she couldn’t make him talk. “Okay. Here’s the cloak back. Thanks for letting me barrowing it.”

She handed him the cloak and headed for the stairs.

“Night Harry.”

“Night Kali. And thanks.”

Kail raised an eyebrow. “For what?”

“For not trying to make me talk. Ron and Hermonie always try and make me talk when I don’t want to.”

Kali smiled and said, “No problem Harry. If you do need someone to talk to you know where to find me?”

He nodded and smiled at her. She smiled back, then turned and went up to her room. Harry turned to stare back into the fire. He had been thinking of Sirius when Kali had come back in. He missed Sirius a lot. Ron and Hermonie had tried to get him to talk about it but he didn’t want to talk about it with anyone. He was glad that Kali hadn’t pushed him to talk. Kali’s a great girl Harry thought to himself.

He smiled just maybe he could become more than just friends with Kali! She was fun to be around, pretty, and she was a Marauder’s child too! It would be prefect. But what did he have to offer someone like Kali? Nothing… Harry thought sadly. He got up and headed up to his dorm. His head was hung as he trotted up the stairs. It seemed where girls came into the picture he had the worst luck. Things hadn’t worked out with Cho and now with Kali he was sure he would fail too. And he sure didn’t want to lose her as a friend so he was just going to forget what he had been thinking about tonight.

He changed into his pj’s and climbed into bed. He lay there for a while just looking at the ceiling until he finally fell asleep. Hoping he really could forget about wanting Kali for more than a friend.