Status: Welcome to My World!!!

I'm a User... You're My Drug

Chapter One: New Beginning

It was a stormy night in Gotham City and I was already running late for work. I didn't want to have to want to walk to work in this even though it was only three blocks away. I couldn't risk looking like a drown rat and only a week into my new job. I was throwing on a tank top when I heard a knock at the door. That must be the new nanny I hired. I ran to answer the door before my 5 year old tried to.

"Hello!" I said cheerfully as I swung open the door. I had hired an older lady, in her 60' because I knew how young babysitters are and I didn't trust them especially in this new city.

"Hello Miss Van Tassel, I'm Mrs. Grady, but you can just call me Gertrude. I'm the new nanny." She was just so sweet and her voice sounded like it was coated in sugar.

"So nice to meet you Gertrude. Please come in, and you can just call me Rhiannon. This here is my little boy, Pheonix." I said as she walked in.

"Hello Pheonix, I am Gertrude. You can call me Gert, if my name is too hard for you to say. We are going to have so much fun."

"I'm so sorry to run like this, but I'm running late for work." I said grabbing my coat.

"Oh no, that's fine deary. Be careful, Miss. The Joker's men have been spotted around these parts lately."

"The who?" I asked confused.

"The Joker. He is a very evil man. Don't worry though, The Batman will get him."

"Um ok? I will be sure to be very careful." I threw my coat on and gave my son a hug and a kiss as I walked out the door. I had been living in this city a little over a week now and this is the first that I've heard of any of these characters. Maybe the lady was crazy. Hm.

I made it to work just a minute after 9pm so I wasn't entirely late, but I was drenched. Taxi's are few and far between on this side of town. I walked back to the dressing room and saw all the girls picking out their outfits for the night.

"Hey, Trixy." I said as I walked past my new found friend.

"Hey there, Cherry. You look like a drowned rat." She said, using my stage name.

"Yeah, I had to walk tonight. There wasn't any taxi's out." I frowned.

"Taxi's have been scarce on this side of town since Joker's henchmen have been running around." That name again.

"Who the hell is this Joker guy I keep hearing about?" I asked and all the girls stopped what they were doing and gasped, looking over at me. "What?" I questioned.

"You don't know who the Joker is?" Trixy asked.

"No, I'm the new girl, remember?" I said.

"He's only the single most scariest criminal in all of Gotham." Acey said walking up to me and Trixy. Acey was one of the girls. She was a small blonde girl with a tiny little girl voice.

"He will kill anyone that crosses his path. You really shouldn't walk home tonight. Let me take you home after work girl. You got a little boy to think about. If you get caught out walking, he might kill you. He's a psycho." Trixy explained.

"Ok, so what's this guy look like?" I asked.

"Like this." Trixy walked me over to a billboard with a wanted poster.

"So he's a tatted up clown guy?" I said unimpressed.

"Don't take this so lightly, Rhiannon. He will kill you if you aren't careful."

"Ok, ok. Fine. I will proceed with caution from now on." I said to get her off my back.

"Ok good. Now come here and let me pick out your outfit." She led me over the costumes. She picked out a sparkly red corset and sparkly black booty shorts to go with it. She then handed me a pair of big leather chunk high healed boots. I put it all on and done my make up in the mirror to match my outfit. My hair was also black with bright red streaks, that's probably why she picked this outfit for me.

"You know, Trixy, you're a true genius." I smiled and turned around to look at her.

"So beautiful, girl!" She squealed and hugged me. Her and I then went down to the bar until it was our time to go on stage and dance.

We were all laughing and having a good time when the doors banged open. We looked over to see the man from the wanted poster. The Joker. Everyone in the club became silent and most hit the floor or put their hands up, already knowing what to do. Trixy and I hurried and ran backstage to warn the others. We all peaked from behind the stage carefully. We then saw our boss and the owner of the club walk up to the Joker.

"Good little boys and girls." Joker said looking around at everyone.

"We don't want no trouble here Joker." He said putting his hands up.

"Oh there won't be no trouble, Ross. I just came for the cheap entertainment like everyone else in your sleezy little club." Joker laughed.

"My girls are scared of ya, Joker. They'd be scared to dance for you." Ross said trying to stick up for us.

"Now that just hurt my feelings, Ross. And hurting my feelings, well that's gonna get ya hurt fat boy!" Joker shouted and pointed his gun.

"No wait!" I shouted and he stopped and looked over at me.

"Oh so you want to die first little girl?" Joker looked pissed that I had interrupted what he was doing.

"Don't Cherry. You go back there and hide." Ross said.

"No, I will dance for you if that's what you want. Just please leave the rest of these people alone." I said boldly.

"Well now we're talkin! That's all I wanted. Lucky for all of you, I'm feeling generous tonight. You may all now resume your lives. You little girl, go get ready for the show." Joker smiled and went to sit down in the front row. I saw Ross walk backstage and I followed.

"What are you thinking, Cherry! He will kill you as soon as you get done. He is not a nice man, he won't spare any of us. He's just toying with us." Ross whisper shouted at me.

"I had to or he was going to kill you, I'm just buying us time." I said.

"Alright well, let's not keep the man waiting. He might get pissed." Ross ran over to the DJ to put on a good song for me to dance to.

"Aren't you scared?" Trixy asked.

"Yes, I'm scared out of my wits, but I had to do something." I said frantically.

"Alright, you're up Cherry. Acey, I want you to be Joker's personal waitress. You bring him whatever the fuck he wants!" Acey nodded and ran out to get Joker's order. I looked out and he ordered bourbon on the rocks.

The music began and I slowly strutted out to the floor. I knew what I was doing though. I was in gymnastics in high school. The song Ross picked out was 'You Don't Own Me' by Grace. How fitting. I done my best moves for him, climbing the pole and sliding down it upside down. I then shed my top and threw it at him and he grinned. I got down on all fours and crawled toward him seductively. I looked straight into his eyes unafraid. He leaned closer to me and was inches from my face. He then slipped money into my underwear. I was happy he didn't do what I thought he was going to. When the song ended I got up and ran backstage.

"Oh my gosh, girl you done great!" Trixy said and all the girls cheered. Ross then came back there and shielded his eyes. I had forgot that I threw my top at Joker. Trixy hurried and handed me a tank top that I quickly put on.

"All clear Ross." I giggled.

"Ok, good. So girls we need to have a meeting at the bar. Joker wants us all out there. He's forcing us to close up early tonight to have this meeting." We all got concerned looks on our faces. Oh great. We all followed Ross out to the bar where Joker was. He was standing behind the bar drinking. He had shed his coat and was wearing a burgundy long sleeve dress shirt and a gun holster with two guns in it. We all stood there waiting.

"Sit down." He commanded and we all sat on the bar stools.

"As you all know, this place is well, a dump. So I have a proposition. Ross, I want to buy your club. $50,000 in cash right now." He sat a brief case on the bar and opened it revealing the money.

"That's nice, but what about me and my girls?" Ross asked.

"You can have co-ownership and run things when I'm not around. I plan to make improvements to this place. The girls can stay working here and any money they make, they keep. Any money made from bar sales, you keep." Joker explained.

"What's in this for you if we keep all the money?" Ross questioned.

"I get to own the finest club on this side of Gotham and I have a new hideout. Well, I guess it wouldn't be so much a hideout as a hang out. The choice is yours."

"What's the catch, buddy." Ross wasn't buying it and neither was I.

"Ok, fine. Ya got me. I want a little date with this one." He said, caressing my cheek. I shuddered.

"You want a date with, Cherry??" Ross said confused.

"Yes, Ross. I am looking for a new queen for my kingdom." He smiled at me.

"Um, I'm not selling any of my girls. It's all up to her if she wants to go on a date with you. You do realize that she's only 22 though?" Ross said, acting like a father figure.

"I'm not that old, Rossy boy." Joker said irritated that Ross insinuated that he was old. I accidentally let a giggle slip out and quickly covered my mouth with my hand. I knew I was in trouble.

"You find that funny?" Joker asked, he was mad now. God this guy has major mood swings.

"I didn't meant it that way, sir." I said trying to look anywhere but at him. He then grabbed my chin with his gloved hand and looked into my eyes. I'm sure I looked terrified. He then began laughing hysterically. Like I said, mood swings.

"You're just so darn cute when you're scared. I love it." He still laughed and then stopped abruptly and looked at me. "So what'll it be, dollface?" He asked. I did have to admit, he had a super sexy voice.

"You do what you feel is best, Cherry. You have to do what's best for you." Ross said laying his hand on my shoulder like a father. Joker saw that and didn't like it too well. Weirdo.

"Ok, I'll do it. I'll go on the date with you." I agreed.

"Good. We don't have a deal until after the date though." He said to Ross.

"I understand." Ross said.

"You're all dismissed." Joker said. I walked backstage to get dressed and prepared for the walk home. Trixy was so scared that when Joker dismissed us she grabbed her purse and flew out the door, leaving me to walk home. I said my goodbyes and walked outside. It was still pouring and I knew makeup would get into my eyes so I tried to shield them. I only got about ten feet down the road when a fancy purple car pulled up beside me. I looked over to see Joker putting the window down.

"Let me take you home." He offered.

"No, that's alright. It's only a few blocks. Thanks." I said and took a few more steps.

"Well, I guess if you won't go with me willingly," he got out of the care and walked over to me. "I'll have to force ya." He finished as he threw me over his shoulder. I didn't even have time to respond before I was in his car. He then got in and looked over at me.

"You know this is considered kidnapping right?" I said.

"Not if I'm taking you home." He grinned, revealing his grills. "Where's your coat?"

"I left it back at the club. I was in a hurry, I need to get home."

"Well then here." He took off the silver coat he was wearing and put it around me.

"You know, you're not who I thought you were." I said as he pulled away from the curb.

"Oh yes, dear. I am everything you think I am, only worse." He said menacingly.

"I believe you, but I also believe there's some good in you." I said.

"What are you saying, girl?" He asked.

"It's nothing. My apartment building is up here to the right." I said pointing to the dumpy building.

"You live in this shit hole??" He asked with a disgusted look on his face.

"Well, it isn't much, but it's home for now." I smiled.

"I don't want you living here." He said.

"Well that's just the way it is for now, Joker." I said. "I do have a name by the way and it's not 'girl'." I said in reference to him always calling me girl.

"What is it then?" He asked.

"It's Rhiannon."

"Well Rhiannon, I will come and pick you up tomorrow night at 7pm. Wear something dressy." He commanded.

"And what do you think a girl like me has that is even considered dressy by your standards?"

"You're right. I'll take care of it, beautiful." He said with a kind of dreamy look on his face.  "Before you know it, I'll be taking care of you. You'll be deeply in love with me and you'll be my queen." Still with that look, only now he was just inches from my face.

"You're an awfully confident clown, Joker." I said trying not to get lost in his gaze. He then put his hand on my face and I quickly snapped out of it. "I have to go now. I'll see you tomorrow." I said and quickly jumped out of his car and ran up to my apartment building and went in. I went upstairs and went inside the apartment. Gert and Phoenix were passed out in the recliner. I quietly went to the bathroom and took a shower and slipped into my silk gown. I went into my room and laid down and quickly slipped into a deep slumber filled with dreams about Joker....
♠ ♠ ♠
So I'm sorry if this doesn't necessarily seem like the type of guy Joker is, but I'm trying my best with what I got. Plus he's supposed to be kind of a softie with her. Keep reading to find out what happens next. :)