Status: Welcome to My World!!!

I'm a User... You're My Drug

Chapter Two: Date Night

I woke up the next morning at 6am. Only 3 hours of sleep. Great. I shuffled over to my vanity and examined the dark circles under my eyes. In the mirror I saw something sparkly behind me. I switched on the light and walked over to the end of my bed. Laying there, was a bright red sparkly sleeveless dress with a slit up the side and beside it was a pair of black sparkly pumps. Both the dress and shoes were the right size. Weird. Sitting on the dress was a card. I opened it and read it.

"See you tonight, doll." -Joker

I was a little worried at this point. He found a way into my apartment somehow without me even knowing he was here. I shrugged it off and went to wake my son up for school. When I got into the living room, I saw that Gert had already got him ready and fixed breakfast, too.

"Wow, Gert, you really didn't have to do all this. I figured you would have already left." I said surprised.

"Oh well I don't mind, Miss. You worked late and I just thought you could sleep in. Besides, I don't have anything that I would rather be doing. I don't get to see my grandkids, so this makes up for that." She said sweetly, but it made me sad.

"Can I ask why?" 

"All of my kids moved as far away from Gotham as possible. One is in California working as a record producer and I have two in Tennessee working with country music stars. They all have a love of music because of their father. Anyways, enough about that." She then continued to serve up breakfast, even making me a plate of food as well.

"You're truly kind, Gertrude." I said sincerely. I finished my breakfast and so did Pheonix. I then threw on some clothes and walked him to the bus stop. I got him onto the bus and began walking back to the apartment building when out of the corner of my eye I caught a glimpse of a familiar purple car. 'What the hell is he doing around here' I thought to myself. I brushed it off and kept walking. I felt like he was stalking me. I got to the apartment building and made my way up to the apartment.

"Hey Gert, you're still here?" I asked.

"Sorry Miss, I was only cleaning up a little before I leave." She explained.

"That's ok. Thank you so much for everything. Um is there any way you can watch Pheonix tonight for a few hours?" I asked.

"Why of course, my dear. What time should I be here?"

"Um 6:45pm if that's alright?"

"Yes ma'am. I will be here."

"How do you get here, anyways?" I asked.

"Oh I take the bus. I have my own car, but I won't drive it in this part of town. It's a classic and I couldn't risk having it stolen." She explained.

"Where do you live anyways?"

"I live over on the more high class part of the city. Near Bruce Wayne."

"If you're rich, then why do you do this job?" 

"Like I said before, it gives me great pleasure to be a nanny since I don't see my own grandkids."

"You're so sweet." I said and handed her the money that I owed her.

"No, I won't take your money. I have enough money to last a lifetime. Now I better go. I will see you tonight Miss Van Tassel." She said and walked out the door. She was just too sweet.

I then walked into my room to admire the dress that Joker had left. I still didn't know how he got in and why he wanted me so bad. I then went over to my computer desk and began to write a new song. I loved writing songs, but I knew they would never go anywhere. It didn't hurt to write them anyways. After writing the song, I made my way over to my bed to take a nap before I had to get Pheonix off the bus. I set my alarm of 2pm. While I was sleeping, I kept dreaming.

I was sitting at a bay window looking out at the city. I looked around and I was in a very fancy house. I stood up and felt two arms wrap around me and when I looked down I saw tattooed hands wrapped around a very pregnant belly. 'What?' Confused, I looked over my shoulder to reveal Joker standing behind me, his face burried in my hair. I turned around and he looked into my eyes. 'I love you.' He mouthed, but there were no words.

"BEEPPPP BEEPPPP BEEPPP" I woke up startled by my alarm and immediately felt my stomach. Nothing. Ok good. I was still trying to wake up. I walked over to the vanity and put on some lotion. I then slipped on a pair of shoes and walked to the bus stop to pick my son up.

+Later that Night+

I had just finished my make up and it was already 6:30pm. I quickly done my hair and slipped the dress on. It fit perfectly like a glove as did the shoes. I looked in the mirror and admired myself. I had to admit he had great taste in clothes. 

Hair and make up ^^

I heard a knock at the door and quickly went to answer it. There was Gertrude, right on time.

"Miss Van Tassel, you look extraordinary!" She said as she came in.

"You can call me Rhiannon, Gert, and thank you so much. I have a date, so he bought me these fancy clothes." I giggled.

"He must be a very good man then." She smiled. If only she knew the truth.

"Well, it's 7 now, so I better get going. I shouldn't be out too long. Thank you so much." I said and hugged her.

"You're so very welcome dear. Have a good time." She said and I hugged my son and told him goodnight.

"I love you Pheonix." I said.

"I love you too, Mommy." He said hugging my leg. I then walked out of the apartment and then out of the building. Right on time, Joker was there waiting. He looked great in a tux. He was leaning against his car with the passenger side facing us.

"Well, don't you look stunning." He said grabbing my hand and kissing it. "I knew that dress would look perfect on you." He continued.

"Thank you. You look good, too. So, how did you get into my apartment anyways?" I asked and he laughed.

"A good clown never reveals his secrets. Or was that a magician? Who cares!" He laughed manically. He then opened the door for me to the car and shut it when I got in. He then walked around and got in on the other side.

"Ok, so where are we going?" I asked.

"You'll see, doll." He said starting up the car. It was about a 20 minute drive, but it felt like hours because of the silence. I felt so awkward and he kept looking over at me. We finally reached our destination and it was some fancy restaurant. Great. He drove up to the valet and got out and quickly walked over to my side and opened my door. He held out his hand, helping me out of the car. He then handed the keys to the valet. We walked inside arm in arm and everyone froze. Man, this guy must really strike fear into the masses.

"Table for two." He said to the waiter. 

"Where exactly would you like to sit Mister Joker, sir." The young host was shaking.

"Back booth." Joker said. We walked through the restaurant and everyone was silent probably waiting on him to shoot someone. We were seated and handed menus. I looked over it only seeing all the high prices on this shit. 

"Um, why couldn't we go someplace cheaper?" I asked looking over at him.

"Ha ha. Now why would I take you someplace cheap? Baby, I am made of money. Get what you want." I hated anyone to really take me out, let alone pay for something so expensive. The waiter came over then to take our orders.

"You first, babe." He looked over at me. I don't know why he keeps calling me that. We aren't together and I'd never be with someone so maniacal. 

"Water and a small salad will be fine." The waiter started to write it down.

"No, get her a glass of your best wine. Actually, just bring the whole bottle. I'll take bourbon on the rocks and steak, rare. That'll be it." Joker handed him the menus.

"Why did you order me wine? I just wanted water." I said.

"You wanted water because it's free. I want you to have the best of everything." He said looking at me and placing his hand over mine. He was wearing white gloves and I had just realized that I had never seen his hands without gloves except in my dream.

"Can I see your hands?" I asked and he looked at me confused, but he took the gloves off. The same hands from my dream. I was scared now. I tried to hide it.

"What? What's wrong?" He asked.

"Oh nothing. Just had a weird dream is all." I said.

"Awe babe, you're already dreaming about me. I'm touched." He said sarcastically. 

"So, why me?" I asked.

"Because the moment I saw you last night when you stood up to me, I swear I fell in love. Love at first sight you could say. I want you and I want to know every little thing about you." I was kind of shocked but at the same time I was happy. It was a weird feeling.

"What do you want to know about me?" I asked.

"Everything. Down to the smallest detail."

"Well I know you have to already know some stuff about me since you were in my room last night." I said. Just then the waiter brought our food and drinks. The waiter poured my drink then asked if we needed anything else and Joker waved him off and he walked away.

"Yes, I was in your room and I found out a few things. Dress size. Shoe size. Simple stuff like that." He grinned at me and I knew he was holding back.

"You know more than you're letting on." I said taking a sip of the wine. It tasted like heaven.

"Oh darn, ya got me princess." He laughed.

"Ok, so what do you know?" I pushed.

"Why do you care so much?" He questioned, still smiling.

"Because, I just want to know." I said beginning to become aggravated.

"You're cute when you're mad." He teased.

"Joker, you're a real piece of work." I said.

"That's what they say. So, why Gotham of all places?" He asked.

"Um, no you don't get to ask the questions until you answer mine." I said sternly.

"You got a fire in ya and I really like it." He said scooting closer to me.

"Damn it Joker." I said frustrated.

"Fine, you win. I know about the kid." He said. I felt like my world shattered. Did I really want this crazy clown knowing about my baby? I felt tears in my eyes and I looked away from him. 

"What's wrong?" He asked taking my face in his hand, making me look at him. I didn't say anything though. "I get it, babe, you're afraid that I'm gonna hurt the kid. Well, I promise you one thing. I'll never hurt your child. I don't hurt kids." I looked into his eyes and I knew he was telling the truth.

"I believe you." I said. We sat there for a few minutes in silence. I drank my wine and picked at the salad. $12 for a measly little salad that I could have made at home. I sighed and he looked over at me.

"You're bored, I know. I'm sorry." He said.

"How old are you?" I said looking over at him.

"Why do you want to know?" He asked.

"You know how old I am and you know where I live and about my son. You know more about me than I know about you. I want to get to know you. If you're planning on sweeping me off my feet." I smiled and so did he.

"Ok, I'm 30 years old." He answered.

"What's your real name?" I asked. He looked over at me and he looked sinister.

"I don't remember my name. I'm so far gone, it's hard to say." In a way I didn't really believe him, but I let it go.

"So why are you buying the club?" I asked.

"I already told you last night at the meeting." He answered.

"No, there has to be more to it than that." I pressed.

"Got me again. You're good. I wasn't going to, until I saw you. I don't like other men looking at you. This way, I can watch you and make sure nobody lays a hand on you. I wish you wouldn't do it." 

"I have to work, Joker. I have to provide for my son."

"Or you could come live with me. You and the boy would be safe with me. I could take care of you." He said.

"No, I appreciate the offer, but I need to just take my time with you." He looked impatient and I could tell he wasn't used to having to wait for what he wants. We finished and he paid the bill. I took the rest of the wine with me since he paid $100 for it. The total bill was almost $200. We got the car from the valet and Joker drove a few blocks down the road then pulled over to the side of the road and shut the car off.

"What's going on?" I asked. I was kind of scared now.

"Listen, if you want to take your time, that's fine. Just please don't make me wait forever." He looked over at me with a puppy look.

"Joker, I believe that you're a great man and I would like to give you a chance, but I'm scared. I mean, are you even looking for this type of commitment? You were looking for a woman to have by your side and instead you chose a woman with a child as well. Are you really ready for that?" I asked.

"Yes, I am. Contrary to popular belief, I can and want to be a family man. My family would just be a little more fucked up than a normal family. There won't be any white picket fences and rose gardens, but I can promise you one thing, I would never let anything happen to you or your child." When he spoke he looked so sincere. He then put his hand on the back of my head and pulled me to him allowing him to kiss me. It was the single most passionate kiss that I had ever received. When he pulled away, all I could do is stare into his eyes and I had never realized before how beautiful they were. He took his hand and tucked some hair behind my ear and smiled. So, this was the soft side of the Joker that nobody has ever seen.

"Wow. That was amazing." I finally said. Something then came over me and I involuntarily grabbed him and began kissing him again. He pulled me over onto his lap and I was able to straddle him thanks to the slit in the dress. His hands roamed up and down my back and to my thighs and my bottom. I ran my fingers through his green hair. Somehow, my bottom had accidentally bumped the horn on the car and I jumped and we both began laughing. When I looked at him, his lipstick was smeared all over mixed with my lipstick as well. I finally got off of his lap and back into my seat.

"That was hot babe! Let's do it again soon!" Joker said. 

"I don't know what came over me." I said and smiled at him. 

"Whatever it was, I'm glad it did. Now, I better get you home to your son. Don't want to keep him waiting." Joker started the car and pulled away. When I finally got home he got out of the car and came over to my door and opened it. It was chilly that night, since it was becoming fall. I shivered and he took off his coat and put it on me.

"You know, by the end of this, I'm going to have a collection of your coats?" I laughed remembering that I still had his silver coat from the night before.

"Nothin wrong with that, dollface." He said and kissed my forehead. He was really romantic for a psycho.

"I'll give you the dress and shoes back and your coats tomorrow when I see you at work." I said. 

"No, you keep them. I bought the outfit for you, and the coats, well it'll be something to remind you of me." He said, like I could really forget him.

"Ok, I guess I'll see you tomorrow at work." I said, biting my lip.

"Yes, I guess you will." He put his hand under my chin, forcing me to look up at him. Even in high heels, he towered over me. He bent down for one last kiss before I went into my apartment building. I walked up the stairs to my apartment and went inside. Gertrude and Pheonix were, again, asleep in the chair. Too cute. I went in the bathroom and took a shower. I was lost in my thoughts. Going over the events of the night. Would he be a good dad and could he really love me? I mean he is pretty psychotic. I guess I'll find out...
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope that you readers have enjoyed this chapter. I know it wasn't action packed and it started slow. All good things come to those who are patient though. :)