The Hurt You Sold

Two

A couple weeks had passed and Lyla was beginning to feel a bit better after talking to Maura 5 days a week. It was as if a huge weight was being lifted off of her shoulders. She has discussed her mothers passing and the recent loss of her father. It seemed that he biggest thing holding her back was the loss of friendship and the secrets she still has holding in side of her. She didn't want to flat out tell Maura her deepest secrets until she explained everything in order as it had happened.

"Lyla, how are you today?" Maura smiled as they both took a seat.

"I'm doing ok today. I guess I should tell you, I received a letter from my old class president a few weeks back. I totally forgot about it until I cleaned my purse out this morning."

"What did it say?"

"It was an invitation to a 10 year reunion."

"I see. And how do you feel about going?"

"I'm not really sure. I mean I didn't graduate with them, so it was really weird as to why I even got an invitation. I guess I'm just really nervous."

"I see. Well when is it?"

"May 8th."

"You still have some time to think it over.

"True. I'm just worried there might be some old friends there. I mean the end of February of my Junior year is when I left and I never said goodbye or even spoke to my best friends since."

"This would be Gerard, Mikey, and Frank that you bring up?"

"Yes. I'd like to talk more about them today to you."

"I'm all ears."

.:.11 years ago.:.

"Francis what are we doing for your birthday tonight?" Lyla asked kicking rocks as they made there way back home from school.

"I don't know I mean we could just go smash pumpkins." Frank shrugged off.

Gerard and Mikey had to go visit their grandmother and aunt in New York this weekend. They had left this morning, they were pretty bummed to not be able to do anything with the group this weekend.

"Well its your birthday we can do whatever you want!"

"Why don't we just watch scary movies tonight?"

"Sounds great! I have some skeleton pajamas and I'll bring snacks."

"Ok, I'll see if my mom will get Chinese. Perks of being the birthday boy."

"Perks of being an only child spoiled ass."

"You're an only child too."

"So!!"

"Ok well come over whenever you're ready."

Lyla went inside to see a note taped to the fridge from her dad.

"Happy Halloween! I got to pull an all nighter at the plant tonight. I'm really sorry, the Iero's are expecting you for dinner. Tell Frank I said happy birthday for me. Love you and see you tomorrow."

Lyla wrote a smiley face on the note so her dad could see it when he arrived in the morning. She also added that if she wasn't home it was probably due to the food coma she endured on Franks couch. It sucked that you had to be 12 and under in order to trick or treat. Some kids never grow up.

"Lyla!" Frank greeted wearing his skeleton pjs to match mine.

"Yay! Happy birthday again! Lucky duck born on Halloween."

"Yeah that makes me so much better."

They had ordered chinese food and pigged out on other chips and candy watching the older collection of Halloween. Once Frank's parents went on to bed around midnight Frank and Lyla went to Franks room to play video games.

"Gosh I'm hungry." Lyla groaned hearing her stomach gurgle.

"There is no way."

"I pooped a while ago so I made room."

"Goodness. One day you're going to weigh 400 pounds."

"Yeah so?"

"I'm just letting you know. I don't think there's anything else to eat."

"There is always something else to eat!"

"You;re right. Oh my goodness theres cheesecake!!"

"No way!"

"Yes way it;s a dream come true!"

They sat in floor of Franks room finishing off the last half of the cheesecake. They turned on another Halloween movie which the kept pretending to be really afraid of. It was about half way in when Frank just happened to glance over and look at Lyla. As in really looking at her. He looked at her long blonde hair as it sat perfectly on her back. He watched how she would bite at her cuticles every so often. He slightly licked his lips as he watched her slowly eating the last bite of cheesecake.

"Here let me get that." He softly spoke wiping the chocolate sauce away from her cheek.

"Thanks." She smiled wiping the other side of her face with her sleeve.

For a split second there was a hint of awkwardness in their minds. They both were coming to the realization that they might have more than best friend feelings towards one another. But at the same time they didn't know how the other one felt. Frank sensed that Lyla may have some feelings for him by the way she blushed and looked away rather than pushing him or making a joke about him touching her face.

"Lyla?"

"Yes?"

"Never mind." Frank snickered looking away. "Lyla?"

"What Frank spit it out." She laughed getting annoyed. "Well are you going to say anything?"

"I, I don't have the words." He struggled, feeling a little embarrassed.

Instead of saying anything else he leaned over and kissed Lyla on her cheek.

"What was that for?" Lyla asked rather surprised that he actually kissed her.

"I just, I don't know, I just felt like I needed to."

Before she could respond he leaned in and kissed her lips. They exchanged a few soft kisses and then pulled away. They were looking for reassurance rather than a hot and heavy make out session. Without saying anything else Lyla moved over closer to him and he placed his left arm around her. They fell asleep like that a few minutes later.

Lyla woke up before Frank did the next morning so she went on home to get showered and something to eat. As soon as she got out of the shower Gerard was calling her cell phone.

"Hello?" Lyla answered.

"Lyla! I miss you. Old people smell funny." Gerard complained.

"Oh I'm sorry. When do you come back?"

"Tomorrow night. And it cannot come any faster. So what did you guys do last night?"

"Oh, uhm, not a lot. We kind of just watched movies and that's it. Gerard I really got to go!"

"Hey! That's your 'I'm avoiding telling Gerard something' tone!"

"No it's not!"

"It is, now spill!"

"I really don't even know if it means anything but Frank and I kind of kissed."

"WHAT!?? You don't know if that means anything?? Like how was it? Was it like all messy and fast or was it something out of the movies?"

"I'd say it was something out of the movies!"

"God, Frank you lucky bitch."

"Shut up. I don't know what to do. I left before he woke up and I don't know how to talk to him."

"Well did you like it?"

"I did, i was comfortable with it."

"Then girl you and him need to be a couple now!"

"It doesn't work like that."

"It sure does. Listen my Aunt found me I've got to go I'll see you Monday! You two better be holding hands!!"

.:.Present time.:.

"That was an amazing feeling." Lyla smiled still remembering.

"What's that?"

"Kissing Frank. It was the best romantic feeling I had ever had."

"I bet. He seems to have been your first love."

"He still is."
♠ ♠ ♠
kind of short i know. but I'm still getting a feel for this story.