The Hurt You Sold

Three

.:.11 years ago.:.

"Is anyone gonna say anything? Or even ask how my weekend was?" Mikey spoke breaking the awkward silent walk to school.

It was November 2nd. It really began to feel like fall, they had an extremely weird October where it stayed in the 70s but today was 46 degrees. The crew was bundled up as if they were walking through a mountain of snow. They passed numerous cars warming up, nearly choking on the smoke that came out the exhaust.

"Have I died? Am I a ghost?" Mikey began to question if anyone could hear or see him.

"Michael, shut up." Gerard sighed nudging him. His gaze was back and forth between Lyla and Frank who were trying to hide their innocent smirks.

"Have I missed something?" Mikey asked more confused than ever.

"Have we?" Gerard teased ruffling Lyla's hair.

"God." Lyla finally laughed out.

"Tell ME!!" Mikey finally dropped to the ground in front of everyone's feet in desperation.

"Tell you what?" Frank spoke pushing him over. He got over closer to Lyla and put his arm around her and winked back at Mikey.

"Oh! Wait. What?! Hang on!!" Mikey shouted finally putting two and two together.

"Oh Michael." Lyla huffed pulling him in for a side hug.

"No one tells me anything." He pouted.

"It's more fun this way." Lyla giggled pinching his cheek.

Once to school Gerard and Mikey went to their first period class to leave Frank and Lyla alone. Frank walked her over to her locker where everyone began to stare. People knew they they were a pack of 4 loners but no one knew that Lyla and Frank would ever get together as a couple.

"Oh look the freaks are fucking." Tony and his friends walked over to pick on them.

"Not today." Lyla spoke still collecting her books from her locker.

"You look at me when you speak to me."

"Or what?" Frank stepped in, rage filling his face.

"Oh look who grew a voice." Brad spoke in.

"Look seriously, this shit is getting old." Lyla laughed walking away.

"Don't turn away from me!" Tony spat grabbing her arm and swinging her back around.

"Hey!" Frank shouted violently pushing him back a ways.

Brad punched Frank in the face, so Tony jumped in and it was him and Brad against Frank. Lyla grabbed the back of Brads hair and pulled him back then hit him in the face with her backpack which knocked him on the ground. Frank got back on his feet and gained dominance over Tony, by the third punch a couple of teachers pulled them apart.

"What is going on?" Mr. Layfield asked.

"He put his hands on a female." Frank said out of breath.

"I'll take it from here." Coach Cole spoke coming over. Of course the couch would come to his star players aide.

The three boys were taken to the principals office with the Coach, Lyla was sent off to class. Lyla waited in anticipation for lunch to tell the boys what happened and to see if Frank was still in school or not.

"Have you seen Frank?" Lyla asked quickly sitting down to their usual lunch spot.

"No, but I heard he got into a fight with the dicks." Gerard explained.

"Yeah, Tony and Brad. They were fucking with us and Tony grabbed and yanked at my arm and Frank went total Kill Bill."

"No one messes with his woman!" Mikey cheered trying to lighten the mood which didn't work.

"Hey guys." Frank greeted calmly.

"Nice shiner dude." Gerard gave a thumbs up.

"What happened?" Lyla asked rather quickly.

"Well you know since its football season and all hormones are rising and the athletes are on edge. It would be just unsatisfactory to suspend them in the height of the season. Also it would be unfair to suspend the nobody kid for defending a girl so we shook hands and became besties."

"That is bull shit." Gerard groaned angrily.

"Yeah I know. I hate this fucking place."

"It'll be alright." Lyla tried to see the bright side of things.

"Yeah, they were told to stay away from us. The principal was very clear that if they started anything else they would be suspended from the team."

"Yeah they'll stay away until after the end of the month." Mikey scoffed.

"Their the only ones who give us problems. I mean their seniors they'll be gone in May and then next year will be better." Lyla smiled.

"I'm looking forward to graduation myself." Gerard sighed realizing he still had another year of school left to go.

"I wonder if Tony is like in love with Lyla or something?" Mikey asked.

"Yeah, I mean he really only bothers us when Lyla is around. Plus you said he grabbed at you." Gerard added.

"That's insane." Lyla laughed off.

Frank sat there with rage building inside of him. He wanted to beat Tony's face in. A bigger form of hate for Tony came over him while he sat silently. Lyla could see the uncomfortable look on his face as he was lost in thought. She gently grabbed his hand and gave him a reassuring smile to bring him back to reality.

After lunch, and even for the rest of the school day Lyla felt paranoid at what the guys had said. Every class she went to she felt like Tony was staring at her or planning something. Panic and anxiety began to set in as she replaced her books in her locker for her art supplies. She could hear her heart beating a mile a minute.

"Lyla." Frank spoke softly placing a hand on her shoulder, noticing her uneasiness.

She let out a gasp and quickly turned to him. "Oh hey." She smiled and exhaled a sigh of relief.

"Are you ok?" He asked a bit more concerned.

"Yes, I just don't want to be late." She half smiled before grabbing his hand and heading to their last class of the day.

Frank could tell that Lyla was in deep thought, she was very quiet and kept scanning the room and blinking. Her right hand shook as she moved her fingers around and occasionally snapping them. The lip biting came next and the staring out into space.

"Lyla." Frank whispered growing more concerned.

"What?"

"What is up with you?"

"Nothing..Just can't concentrate..I'm cool."

"Hes not going to do anything to you. We're in high school for Christ's sake." Frank tried to joke.

"Frank I said I was fine please believe me."

Along their way home from school Mikey was going on about something nerdy with his Calculus class, Gerard was eyeing Frank and Lyla's awkward body language. Everyone was a bit on edge today. Gerard and Mikey entered their house while Frank and Lyla walked a few more houses down.

"Wanna come in?" Frank asked, hoping she'd agree.

"Sure." She smiled.

"No Fuck you Linda!" It sounded like Frank Sr. was screaming at Frank's mom.

"Nevermind." Frank sighed shutting the door and leading the two of them to Lyla's house.

"Wanna talk about it?" Lyla asked confused at why his parents would be fighting. She never heard Frank's parents speak above a decent whisper.

"They've grown to hate each other. They are decent when I have you guys over but when it's just me they fight like that all the time. I think their gonna split soon. Just not sure as to who would leave."

"Frank I'm so sorry. I had no idea." Lyla apologized with soft eyes. She scooted over in the computer chair to be in front of him at the edge of the bed. "Let's not ever fight like that."

"I know I don't want to." He smiled grabbing her hands and kissing them.

It was as if they had been dating their whole lives. One minute their best friends goofing off, to being romantically involved looking at each other differently.

"Do you think we're making the right choice? Dating that is...." Lyla asked trailing off feeling stupid for even asking such a question.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, I don't even know what I mean. I guess I obviously have feelings for you. But I hope that we are actually doing this on a serious level."

Frank pulled her in to him for a kiss. He paused and pulled away to look at her, study her body language. "More?" He smirked noticing her pleading eyes. She straddled him on the bed and wrapped her arms around his neck as they began to kiss again.

Frank rested his hands under her shirt on her hips. Lyla had never kissed a boy before Frank and neither Frank with a girl. They were enjoying each other with instinct. Frank fell back and rolled Lyla over on her back his right leg was in-between her legs as their kisses got more intimate. Frank teased her with soft kisses to her lips and a few on her neck before getting up and going over to the computer chair.

"Let's take it slow baby girl. Besides your dad is home." He chuckled at her confused aggressive stare.

"Mean." She huffed fixing her shirt noticing she was really wet.

"I should get home, I'll call you later if things over there cool down. But I'll see you tomorrow." He explained kissing her before stepping out of her window.

Since Frank and Lyla were dating now, Lyla's father wasn't to happy with him being over unsupervised especially with her door closed. So to alleviate any tension, Frank decided perhaps the window would be the best way of leaving.