The Right Fit

Chapter 20

She gasped and looked into his eyes, he looked down at their hands before bringing them to his mouth and kissing them gently.

“you don’t have to say it back, I just needed you to know how I felt, I know it’s only been like 3 and a half weeks and that’s really soon but” he said with a nervous chuckle. Blakely smiled and repaid him by kissing his hands softly.

“I love you too” she said softly. His head jerked up and he looked at her confused.

“what?” he asked

“It’s true, I don’t think I have ever felt this way about anyone or even anything before. You’re the first thing I think of when I wake up, the last thing I think of before I go to sleep. I don’t know how I will be able to sleep so well without you when I get back home” she said running her fingers through his hair, he pulled her closer to his body and kissed her lightly.

“you can skype me every night you know” he whispered, she giggled lightly

“with a 7 or 8 hour time difference?”

“I will probably be getting up to start my day while you are getting ready for bed” he said, she smiled and kissed him again

“thank you”

“for what?”

“everything”

“well my dear, you are worth it and more” he said with a smile

“dance with me?” she asked softly, Harry smiled and twirled her around, before pulling her close and dancing slowly with her. She closed her eyes and took in every moment. Harry spun her around once more before dipping her lightly and kissing her, she giggled as he stood her up.

“we better get out of here” he graoned

“why?”

“we have company” he frowned, she looked around to see people staring at them, she frowned and looked up at him

“let’s go home”

“done” he said taking her hand, she smiled as he led her to the helicopter. She smiled at Jim and crawled in while Harry stopped and had some words with his officers. Once he was in, the doors where shut and the helicopter was lifting off from the ground.

Once in the car, she leaned in and laid her head on his shoulder. Harry rested his head on hers and smiled. He couldn’t remember the last time he felt this happy, and he did not want it to end. He shook her lightly once they arrived at the house, and helped her out of the car. Everyone was already asleep so they quickly got ready for bed.

“are you tired?” she asked as he crawled in next to her

“depends, what did you have in mind?” he asked putting his arm under her head to bring her closer to his body

“tell me about her”

“who?”

“your mom” Harry cleared his throat and looked down at her

“you want to know about my mum?”

“I want to know about your mom through your point of view, you already took me to her memorial and grave, I would like to hear more about her……if you don’t want to then you don’t have to”

“no….no” he said clearing his throat again. “she was beautiful, her smile could light up an entire room” he said visioning her “she was also depressed, very depressed” he frowned. Blakely laid there and listened to Harry talk about his childhood, his parents separation and divorce. How Charles woke him up in the middle of the night to tell him and William of her passing, writing her a letter and putting it on her casket to be buried with her. The reason she was out of sight from the world, Charles and Camilla. His grandmother. She listened carefully and didn’t dare to interrupt him, and for the first time in years he actually felt like it was ok to talk about, he could feel the tension ease up in each word he spoke.

“I love you” she whispered, once she knew he was finished

“I love you too baby” he said kissing her softly “she would be so proud of me, for finding you” and with that Harry closed his eyes. She stared at him and watched him sleep for a little bit before falling asleep.

The rest of the week was spent in Malawi and just like Harry said, he was extremely busy. She would be asleep when he got home, and still asleep when he got up to leave again. Her last day was spent traveling back to the outside of Lesotho to make sure she had everything she needed. When she arrived to the house with Cole, she smiled seeing Harry standing on the porch.

“what are you doing here?” she asked walking up the stairs

“I decided that I needed the day off, and to spend your last day with you” she smiled and kissed him softly before walking into the house. “im taking everyone to dinner tonight”

“Harry” she groaned

“hush” he said with a smile, she rolled her eyes and wrapped her arms around him, she rested her head on his back and took in a deep breath

“hi” Leslie said walking in, everyone turned to acknowledge her before she walked to Cole to give him a kiss.

“Harry is taking us to dinner tonight”

“oh that’s so sweet, Thanks Harry” she said

“it’s no problem”

“hey, so there is a new Karaoke bar that just opened up in town, we should check it out”

“I’m down!” Cole said

“me too, sounds fun” everyone looked over at Blakely who shrugged.

“sure, I just need to start on this laundry” she said with a smile. She winked at Harry before walking towards her room. She looked around and immediately began to get emotional. She didn’t want to leave her brother, Africa, and especially Harry. She sat down on the bed with her eyes closed. Harry stood at the door watching her.

“babe?” she looked up and forced a smile “are you ok?”

“yeah” she said clearing her throat

“no you’re not, what’s wrong?”

“it’s silly”

“I bet it’s not, come on”

“I don’t want to leave” she said with a slight chuckle, he sat down on the bed next to her and took in a deep breath.

“I have to go to Colorado in a few weeks for the wounded warrior’s foundation…would you like to join me? I just found out about it today”

“when?”

“3 weeks from tomorrow, I arrive on a Thursday and leave on Saturday, we can arrange for you to do the same thing, plus you won’t really have to take off days just move your schedule around”

“I will check my schedule as soon as I get to work” she said with a smile. Harry smiled and sat down next to her on the bed

“I know this is going to be hard, but I promise you it will be ok” he said taking her hands “don’t belive the things you see on TV or in the newspapers or magazine, it’s all rubbish. I will be in England, waiting on you” he said, she smiled and nodded her head “and if it gets to be to will send you Jim” she chuckled and nodded her head

“I think I can handle it soldier”

“I know you can Soldier, I just want you to know that there are options, plus the Palace already sent out the statements”
E c
“they did?”

“yes today” he said with a smile

“what does it say?”

“At this time Prince Harry and his girlfriend would like privacy” he said in a diplomatic voice, she chuckled and laid down on the bed with her leg hanging off. “This is going to work, because I believe one day you will be the next Duchess” he said kissing the top of her hand.

“you really think so?”

“when you know, you know”

“Harry” she whispered pulling him down to kiss her.

“I love you”

“I love you too” she said softly.

“BLAKE! HARRY! IF YOU DON’T COME ON WE ARE LEAVING WITHOUT YOU!” Cole yelled, Blakely giggled as she fixed her boots and scarf. Harry stepped out of the bathroom tucking his shirt into his pants.

“I told you we didn’t have time” he said pulling his shoes on

“well we would have had time if you would have stopped teasing me” she said rolling her eyes

“yeah, well you love it” he said kissing her softly “let’s go” she smiled and took his hand as they made it down the hall way and to the living room

“finally, come on guys” Leslie said with a smile.

“does she know sir?” Jim asked quietly

“no idea, is everyone there?”

“yes sir”

“thank you” he said getting into the car. Once they got to the 5 Star resort, Harry noticed all the security and quietly said a prayer that she wouldn’t understand what was going on. Once they got out of the car he took her hand and kissed her while Leslie and Cole quickly went inside.

“Harry” she chuckled

“sorry, I just wanted to kiss you” he said with a smile.

“well kiss me again and lets go, Leslie seems a little impatient” she said with a chuckle, Harry smiled and kissed her again before taking her hand. Once they got inside she froze as everyone stood up to clap for her. “what?” she asked seeing William, Kate, Charles, Camilla, Seeiso, Lane, Dee, John, Arthur, Skippy, Laura, Jill, and the rest of the people she had met in Africa.

“it’s your going away party”

“Harry” she said blushing, he kissed her cheek and took her hand before leading her to his family

“Hello again dear” Charles said standing up

“nice to see you again” she said kissing his cheek “this is my brother Cole and his girlfriend Leslie”

“nice to meet you both” Charles said shaking their hands. After everyone was introduced she made her way to Lane and Dee. She hugged them tightly before taking a seat to talk to John and Lawrence about Soldier.

“she looks so happy” Leslie said. Harry looked over to see Blakely laughing with Dee and Lawrence, Lane perched on her lap, he smiled and chuckled lightly

“that she does”

“you really like her don’t you?”

“I love her” he said with a smile, Leslie smiled “and thank you by the way”

“for what?”

“not running off and telling people”

“Harry” she said softly, Harry looked away from Blakely to Leslie “I would never, it doesn’t matter how much I get offered….I want you to know that nothing will ever come out of my mouth” Harry smiled and leaned over to kiss her cheek

“thank you” he said standing up, he shook Cole’s hand and walked to Blakely. Blakely stopped laughing with Kate and looked up and smiled. “May I have this dance?”

“you may” she said taking his hand, Harry smiled and helped her up. “thank you, again”

“for what?”

“for all of this, for making my time here so magical” she said with a smile, harry kissed her head and closed the small space between them “I don’t want to leave” she said softly

“I don’t want you to leave either, but this will work”

“I know” she said with a small sigh “3 weeks”

“3 weeks” he said with a smile “it will pass before you know it”

“Blake?” Harry said softly shaking her gently

“hmm”

“time to get up”

“no” Harry chuckled

“you will miss your flight if you don’t”

“im ok with that, just call the hospital and tell them I quit” she said rolling over to face him

“one day, I will happily do that” he said kissing her nose, she sat up and looked around the room. She had previously packed the night before, and before her and Harry passionately made love multiple times.

“take a shower with me?”

“of course” he said, she grinned and stood up and began to walk to the bathroom, Harry stayed behind for a second and took in a deep breath. He knew this would be hard but he really didn’t expect it to be this hard.

“babe?”

“coming” he said getting up, he stripped down and stepped in behind her, she turned and smiled before frowning “what?” he asked gently rubbing her face

“nothing” she said forcing a smile, Harry stepped back and watched her shower silently, she stepped out of the water and let him stand in her spot while she rubbed the in-shower lotion on. He turned the water off and grabbed the 2 towels. Silently they got out of the shower and walked back to her room. “you know we still have time” Harry smiled and leaned down to kiss her, she smiled and pushed him back on the bed.

Silently he gently made love to her over and over, and wiped away the tears that had fallen from her eyes. She reached up and wiped away the tears from his eyes before kissing him once more.

“I love you” he whispered over and over to her

“I love you too” she said with a smile

“Blake? We have to leave in 30”

“ok” she said clearing her throat

“time to get up” he said with a sigh, she nodded and sat up. She looked around the room at the suitcases in the corner and bit her bottom lip. “3 weeks baby”

“it will go fast” she said standing up, she dressed silently and brushed her hair.

“here, take this” he said handing her the fleece I AM jacket, she looked at it before looking up at him and smiling

“this is your jacket?”

“I want you to have it, sleep with it when you miss me”

“Harry, I wish I had something to give to you”

“don’t worry about it, I have pictures I am going to frame” she smiled and kissed him again before Cole knocked on the door “let me know when you get home”

“I will be in London for 3 hours, before my flight home” Harry smiled

“if this gets too much…”

“stop” she said putting her finger to his mouth

“ok”

“I will text you when I arrive in London, and when I get back to Texas”

“ok” he said softly, she kissed him once more before walking to the door, she opened it to see Cole standing there with a sad smile on his face

“ready?”

“yeah” she said softly. She turned to look back at Harry who had sat down on the bed “bye”

“bye” he said quietly, Cole frowned at his friend before looking at his little sister

“come on” she nodded her head and followed him to the living room

“have a safe flight ma’am” Mike said, she looked at Mike, Avery and Jim and smiled before giving them a small wave and walking out of the house. Harry walked out of the room and looked at his guards before walking to the window. He watched as Cole loaded her bags in the truck of his jeep, and she got into the passenger seat. She looked out the window and wiped away the tears. Harry watchd as the car drove down the dirt road and out of sight.