The Right Fit

Chapter 30

“The media is starting to get really bad out there” David said walking into the room with drinks from Sonic, Harry sat up in the chair next to Blakely who was asleep due to her pain medicine.

“what do you mean?” Harry asked leaning forward to take the sweet tea, Kate thanked David before looking back over at Harry who had a stern look on his face.

“When we left to go get the drinks there was maybe 3 photographers, now there is probably 40 photographers and multiple news stations”

“turn on the TV Jim, please” Marlee said pointing to the remote next to the security guard.

“yes ma’am” he said pushing the on button, he flipped the channels down until Marlee asked him to stop.

“We are live in Downtown Houston at Memorial Hermann Hospital where Blakely Lowry, the girlfriend of Prince Harry was brought in a few days ago due to a wreck that almost cost her, her life.” Harry cleared his throat and looked over at Kate “deputies say Ms. Lowry and a friend where driving to Galveston Island from downtown after a night out with friends when paparazzi began to follow them and take pictures, the friend then lost control of the wheel and flipped the car multiple times before landing on the hood. One photographer was pronounced dead at the scene, there were no traces of alcohol present in the blood of Blakely or her friend who has yet to be identified. Stay with us as we bring you updates on Ms. Lowry’s condition. Live from Memorial Hermann Hospital in Houston this is Veronica Garcia”

“is Prince Harry at the hospital with her?”

“yes, we have heard reports that Prince Harry and the Duchess of Cambridge are both here with Blakely and her family”

“wow thank you Veronica, I can only imagine what Prince Harry is feeling right now, as this was almost the exact same way he lost his mother Princess Diana almost 20 years ago” Kate closed her eyes as Harry rolled his neck in his hands. Jim turned off the TV and stared at his boss.

“we should make a live statement” Harry said, “asking for privacy, obviously the letter on the internet didn’t do any good”

“if that didn’t do anything what makes you think making a live statement will?” David asked. Marlee looked at Harry who took in a deep breath.

“because they might take it serious coming from Harry himself, and not from the Palace” Kate said with a head nod, Jim nodded his head in agreement.

“I think you should do what’s best Harry, we don’t know how this royal family business goes, or what it’s like to be in the spotlight but for Blakely’s sake, since she is a part of you now, I think we should do what you think is right” Marlee said with a deep breath.

“you should ask Blakely what she thinks first” Cole said speaking up, all eyes turned to the big brother sitting in the back of the room quietly. ”I know she will probably agree with you Harry, but this is not going away anytime soon, actually this is never going to go away” he said. They all looked over at the bed as they heard Blakely began to move.

“you ok sweetheart?” Marlee asked moving the hair from her face

“water” she choked out. Harry handed Marlee the water, and watched as Marlee helped her daughter take a few sips of the cold liquid. Blakely looked around the room at everyone, before narrowing her eyes. “what?” everyone looked over at Harry which made Blakely more curious, she looked over at him as he squeezed her hand lightly “what’s wrong?”

“let’s all step outside and give them a second” Marlee said, Harry watched as everyone began to file out of the room, Blakely continued to stare at him, he cleared his throat and looked down at her.

“Harry?”

“the media has taken over the front of the hospital” he said lightly “the palace issued a statement but it’s just caused more of an uproar” he said, Blakely closed her eyes and nodded her head. Harry’s heart shattered and he took in another deep breath “If it’s ok with you, I would like to give them a statement, and hopefully coming from me, they will back off some” Blakely looked towards the window, where Jim continued to sit, Jim who wanted to give them privacy continued to look at the passing traffic on the street below. “baby?”

“ok” she said

“ok?” he asked, she looked at him and nodded her head

“if we are now out for the world, then maybe they will back off some, what are you going to say?”

“I will get with the palace and come up with a statement, would you like to hear it before?”

“no, I trust you” she said looking at their hands “are you….” She cleared her throat and looked up at him “are you going to break up with me?”

“what?” Harry asked, Blakley shrugged “why would you think that?”

“because this is all so much, I can’t even imagine what your family is thinking”

“my family loves you Blake, William wanted to be here but couldn’t, so Kate stepped in to be here”

“your dad”

“he has been calling to check on you every few hours, and so has gran” She closed her eyes and took in a deep breath “I’m not breaking up with you, ever! I’m going to marry you” she opened her eyes and looked at him “I promise” he said kissing her hand “I don’t know when, but I am” he gently wiped the tears from her face as his phone began to ring “speaking of gran”

“hello” he said standing up, “I will be back” he said softly, she nodded and looked at her hands

“he’s serious, you know” she looked over at the window to see Jim with his back turned to her still looking out the window

“Jim?” he turned and looked at her softly before leaning against the window seal “I’m scared”

“There is no need to be scared, we are all here for you, and the entire Royal Family has your back, especially now. I am 100% certain you will have security 24/7 now”

“I have a job though, I can’t have security with me all the time”

“I think it’s going to be awhile before you go back to work” he said sitting down on the chair next to the bed “everyone now knows who you are”

“Jim?”

“yes ma’am?”

“everything is going to be okay, right?” Jim smiled and looked down

“everything is going to be ok” he said softly, she nodded her head and looked at the door to see Marlee and Kate walk in

“how are you feeling?” Kate asked with a smile

“I’m really tired, but I’m ok” Blakely said with a smile, she looked over at Jim who had stood back up and walked back to the window. “how do you do it Kate?” Kate smiled softly and sat down in the chair next to the bed that Harry had once sat in, she cleared her throat and shrugged.

“It’s really not that bad” she said with a single shoulder shrug “I love William and I know he loves me, he will do everything in his power to make sure I am safe along with the kids, but it didn’t always feel like that”

“what do you mean?”

“we had our differences especially when it came to my protection, I wasn’t brought up in the spot light, I didn’t know how the royal family worked, I was tired of being followed and harassed. Wills and I broke up for a while, he broke up with me actually and it had to do with my privacy and protection, but we realized we didn’t want to do life without each other and I swallowed my pride and now I have 2 beautiful babies and a loving husband. I try not to think of our lives as royal, I try to keep them as normal as possible” Blakely smiled and nodded her head

“thank you”

“for?”

“being here” Kate smiled and squeezed her hand lightly

“I will always be here whenever you need to talk to someone, or vent, trust me, I know what you are going through” she said with a small chuckle “these boys though, they are worth loving”

“I know”