Beautiful Disaster

Sixteen years ago.

I was so excited to have met a man so soon after moving to Hawaii. His name was Duane Lee Chapman. He was everything I loved; tall, dark and handsome. He was a Bounty Hunter and he, his brother and father had a television show. His brother Leland was a great guy, he was one of my closest friends. It was almost out of a fairy tale. Who meets a celebrity and becomes engaged? I would often think to myself.

Tonight me and my girlfriends were headed out to a club. I only had a few weeks to live up our single life before settling down. Duane Lee and I had so many plans, I couldn't wait to start my new life with him.

Finding our usual spot at The Ocean Club my girlfriend and I ordered a round of shots to toast to my upcoming wedding. We danced and sang and drank the night away. "Did he send you here to spy on me?" I ask Leland as he walks up to me on the dance floor. "No... I didn't know you would be here. Are you having a good time tonight?" He asks me as he twirls me around on the dance floor. "I'm have a great time, you know I wont be able to do this once I'm married. The fun stops..."

"Well, maybe not all of it." He says and just smiles as the song ends.

"Look what the cat dragged in ladies" I say to my friends as Leland follows me back to our spot.

"Hello girls" he says as he sits down at the table. I couldn't believe he was here. All I wanted was a night out alone. Now Leland would be reporting back to Duane. Not that I was worried, I just felt a little betrayed.

"So, what are you doing here tonight?" I ask him yelling over the music. "I told you I was just here to have a good time, meet some girls" he says winking at me. Leland was very much "the ladies man" all the women loved him. I could see why, he had a beautiful body and a great personality. I understood it. But I was so in love with Duane Lee. He was equally as beautiful as Leland. He was smart, funny and kind to everyone. He kept me laughing and he kept me on my toes.

"Come on girls, lets dance... this is my song" I say getting up. They all got up to follow me, Leland stayed behind to watch.

A little later that night I found myself dancing with Leland again. He was am amazing dancer, I found it hard to keep up with him. My girlfriends had abandoned me, leaving with some random guys. I take another shot of tequila. "You know, you're going to feel like shit in the morning" he says trying to talk over the loud music. "I know, but I feel good now!" I say giggling. My phone started to ring in my pocket as I pulled it out I saw it was Duane "Hey sexy" I scream into the phone. "Hey..are you having fun tonight?" he asks me. "I'm having a blast...wish you were here, hey I gotta go my song is on!" I say hanging up.