Beautiful Disaster

You're the best friend a girl could ever have!

I woke up the next morning on Leland's couch. My head felt like a bowling ball, I could hardly move it. I had drank way too much the night before. But I had a great time doing it, I thought to myself. Seeing Leland come down the stairs and open the curtains I said "Now that was just mean, you bastard!" He just laughed at me and sat down on the love seat across from me. "Did you sleep well?" he asks. " I guess I did, I don't know. Too much tequila last night" I say yawning.

"That's how you and Duane Lee met, you remember?" he says to me smiling. "Yes, I do... in the liquor aisle of the grocery store... Speaking of Duane, I better call him. He's liable to show up at my apartment and freak out because I'm not there." I say sitting up.

"I called him last night, told him I brought you here because your friends left you at the club."

"Thanks you're the best friend a girl could ever have." I say pulling Leland's tshirt over my knees. "I take it you gave me this to sleep in?"

"I sure did. You would have been miserable sleeping in jeans" he says to me. Thanks for everything last night Leland. I appreciate it and so will Duane Lee. "I say as my phone rings in my purse.

"Good morning to you too" I say to Duane. "Yeah, I might be able to get Leland to drop me off at your place." I say looking up at Leland as he shakes his head, yes.

An hour later I found myself sitting on Duane's lap telling him about the night before. "I was a little surprised that Leland showed up there, I asked him if he was spying on us." I tell him laughing. "No I didn't send him to spy on you silly girl" he says tickling me and throwing me down on the couch. He climbs on top of me kissing me deeper and deeper. I throw my hands around his neck and he picks me up off the couch to carry me to his room.

Duane Lee's POV

I throw her down on the bed climbing on top of her and run my hands under her shirt. "You're so beautiful Emma. I cant wait until we get married." I say kissing her stomach. "I cant wait either. Its only three weeks away and there's so much I need to be doing today and here you are trying to get me naked." she says pulling her shirt back down. "Now that's not like you to turn down some of this good lovin'." I say to her laughing. "Well, after last night I probably need to take a shower" she says getting up and heading to the bathroom. "If you must." I say laying back on the bed.

Three weeks later I was watching my bride walk down the aisle of the church. I wanted to get married on the beach but it rained that morning and we moved everything indoors. They say rain on your wedding day is good luck, and right now I felt like the luckiest man in the world.

Eight months after the wedding my beautiful Layla was born. She had a head full of dark brown hair and big brown eyes, just like her mother. She was perfect in every way right down to her cute little toes. I loved her unconditionally and vowed to protect her until the day I died.

She was a good child. She was fun and very much a free spirit, she couldn't really help that being part of the Chapman family. She loved the water, she loved being girly, she loved her family and we loved her.

There was nothing I regretted about becoming a parent. I always wanted more children but Emma wouldn't allow it, it had caused more than one fight between us. I wanted my daughter to have siblings, I had so many and I wanted that for her as well. Someone to grow up with, someone you trust with all your secrets. I wanted her to have what Leland and I had.