Writing Notebook

April

April 17 2009
I am laying on the 10 yard line on a beautiful spring morning as I write this. Though it is still a crisp morning with a light breeze, the earth’s nuclear heater is shining it’s harmful rays upon my ultra white, cancer prone skin. I wish I had worn sunscreen.
The breeze is blowing a few errant strands of my sunshine hair across this page and out of the corner of my eye I see faded red flags atop the yellow goal posts dancing in the same wind. Beyond that the still bare, but budding, trees combined with the green pines frame the electric, clear blue sky. Directly in front of me, the fake green grass is interrupted by a flashing yellow line of the soccer field. Closing my eyes I hear the constant dull roar of cars on a distant road, and birds chirping in the trees. A low flying plane interrupts the peace for a moment, then fades away. Behind me the clink of the flag reminds me of the wind. My olfactory senses describe the rubber in the fake grass, and a breeze brings the scent of spring: fresh, sweet.

April 20 2009
Hitler’s birthday today.
Free cone day tomorrow!! At Ben and Jerry’s! I’m getting chocolate therapy, it’s my fave flavor.
I went swimming on Friday in the lake. it was so cold! I thought I was going to die. But it was awesome!

April 21 2009
Free cone day!!!
I got ice cream, for free!!!
Best day ever.
I think ice cream should always be free.

April 22 2009
Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to fly into the air during a sunset. I’ve always wanted to fly, but I think it would hurt to land. I mean fly, not like in an airplane, but jump into the air and soar across the sky.

April 23 2009
I just saw a rainbow. It was raining and really sunny at the same time, so I ran outside to look for one. It was a low rainbow, it started in my driveway, rose nearly as high as the trees and descended onto my law.
“Rainbow’ is not really a beautiful word. ‘Rain’ and ‘bow.’ The name doesn’t suit that beautiful masterpiece. Rainbows are truly the art of nature.

April 24 2009
It’s amusing. The sun is shining and illuminating my hair. My classmates are running around like crazy like little kids. Makes me want to be 9 years old again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Stats out serious, then quickly deteriorates!