The Beauty in Death

The Smell of Burnt Ebony, Cigarettes and Death

Zacky sighed as he laid on his bed, chucking the baseball up in the air and catching it before repeating the action. He was supposed to be asleep but had awoken early. After playing guitar for a bit and checking his emails, he was bored so he grabbed his baseball and began throwing it up in the air. He caught it again before finally putting it down and logging back onto his laptop. He scrolled through facebook and twitter before clicking the mouse over the search bar. His fingers hovered over the keyboard before he finally decided to type.

B. r. i. a. n. H. a. n. e. r.

He clicked the search button and began to scroll through the profiles that came up.

"No. Nope. Nah. Definitely not," He muttered. "Guess he hasn't got facebook,"

He jumped as his skype when off before clicking the answer button, bringing up the video feed.

"Hello?" He said as the older looking man smiled. "Larry,"

"Zack, hey. How are you?" Larry asked. He was a kind looking man with graying hair and wrinkles. He was Zacky's manager for the music side of his career. "You're looking... pale,"

"I'm always pale, Larry but I'm well thank you. How are you and the wife?"

"We're great thanks," He smiled. "I thought I'd check on you. Love the new stuff by the way,"

"Thanks. I'm actually working on some more pieces,"

"Brilliant. Look I know it's pointless asking but would you consider doing a concert?"

"I did a live stream for the fans a few weeks ago,"

"I mean a real one. You know inside an arena or something. Or at least, a meet and greet,"

"You know I can't," Zacky mumbled, rubbing the back of his neck. "That means... you know..."

"Going outside?" He asked. Zacky nodded. "Well, at least, let me come round and actually meet you in person,"

"Why? You can talk to me anytime on here,"

"Ever the reclusive," Larry sighed. "Do any of your team for VU ever meet you in person?"

"Of course not," Zacky replied. "I maintain the website and sent them the designs by email,"

"Well, at least think about doing a concert or something," He replied as his wife called him. "Ah, dinner's ready. Talk to you later,"

"Bye, Larry," Zacky waved. Larry waved back and ended up the call. Zacky sighed and flopped on his bed as he heard someone rustling keys in their pockets as they tried to grab them. He sat up and walked out of his room as they put the key in the lock and turned it. "Hi, Johnny,"

He made the small human jump and gripped his chest before he looked up and glared at him.

"Jeez, Zack, you gave me a heart attack,"

"Your heart rate is only above average, Johnny,"

"It's a saying," He rolled his eyes and closed the door before walking toward the kitchen. "I thought you'd be asleep,"

"I was but I was awoken," Zacky mused, making Johnny look at him.

"What woke you up?"

"The smell of burnt Ebony, Cigarettes, and Death,"

"Charming," Johnny replied, really paying attention as he unpacked the shopping he had gotten. "Is that smell significant?"

"Yeah... it's his smell..." Zacky mumbled, subconsciously playing with the necklace around his neck. Johnny looked at him.

"I take it you mean that vampire you sired?" Johnny asked, filling up the kettle and setting it on the stove. "Man, why do you have to be old fashioned? Can't you get a coffee machine,"

"Yeah and no, coffee taste better when it's not processed,"

"I'm honestly surprised you don't make me pick the coffee beans themselves," Johnny replied. Zacky chuckled. "So this vampire who smells like wood. Who was he to you? Why isn't he here now?"

Zacky moved over to the window and sighed softly. His emerald eyes focused on the sun setting.

"He was someone very special to me..."

"Ok, but why did he leave? Why didn't you make him stay?"

"Would you cage a bird who longed to spread it's wings and fly?"

"Of course not," Johnny replied, looking over him. "He was like a bird then?"

"Yeah. Always free spirited. Even when he was human. I loved him but I didn't have the heart to cage him," Zacky smiled softly. "However, it would be nice to see him again,"

"Do you think you will?" Johnny asked, making the coffee as Zacky sat down and took out a cigarette. He placed the coffee in front of him and sat down before grabbing a cigarette. He popped it in his mouth and lit it before handing the lighter to Zacky, who took it.

"Those things will kill you," He mumbled, lighting his own.

"Well I don't plan to live forever,"

"You sure? You could be my friend for eternality,"

"Zack, you're my best friend and I love you and all but no thank you,"

"I'm kidding,"

"Of course... if you do want to change me, do it before I'm 30 so I can look hot forever," Johnny cackled, making Zacky shake his head. "Now you didn't answer my question,"

"I don't know, Jay," He replied, truthfully. "Brian was unpredictable,"
♠ ♠ ♠
New story idea. Not sure how long it will be but hopefully it should be a good one. There won't be much gore in this as my usual horror stories and hopefully, this won't be too cliche. Anyway, enjoy and leave a comment. Also, the layout is by my lovely friend on here, RoCk_PrInCeSs_PR. I think it works nicely with the story. :D