The Beauty in Death

The Greatest Kind

Zacky found himself lying on his bed trying to sleep during daylight hours. It's not like he couldn't go out in daylight. All vampires could. It's just he was more sensitive to it than other vampires. He had always been sensitive to sunlight even as a human. Signing to himself, he picked up the baseball and began to throw it up and down again. He caught it before throwing it up again but this time, he didn't catch it. Instead, a slightly bigger, tanned hand caught it, making him slowly look at the owner. The man was dressed in black jeans, black shirt, and a black leather jacket. His hair was dark brown and fluffy but pretty short and he appeared to have tattoos on his fingers as he held the ball.

"You know this shouldn't be thrown up so carelessly," He stated, handing the ball back to Zacky. "Signed by Babe Ruth himself, that must be 80 years old,

"86 years old," Zacky replied, taking it back before sitting up. "It's good to see you, Brian,"

"Likewise, Zack," Brian smiled before flopping on the bed. "Comfy,"

"Where did you go this time?"

"The Caribbean,"

"Oh I bet the sun is terrible over there,"

"Yeah but the alcohol is good," He replied, leaning over Zacky. "It wasn't the same without you,"

Zacky looked up in his eyes before running his fingers through his hair.

"You cut your hair," He mumbled. The last time he saw him he had shoulder length hair. Brian gently kissed his wrist. Zacky guided him closer before pressing his lips to his. Brian kissed back, moving his hand to Zacky's hip and sliding it under his top, carefully raking his nails down his sides.

"Hm you taste good," He mumbled before pulling away. Zacky pouted but Brian simply pressed his fingers to the older vampires. "All in good time, Love,"


"Hey, Zee, you awake?" Johnny asked, shaking Zacky. He opened his eyes and saw he was on the sofa and that the sun had set. He yawned and sat up, stretching. "What are you doing down here?"

"I dreamt of him," Zacky replied, getting up and walking to the window. He moved the curtain as a young man walked up the pathway and knocked on the door. Johnny answered it and signed for the flowers before closing the doors.

"These are for you," Zacky walked over and took the flowers out of his hands as well as the package. "Dead flowers? Isn't that a threat?"

"No, they're from Brian," He smiled, walking over and putting them in a vase. "Did you get it?"

"Yeah," Johnny replied, taking out a wine bottle out of his rucksack. "O+, male, 30 years old,"

"Brilliant," Zacky smiled, taking it. "Thank you, Johnny. How much would you like this time?"

"Um actually can I ask a favor?"

"Depends on the favor,"

"Can I hold a party here?"

"No,"

"Please, Zacky. I said I would host a party but my place is tiny," Johnny begged. Zacky looked at him and sighed.

"Fine but no one is allowed upstairs,"

"Sure but why?"

"Because that's where I'll be staying," He replied. "There's only some much human interactions one can take,"

"Cool! Thanks so much,"

"When is the party?"

"This weekend,"

"And you only thought to ask now?"

"Well, I only volunteered today to host it because of Jimmy Sullivan,"

"Who?" Zacky asked but the way Johnny sighed and smiled, he realized why. "I see,"

"Hm. What? No, he's just a friend!" Johnny gasped. Zacky shook his head and grabbed a wine glass.

"Your heartbeat and blush say otherwise," He replied, turning to leave the room. "You're welcome to stay the night if you want. You know where the guest room is,"

"Thanks!" He yelled as Zacky went up the stairs and into his room. He closed the door and opened the bottle before sniffing the contents and pouring himself a glass. He sat on the bed and drank it as a storm rolled in. He put the glass aside and lied down, wondering what Brian was doing at this time.

(***)

"Mr. Haner, is everything alright for you?" The young flight attendant asked as Brian stared out a window.

"Yes, everything is fine," He replied, looking at her as rain hit the windows. "How long until we land?"

"We should be landing in the next half an hour,"

"Brilliant," He smiled, returning his gaze to the window watching the rain until the plane landed. Once it had, he got off and grabbed his luggage before booking into the airport's hotel as the sun would be rising soon. He opened one of his suitcases and took out a wine bottle before grabbing a mug and opening the bottle. He poured some into the glass and downed it before sitting on the sofa with his head back, enjoying the taste of the 20 something blood donor. A sudden knock on his door disturbed his silence. He glared at the door and wiped his mouth before opening it. A hotel attendant had his other luggage on a trolley. Brian moved and let him in, helping him take the six cases off.

"Thank you," He replied, running his hands over one of them.

"You're welcome, sir," He replied. "Oh this package also arrived,"

Brian looked over and took the bottle-shaped package out of the young man's hands before opening it.

"A rare wine sir?"

"Yes," He replied. "For my friend,"

"Must be quite the friend," The young man replied, turning to leave.

"The greatest kind," Brian muttered before putting the bottle in his suitcase and giving the young man a large tip.

"Thank you, sir," He smiled before leaving. Brian locked the door after him and opened up one of the cases, revealing a pin striped guitar. He took it out and strumbled the strings before smiling to himself. He took out all of the other then sat there and cleaned each one while drinking the blood before putting them away and lying down on the bed, closing his eyes as the sun rose.