The Beauty in Death

What's Your Secret

Zacky smiled to himself as he played with Brian's hands, moving his fingers and stroking his palm as Brian watched him. He nuzzled his hair and placed a gentle kiriss on his head, causing Zacky to smile. It was times like these the two of them loved. Just been together away from the world.

"You're adorable," Brian mumbled into Zacky's hair. "Why do you find my hands so facinating?"

"The talent that pours from them," He replied. "Never has there been someone so gifted with music as Brian Haner Jr. I heard that he was blessed by the music gods themselves and was sent to earth to bring his own brand of heavenly sound or at least that's what the latest music interview said..."

"You like her words?"

"Very creative," Zacky replied.

"Indeed. She seemed very keen. I believe it was her first interview. She even referred to me as a god,"

"Ah if only she knew the truth," Zacky chuckled before sighing. "Larry wants me to do a live gig..."

"You should do one. When was the last time you played in front of a live audioance?"

"I think it was the early sixties," Zacky mumbled, making a thoughtful face. Brian rose an eyebrow. "It was a one night only,"

"Even so that was still about 55 years ago, give or take," Brian replied. "Would it help if I performed with you?"

"That would," Zacky admitted, linking his hands with Brian's. Brian leaned down and cupped his face, kissing him deeply. Zacky closed his eyes and kissed back, moving himself so he was straddled on top of Brian's lap. He cupped his face as Brian slid his hands down his sides, just as someone knocked on the door. Zacky groaned and pulled away.

"What?"

"Um... sorry to interrupt..." Johnny stammed. "But... you have a visitor...."

"Tell them to come back later," Zacky replied as Brian lightly bit his neck.

"Um... i would... but... um..." Zacky rolled his eyes as he felt Johnny's nerves. "He insists that it's important and he brought Jack Daniels as a peace offering,"

"Peace offering?" Zacky asked, confused.

"Who is this guest?" Brian asked.

"He said his name is M Shadows," Johnny replied, causing Zacky to fall off the bed in shock.

"WHAT?!" Both him and Brian gasped.

"Should I tell him to go?"

"No. We'll be down in a minute," Brian answered, helping Zacky up. "You ok?"

"Yeah. I think. I mean... is he trying to kill us with JD?"

"I think if he was trying to kill us... well, Johnny wouldn't be knocking on our door,"

"Good point," Zacky replied, grabbing his clothes and putting them back on. Brian did the same. "But if he tries to stake me, you're not pulling me off him this time,"

"Babe, if he tries to stake you, I'll tear him limb from limb," Brian whispered in a husky voice in Zacky's ear. "Now let's see what he wants,"

Zacky nodded and took Brian's hand as they headed downstairs. Johnny was curled up watching TV with Jimmy, who wasn't actually watching the TV but Johnny. He gave a massive grin at Zacky and Brian when they came downstairs and pointed to the kitchen. Brian walked in first, followed by Zacky. Shadows was sat on the bar stood, looking around.

"You recovered well," Brian stated, coldly. Shadows nodded and took off his sunglasses.

"Not the first time I've been bitten but last time, they left me to die. Survived because how much of a stubborn bastard I am," He replied, looking at them.

"Why are you here?" Brian asked.

"To inform you of the Slayer Society's decision regarding the two of you," He replied, taking out a packet of cigarettes. "Mind if I smoke?"

"Go for it," Zacky replied. "What decision?"

"Well, upon returning to their HQ after you two saved my life and let me go, I had to report all that happened. I told them everything. From how you resisted trying to kill me-" He looked from to Brian. "To you saving my life,"

Brian sat down as Shadows sparked up and took a drag.

"Ah. Nicotine," He chuckled. "Anyway, I also dug into Huntington's history and your own personal history. Quite the story, Mr Vengeance. Though no details on how you were turned. Just seemed to be that you keep yourself to yourself, worked as a musician and liked to stay hidden away from the world if you could,"

Brian chuckled a little.

"You're the opposite though, Mr Gates. You constantly travel and seem to enjoy been in the limelight," He chuckled. "But I digress. I used your personal history to argue that you two aren't the usual time of vampire we come across and that you two are capable of love and just trying to live your lives,"

"And I'm guessing that worked because you're not even armed," Brian replied.

"It did. You're off the kill list," Shadows replied.

"Awesome," Brian grinned but Zacky frowned.

"Why did you do that?"

"You both saved my life and let me go. Most vampires would have either left me to die or kept me as a blood slave," He replied. "As far as I was concerned, I owed you my life,"

"So now we're even?" Zacky asked.

"Now we're even,"

"Fair enough but why are you the one delivering the message? Shouldn't you be hunting other vampires?"

"Well... as par to the agreement of letting you two live, we do have to take necessary precautions should either of you decide to change your ways," He replied. "As a result of that possibility, I have new orders,"

"Oh?"

"To take up permanent residence here," Shadows replied. Brian and Zacky both stared. "Since the chances of either of you two changing are very slim, they basically made me retire,"

Brian and Zacky frowned.

"I'm sorry," Zacky mumbled. Shadows looked at him confused. "I didn't mean to get you retired,"

"It's ok," Shadows chuckled, finishing his cigarette. "Honestly, you two have changed my mind about vampires. I always thought they were nothing but mindless monsters but the way you two are. Well, it's obvious that you two aren't but there's something I gotta know,"

"Ok?" Zacky asked.

"Everyone knows in the vampire and slayer societies that you two are long term lovers and that Gates is younger then you but when I was looking through your files from Paris, it said you spend three months there in 1515,"

"I did,"

"Because of the friendship you had with a young musician?"

"Yeah,"

"But according to the records, he died after a slayer attacked you but you turned him, didn't you?" Shadows asked. Zacky remained quiet but nodded. "That brings me to my question. Is Synyster the musician you fell in love with and turned?"

"Yes, I am," Brian confirmed, wrapping his arm round Zacky's waist.

"I knew it," Shadows grinned excitedly. "So what's your secret?"

"Secret?" Both of them asked.

"Well, you two are clearly in love and have been in love for at least 500 years right?" Shadows stated. They nodded. "So how do you stay in love?"

Both of them looked at each other as Johnny walked into the kitchen and grabbed a drink from the fridge.

"Hey, Zee?"

"Yeah," Zacky asked.

"Can Jimmy stay round tonight?" He asked. Zacky rolled his eyes.

"Sure but don't be loud," He replied before thinking about Shadows' question. "I don't know how to answer that,"

"Answer what?" Jimmy asked, walking in. Shadows didn't want to stay anything but Brian chuckled.

"Jimmy knows about us been vampires,"

"Oh,"

"So does Johnny,"

"Right," Shadows nodded.

"Answer what question?"

"How we stayed in love all this time?"

"Well, that's obvious. Time,"

"Time?" Everyone questioned but Johnny.

"Yeah, he's right. You two literally have had centuries to learn about each other and you also give time to each other. Brian, you go off and do your own thing but Zacky, you let him because you don't want to cage him. You told me that when I first asked you about him but you also know he'll come back to you. You trust each other and that only comes with time,"

"I couldn't say it better myself," Jimmy grinned. "It's sad for us humans though,"

"Why?" Zacky asked.

"We can only dream of a love like that but because it takes time, we can never achieve it," Jimmy sighed dramatically, his eyes flickering over to Johnny. "Anyway, thanks for letting me stay!"

With that, he grabbed Johnny's arm and dragged him outside, cackling as he did. Zacky laughed and Brian shook his head.

"Well, I better be going," Shadows got up and nodded to the JD on the side. "Call it a peace offering,"

"Thank you," Zacky replied as Shadows when to walk off. "Mr Shadows?"

"Yes, Mr Vengeance?"

"Have you lived in Huntington before?"

"Um... no..."

"And do you have a place to stay?"

"The society covered a home and an income. Retired remember?"

"Right," Zacky replied. "Um..."

Brian knew what Zacky was trying to say.

"What Zacky is trying to say is will you be staying in contact?"

"Well... I can... if you want," Shadows replied. "Just.. why though?"

"You... seem... nice..." Zacky mumbled. "For a slayer,"

"Well... you two are nice for vampires..." He replied before taking out a card. "My number. Should you need anything or if you want to just hang out. I don't have many friends right now,"

Brian took it and looked at it.

"Matt Sanders?"

"That's my real name," He smiled a kind smile before leaving. "See you two around,"
♠ ♠ ♠
Another update? Shocker, you're all so lucky.