Status: Hey guys this is my first story on here, please at least give it a read, I promise you'll enjoy it. Just give it a chance and if its not your style you can move on. Thank you if you're giving this a chance

Eyesight

Prologue

It was the same old afternoon. Cammy waking up to the noise of her parents fighting-again. See, she was used to it. It's the only way she knew what time to start breakfast, or to start cleaning the house, or to get groceries. I know it's kind of sad to have a 26 year
old still living with her parents, but they needed her.

Her parents never abused her, she's never once been hit, but they always fight with each other and yell at her. she's wake up and get dressed, go downstairs, and her mom would yell at her for not making breakfast fast enough or not restocking her adult drinks when she "needed" them. Yes, her parents were alcoholics. That's how she was made, and they never let her forget that.

All the yelling and screaming resumed after Cammy went to the store to get more things for her parents. You could hear the fighting from outside, her next door neighbor, Wanda, gave her a sympathetic look. Cammy tried her best to force a smile, and Mrs. Wanda waved her over to have a little chat.

"Good afternoon, Mrs. Wanda." Cammy spoke politely.

"It's not quite afternoon yet Camilia." She stifled a laugh. Camilia was her full name.

"One can only wish, right?" Cammy sounded exasperated and depressed. She wishes her family could just be happy.

"Camilia, I know how hard your life is. My parents were the exact way. I know this a little off coming from a neighbor you barely talk to, but I always have a spare room for you if you want it." Cammy was so happy that Mrs. Wanda offered her a place.

"Thank you," Cammy smiled.

"Would you like to come in and have a chat over some tea?"

I bit my lip and looked down, hard in thought. I would love to stick and chat with Wanda, but my parents would have me six feet under if I wasn't back in two hours with some Jack Daniels and Baileys. This could also be the time I can finally escape my parents.

"That sounds lovely, thank you." She smiled, content all over.
♠ ♠ ♠
hey guys, I know this is short, but this is the prologue so I hope you enjoy.