The Unforgivable War

The End of Him

Dusk was approaching soon, and Vincent still could not shake off what William had said to him earlier. “’Just take care of yourself from here on out. This place is nothing what it looks like.’” He knew that his statement was true, but how true? He pushed the thought from his mind once more and continued working on the field. Transporting shovels of dirt from one spot to another, how this was considered work fathomed his mind.

Suddenly a shrill scream overtook the eerie silence of the plantation. Chills ran all along his neck and arms; he forced himself to think of another person then who he already knew the scream came from. Finally his head snapped to the scream, and to his horror it was none other than his beloved Isie. The oaf had her pinned to the ground, dirt smudging against the white cloth of her day dress that she had worn.

Rage surged through him as he saw this idiotic fool snicker as his hands ran along her fragile body. He could tolerate no more of this, and sprinted towards this fool, shovel in hand. As he arrived, hovering over them both, he met eyes with Isie, filled with sickness and despair. He could take this no longer; he loved her and found everything about her irresistible. To see this… this moron caressing her in public was over his limits. With that, he took the shovel that he had been working with and took a critical plunge straight for his head.

To his surprise, it had no effect whatsoever. Hell, it could have just tickled him for all he knew. Finally reacting to the hit, the baboon, Thomas was his name, finally stood up and left Isie cold on the floor. As long as Isie was now safe from his grasp, what happened next did not really matter. Thomas just snickered as he looked over him, probably surprised at what he just did.

“So now yer going to be a little defensive toward yer honey now eh? Well that’s just too bad because dis here is my plantation. That shovel ther’ is mine, and whoever works on this here plantation is mine too!”

Disgusted by his words, all Vincent could bring himself to say was, “You have it all wrong Thomas. Isie is my wife, and if you cannot get that through your head then I guess there is no hope for you is there?”

Gasps and outcries were heard by all the workers who stood to watch this scene. Apparently, they’ve never seen or heard someone stand up to any of the authority that ran the plantation. What Thomas did next, he couldn’t blame anyone for wanting too.

What Vincent encountered next was hard for him to comprehend, for everything seemed to move slowly and go into utter silence. Thomas had then reached into his coat, to pull out his custom made Flintlock pistol and aimed it towards him. He looked over at Isie to see her face form an O-shape and he realized what was about to happen. He turned back to Thomas just in time to see a malevolent sneer spread across his face, the last thing he saw. Finally, he felt himself fall backward and land hard against the cold floor, sneaking into oblivion.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry if it's a bit short loves but it's all build-up!
Feedback please!
If there is anything that just seems... wrong, please let me know!
Thanks!
Chapter 4 out soon.