Status: Short and sweet two shot.

Small Bump

Part One of Two

This ain't a love song
This is a fuck song
Don't have to sing along
This ain't a love song
It's just a fuck song


She watched him from across the room; he flirted with anything showing leg and breasts. He currently had a leggy blonde with a tight hold on his arm, her boobs a jiggle away from being completely revealed. She smirked to herself; she knew Brian would end up getting back with her. It didn't matter what house party they attended, with the sluttiest women—Brian always picked her.

Brian talked to the leggy blonde, bragging about how his band was starting to take off. Blondie was starting to annoy him with her laugh, but if her tits looked as good as they did in that top, he couldn't wait to see what else was hidden under her clothes. A quick fuck or blow job from her would have made his night, but the more the two drank, the worse her laugh got. Brian quickly excused himself and went to the back.

Steph sat on the lap of some guy as she smoked his weed. Brian caught a glimpse of her and took a deep breath. At least he knew his night wouldn't be a complete waste of time and effort. He mingled his way into her group, laughing and talking with the usual party goers. The crowd outside grew smaller, until it was just Brian and Steph left, lying on the loungers by the pool.

"So..." Brian looked at her and then to the empty yard. He took a long drag of his cigarette. Steph knew what his question was going to be, but thought it fun to pretend she didn't know what he was going to propose. "Your place? My place?" He pulled a face and glanced around the yard. "Here?"

Steph pretended to look shocked and insulted. She wasn't even sure if it was believable or not. "What the hell do you think I am?" She knew she was failing at sounding and acting upset. She could tell by the little grin slowly creeping onto his face, as he sat up straight on the lounger. "What do you think am I? Your fuck buddy?"

"Nah, not a fuck buddy." He stomped out his cigarette butt with his shoe as he stood up and made his way toward her. "Just a friend doing another friend a favour." He leaned over her face, milometers separating them. "You know the saying, you scratch my back... Instead of that, how about we just fuck?" Steph laughed at his stupidity, pulling Brian on top of her.

All my friends are wasted
And I hate this club
Man I drink too much
Another Friday night I've wasted


Another night, another house party. But this time Steph was seeking Brian out before he enjoyed his night too much. As usual he had women surrounding him. They couldn't have looked more desperate if they tried as they pawed at the struggling guitarist. She felt sick. She didn't want to be doing this. But it had to be done.

She stood in front of him, giving a cheeky grin. "Hey." Straight away Brian's attention was on her. She moved her body slowly towards his, her mouth brushing his cheek as she whispered in his ear, "I need you right now. Please?" She begged a little, breathing heavily, almost panting in his ear.

Brian removed his arms from around the two disgusted looking women. He took Steph's hand in his and started walking towards the room, praying that at least one of them was empty. "Need me that bad tonight?" He chuckled, glancing back at her. He tried one door, and nearly cried 'hallelujah' when he found it human-free.

He pushed her onto the bed and got right to the deed at hand. "Brian, we need to talk," Steph panted as he pawed at her body. Brian, oblivious to her words, continued his job in satisfying himself. "Brian!" she snapped, seizing his wrists in her hands. "This is serious. I wanted you to talk, not to fuck."

He propped himself up with his hands, hovering close to her body. Here we go, he thought to himself, another good fuck ruined. This happened with every woman he slept with. Eventually they got clingy, wanted to stop messing around, wanted to talk about where they were going in life. He really didn't think she was like this; all he wanted was really good sex with someone who knew how to satisfy him.

"Look, Steph, we've known each other for a while and I thought you wanted what I wanted. Just sex with a friend, no strings attached, good fucking, no relationship shit from either of us. Just banging whenever we met up." Brian rambled along, trying to make sense of his thoughts he was speaking aloud.

Staring into his eyes, Steph's began to well up. "Well, there are strings attached now." Her voice quivered and her lip began to tremble. "I'm pregnant." Although the house was blasting music, Brian still heard her whispered words perfectly clear. He tried to read her eyes, but nothing showed.

"Not mine," he grunted, jumping off of the bed and making his way towards the door. "I really thought you were different, Steph. Just 'cause my band is making it big you think I'm gonna give you money and have you hanging off of my arm. You can fucking forget about it." Turning the handle, he looked back at the blubbering mess. He looked from her stomach to her face. "Fuck, Steph..." With that he left her there.

I don't want to be the one
The battles always choose
'Cause inside I realize
That I'm the one confused


Steph sat in her apartment sobbing. She couldn't believe that Brian had spoken to her like that. Actually, she could believe it and didn't blame him. She couldn't have cared less about this so called band he was in—she cared about her life and how it was ruined. All she wanted to do was party her way through college, but that didn't look possible now.

She didn't want a family; she didn't want a baby. This was not how her life was supposed to pan out. She didn't even want a relationship with Brian. But for him to think she wanted his money—that hurt. She was in it for the same reason he was: a good fuck.

Somewhere between crying and thoughts of getting rid of the child, Steph fell asleep on the sofa, only to be woken a short while later by a loud thumping rattling her door. She slowly pulled herself off the sofa, tissues falling all over the floor. The door creaked open and there stood Brian.

"You—" He slurred his words, swaying a little on his feet. "You can't tell someone that their fuck buddy is having a baby with them!" He hiccupped loudly. His body failed to hold his weight and he fell into Steph. "I'm s-sorry." He pulled his body back from hers and leaned again the door frame. "I don't want sex. I don't want the baby, either."

Her eyes weld up with tears again, and she did her best to hold the water works back. "You need to sober up a little if we're gonna have this talk." Her voice was soft and raspy from the earlier crying session. "Come on, I'll make you a cup." Stumbling, he made his way to the sofa and plonked himself down. A few cups of coffee later, Brian had sobered up considerably.

"I know it's never a good time to have a kid. But right now, I... I can't have one. The band is just making it big—and look at us, for fuck sake! We aren't even in a relationship. We're just two people who enjoy having sex with each other!" He was trying not to freak out, but he couldn't help it. With great intentions he had decided to man up and actually talk to her, but somehow he’d ended up in the local watering hole to give himself some liquid courage. "We can't keep it. I think that we should…you know...get rid of it."

That was it. Those four words were all it took for the tears to flow again. She'd held it for so long, but that had just pushed her over the edge. She was shaking her head. Brian watched her wide-eyed, not really knowing what to do. "I can't. That's not the kind of person I am." Although nowhere near showing, she rested her hand on her stomach, almost protecting the unborn. "I was thinking adoption. This doesn't mean I want anything from you. I just wanted you to know."

Sugar Pie Honey Bunch
I'd do anything you ask me to
I can't help myself
I want you and nobody else


The sunshine crept through the small crack in the curtains and hit Brian's eyes directly. His arm rested across the chest of the young woman he'd slept beside all night. He gently moved himself from her and strolled to the kitchen in his boxers. He’d just started on the eggs when the young woman appeared at the doorway in his shirt.

"Hey, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to wake you." Brian smiled at the glowing woman. "I made French toast, orange juice with no pulp—just the way you like it—and now I'm going to make you some scrambled eggs." He watched her face change colour and sprint away from him. He frowned and then looked at the eggs cooking. "Fuck," he muttered, turning the cooker off. "Steph, I'm sorry," he called out, trailing her steps towards the bathroom. "I forgot. I got excited and I forgot. I'm sorry."

Brian held back her hair as she puked a few more times. He then wrapped her in his arms. Steph nuzzled her head into his neck and took a couple of deep breaths. "It's okay. I liked the thought, though. It was sweet." It had been nine weeks since they'd had their little talk of putting the baby up for adoption. "I still don't think the baby likes eggs yet." Brian let out a soft chuckle and moved his hand from her waist to her little bump.

"I can't believe how fast this is going. It doesn't feel like that long ago you told me you were pregnant. Now look: baby will be here in five months." She looked up at him and smiled softly. Neither of them had expected this. He momentarily stopped rubbing her swollen stomach to lean down and kiss her lips gently. "I got some money from this record deal," he said gently, resting his head on hers. "We can buy more than we expected for the baby today. That's why I kinda got excited this morning and decided to make you breakfast in bed."

In those nine little weeks something had changed between Steph and Brian. It started with them talking whenever Brian was home, discussing all of their options. But somewhere along the way, they had ended up living together as a couple. The two fell out of their partying routine and fell into the typical young romance of two twenty-year-olds.

"How's my boy?" Brian quizzed her on the phone. He'd been delighted when he'd found out they were having a boy. Sometime after he'd moved in, unspoken they had decided to forget about getting rid of their child and instead made themselves one happy little family. "He's missing daddy, isn't he?"

Chuckling, Steph grinned at how much Brian would have been teased by his friends if he'd been heard speaking this way. "Oh my god, man. Get over yourself. Baby is good. Very active today for whatever reason, but good. I'm fine too, in case you were wondering." She knew it wouldn't cross his mind to ask how she was. It wasn't that he didn't care, but the baby had become his priority. "So when are you home again?" she purred seductively.

"Woman," he spoke sternly, "you are wearing me the fuck out. My dick will fall off if you want more sex from me. I've been away for four days and do you know how many times I've played with myself? That's right: zero. Me being away working is a holiday for my cock. " His smile broadened as she giggled down the end of the line. "Sex with you was great when we were fuck buddies, but now you're pregnant you're worse than a teenage guy who just discovered he can play with his cock and watch porn."

Almost crying with laughter and crossing her legs praying she wouldn't pee herself, she rocked back and forth until her wave of giggles passed her by. "Okay, I'm good," she told herself more than Brian. "No. I wanted to get the nursery finished soon, and I thought you'd like to help me. That's all..."

"I'll be back in three days, so don't you go doing anything without me. Or I will not give you the privilege of using and abusing my manhood. Take care of my boy, so that means taking care of you!"

Never opened myself this way
Life is ours, we live it our way
All these words I don't just say
And nothing else matters


Brian stood in the doorway supporting Steph by holding her waist. The two were exhausted. They'd been at it all day. "I can't believe it took that long." He brushed the sweat from his brow with a shoulder.

"Look at it though. Isn't it gorgeous?" She grinned, observing the completed nursery. "If it wasn't for this band you're in, the room wouldn't look as good. Thank you." As much as she could, she got up on the tips of her toes and kissed his cheek. "But Momma needs to sit for the next ten years after that."

Laughter followed her as she waddled to the sofa. In the last week she'd gotten the waddle and Brian thought it was the funniest thing in the world—especially when she wore her maternity dungarees. "You want hot chocolate with cream, babe?" he called as he walked into the kitchen. He heard what sounded like a yes and began the process.

He turned his head, hearing Steph call him. He chuckled and shook his head. When it came to food and drink cravings he really couldn't get them to her fast enough. He grinned the second time he heared his name, almost being moaned. It surprised him to no end that she was horny after all the work they'd done.

"Brian. Please," Steph called out as he appeared in the doorway. "Something's wrong with the baby." She held her stomach with two hands and her terrified eyes pleaded with his. "We need to go to the hospital... Now," she almost screamed as she watched her dungarees turn red quickly.

Brian dropped everything in his hands and ran to pick her up. "Don't panic," he whispered, running out of the apartment as she cried in pain and continued to bleed. "Everything is okay, baby. It's gonna be fine."

You were just a small bump unborn, four months then brought to life,
You might be left with my hair, but you'll have your mother's eyes,
I'll hold your body in my hands, be as gentle as I can.


The hospital hallway was quiet apart from one young gentleman pacing up and down. They hadn't told him anything and he hadn't seen anything happen either. Nurses and doctors came and went, all giving him that sympathetic smile. He was so scared. He didn't want anything to happen to her, or him for that matter.

"Mr. Haner?" His head whipped in the direction of the nurse calling him. He turned on his heel and sprinted down to her. "Ms. Cater would like to see you." Almost as soon as the words left her mouth, he ran to be by his partner’s side.

She was so pale and still sobbing. Was she hurt? What about the baby? Was he okay? Why isn't anyone telling me what's going on? Brian's thoughts screamed inside in head. "Steph, babe. What happened? Are you okay? What about the—"

"Ms. Carter, Mr. Haner." A doctor came in holding a chart in her hand. She stood at the end of the hospital bed, quickly gathering her thoughts. "I know this is going to be difficult to hear right now, but you've suffered a miscarriage—" Steph let out a loud sob as Brian tried to hold it together. "You have had what is known as a placental abruption..." The doctor continued to speak as the couple let the tears flow.

Brian never let go of Steph's hand in the hospital. The pair cried until tears no longer showed, but on the inside they were both devastated.

You're just a small bump unborn,
Just for four months then torn from life
Maybe you were needed up there,
But we're still unaware of why.
♠ ♠ ♠
Songs in order;
Motley Crew - This Ain't a Love Song
Snakehips- All My Friends
Linkin Park - Breaking the Habit
The Temptations - I Can't Help Myself
Metallica - Nothing Else Matters
Ed Sheeran - Small Bump