Status: Active!

If We Jump

I Run In The Dark Looking For Some Light

The tour had ended about two weeks ago and it was now August. Summer would soon be coming to an end and by October, The Summer Set would be leaving again on a 3 month tour across the country. Everyone came to hang out at my house today and watch movies, but they had all left hours ago. Now Stephen and I were lying on the old trampoline in my backyard, watching the stars come out like a cheesy couple from an old movie. His hands were folded behind his head and I laid next to him with my head on his arm. “You know, I’m really glad I moved here” I said to him.

“Why’s that?” he asked, linking one of his hands with mine.

“Well, because if I didn’t, I never would have met John.” I joked. He gave me a small laugh, “gee, thanks” he said, rolling his eyes.

“Oh, and I guess I wouldn’t have met Josh either.” I frowned. He turned to look at me and pretended to be upset, “for someone as cute as you, you’re not very nice.”

“I’m just kidding, I’m glad I met you Stephen.” I said, and leaned up to kiss him. “Me too” he smirked and began to tickle my sides. That’s just how our relationship went, I guess- not that I’m complaining. We would get in fake little fights, whether it be tickling or wrestling over the remote, but I loved every minute of it. I guess we were still in the “honeymoon stage” as Jess had called it. Between my laughter, I was yelling for him to stop and when he finally did, both of our stomachs were growling.

“Come on, I’ll make you some food” I told him, taking his hand and bringing him inside. It was still early, only about 9:30 and my mom wasn’t home yet. When we walked inside, my brother had taken over the living room. He was sprawled out on the couch, surrounded by food, and playing video games.

I dug through the fridge trying to find food for us to eat but there wasn’t much to choose from so we called and ordered pizza instead. “Well, we have 30 minutes or less to kill” I laughed. “What do you want to do now?” I asked him.

“Well, I have a year full of kisses to make up for.” He smirked. I thought he was joking but sure enough he placed one hand on my cheek and touched his lips to mine. One thing led to another and soon I was sitting on the counter and we were making out, but when Sean walked into the room, I quickly pushed Stephen away. The room was then filled with an awkward silence, luckily the pizza guy rang the doorbell before Sean could say anything.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sean’s P.O.V.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I walked in on Dakotah and Stephen. They looked like they were about to get it on and I felt the sudden urge to vomit. The doorbell rang soon after and ended the awkwardness I had entered. Dakotah grabbed her wallet off the counter and started towards the door when her boyfriend stopped her and insisted he paid. After arguing, she gave in and he handed her a twenty dollar bill.

After she had walked away, I took the opportunity to talk to Stephen. It’s not that I didn’t like him, I preferred she date him rather than some of the other guys in this town actually, but there were still some things he needed to know. “So, you’re dating now?” I questioned, just to make sure.

“Yeah” He said. She’s my sister; of course I’m going to worry.

“Listen, I know you’re a good guy, but don’t hurt her… because then, I’ll probably have to hurt you, and that would suck” I said, attempting to sound threatening. I was quite a bit bigger than Stephen, but I trusted him to take care of her. There was really no need to say anything, but I felt obliged to at least give the kid a warning. When Dakotah returned with the box of pizza, I stole a slice and left them alone again.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dakotah’s P.O.V.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The kitchen table was a mess. It was full of my mom’s work papers and we were too lazy to clear it off, so Stephen and I ended up eating our pizza on the floor. I truly felt like a little kid when we were together. We just did silly things all the time, and I loved it. When we were done eating, Stephen laid down and put his head in my lap. I took the opportunity to style his hair. I ended up putting it into a whole bunch of tiny braids while he made faces at me.

Once it was done, I took a picture of him on my phone and showed him what he looked like, while laughing hysterically. His mouth opened when he saw it and he got up to chase me. I ran around the house, and eventually upstairs to my room after running out of places to go.

He tackled me onto the bed and we both started laughing again. He still looked ridiculous. “You’re… lucky…. you’re… cute” he said between the kisses he was leaving on my face, before walking to the mirror to fix his hair. It had curled some from the braids and he made a frowny face, which only made me laugh at him more.

“Are you staying here tonight?” I yawned. I was exhausted from today and I just walked to crawl into bed at this point.

“What do you want me to do?” he asked. I rolled my eyes at him because he already knew my answer. He smiled at me and I walked to my dresser to get out pajamas.

“I’ll go get you something to wear.” I yawned and went into Sean’s room to steal a pair of his shorts. I stopped in the bathroom on my way back to change into my shorts and a tank top. I brought Stephen the shorts and realized I had forgotten to get him a t-shirt to wear. He didn’t bother going into the bathroom, he just stripped down to his boxers and put the shorts on, remaining shirtless. As soon as he climbed into bed and said goodnight, I was out like a light.
♠ ♠ ♠
subscribe? comment? reccommend?