Sequel: Afterglow
Status: Complete! Sequel coming soon.

Miles Away

Eleven.

Hey Alex. Busy morning?

Alex felt guilty. He knew he should’ve messaged John by now, maybe even explained to him what happened, but... He couldn’t bring himself to. He felt embarrassed, like he somehow ruined their friendship and what they had between them. He had had a wet dream over his budding best friend for fuck’s sake, and it wasn’t something he could just get over. John deserved better than that, and he was afraid that if John found out about it, he’d practically disown him.

And honestly, Alex hated the idea of not being friends with John anymore, especially because of him being a horny teenage boy that didn’t know self control.

Alex felt something special about John, about their friendship, their relationship, everything. He was incredible, and everything that came out of his mouth was like some kinda impressive poem that Alex couldn’t even dream of coming up with.

Well, almost everything. John did sometimes say some downright weird shit, like the daddy jokes, but Alex still loved them no matter what.

Wait, loved?

Alex couldn’t love John. No way. He just had a wet dream about him, plain and simple, and those absolutely did not mean anything in terms of love. If anything, it proved that he was a horny gay teenager. A horny gay teenager that maybe had some kind of feelings for his best friend that lived across the country.

It’s not like he was having some kinda breakdown about it, nope, not at all.

Thankfully he got another message soon enough, this time being from Rian, his current best friend. God Bless Robert Rian Dawson sometimes, Alex thought.



Wanna hang out? I’m free tonight. Cass is out with some of her girlfriends.

fuck yeeeeeeees you’re a lifesaver i swear

I owe you one ri


When do you not owe me, Alex???

fuck you i can do whatever i want

just pleeeeeease can we do something i’m bored as fuck and i need someone to talk to


Yeah yeah, can you at least let me get in my car first?

fine i’m waiting xoxoxoxoxo



Alex was impatient, but that’s the story of his life. He’s an ass. But soon enough, Rian was there in his beat up, shitty Corolla, honking his horn repeatedly to tell Alex that he was there. It was something that always happened, and that the neighbors always complained about. From his bedroom window, Alex flipped Rian off, and then he was running down the stairs.

The two of them decided on going to McDonalds, Alex’s self-declared comfort food at this point. It became Rian’s at some point too, since the two of them always met up to talk about their problems when they had them, whether it was something stupid like a girl punching Rian in the jaw (which had happened) or Alex failing biology because his teacher was so cute he couldn’t focus (which had also happened.) There was something comforting about that sad, creepy clown that sat in the corner of the rundown McDonald’s near their neighborhoods. Really, they had come to call it the comfort clown.

Once at the fast food joint, Alex headed toward their normal seats to sit in the corner. He stops when he spots the statue of the clown, taking the time to sigh and reach out to put his hand on the grimey old thing.

“Thanks, Ronnie… good ol’ Ronnie. You always knew how to treat me right,” He grumbles, and he can just tell that his best friend rolled his eyes.

While the food was ordered by Rian, Alex sat in his favorite seat and waited.

Soon enough, he was shoving fry after fry into his mouth, his oreo McFlurry already almost empty. “These goddamn cockflurries, they’re so good but so evil,” Alex basically moaned after taking a sip of it. A long one. He needed the comfort the fattening food gave him.

“No wonder you’re a fatass,” Rian scoffs, picking at his fries.

“Dude, no, I swear that this clown is a wizard or something.”

“He’s a clown. A clown, and nothing more, Alex,” Rian sighs, setting his fries down. He was all for joking, but he was really getting concerned about the brunette across the table from him who was basically inhaling food. He cared a lot for Alex, and he didn’t want to see pain in his life.

“Enough about the clown. Put your fries down and tell me what’s wrong,” The slightly younger boy insisted. Alex knew that there was no use avoiding it or arguing, and so he set his food down. Once his mouth wasn’t full, he got straight to the point.

“I had a wet dream about a best friend.”

Rian almost choked. That was not at all what he was expecting, and with a shaky voice, eyes avoiding Alex’s, he asked, “Which one?”

Alex laughed at that, and he laughed hard. God, he would never in a million years think of Rian like that. No offence to him, of course.

“Fuck, that’s gross, dude. I would never fuck you, or even think of it! Get your mind out of the gutter, hetero!” He chuckles, and throws a fry across to table so his friend would snap out of it, “His name is John. I’m sure you’ve heard plenty from Jack.”

He said this because of Jack’s tendency to gossip. Sure, his boyfriend could try to control it, but Jack had the biggest mouth of anybody he was friends with. Maybe even out of all the people in their school.

“Wait, that John? The same John you never stop talking about unless you need to breathe for once?”

“They are one in the same, believe it or not,” Alex deadpanned, glaring at Rian’s sarcasm. He didn’t mean to talk about John so much, but he did like him a lot. That, and he couldn’t just go talking about John to the entire school or post on his Twitter about the green-eyed charmer he was falling for.

“Boy, do you have issues.”

“I’m aware of that, asshole, but I’m trying to fix those issues. God, I can’t even talk to him. I don’t know what to say. What if I randomly say, “hey dude, last night I dreamt you fucked me, and I loved it” or something?” Alex groaned, and then slumped back against his seat.

“Make a joke about it then? I don’t know, you can’t just leave him hanging like that. That’s a shitty move and you know that.” Rian crossed his arms, pursing his lips even. He hated those walls Alex could build around himself.

And Alex, well, he hated when Rian was right - and he always was.