Status: Please comment and let me know what you think.

Soulmates

Jade

I couldn’t stop thinking about the look on Angel’s face after he punched Kyle. He looked like he was going to kill him. After I dropped Kyle off at his house, I went home and caught up on chores and homework. As much as I could, anyway. As I was doing laundry, my phone beeped with a new message. *Hey, it’s Angel.* I smiled, and asked him if I could still come over. He said absolutely I could. I went upstairs, changed clothes, then went out to the car. Angel texted his address as I was driving through the neighborhood. My phone beeped again as I pulled in his driveway. *Just come around the back. I’ll be waiting.* I walked around his house, slowing my pace when I got in the backyard. I stuck close to the house. “Hey,” a voice said from above me. I jumped away from the house.
“Jade, it’s me,” Angel whispered. “Look.” He pointed a flashlight at the ground, and I saw he was standing in a doorway, that was about 3 foot off the ground. He reached down, grabbed my hand, and pulled me up. Angel pulled me against him, so I didn’t fall. I looked at him and quickly looked away. This was too close to be considered decent with anyone except soulmates. I looked around his room. The floor was concrete. There was a pile of clothes in the corner. Angel released me, and I walked over to the bed. Above his bed, there were drawings of wolves, furry, guns, and knives. “Did you draw all this,” I asked, surprised.
“Yes,” he said, shutting the door and walking towards me. “They’re amazing,” I exclaimed. “Nah,” he said. “They’re not that good,” he said modestly. “Bullshit,” I said. He looked at me out of the corner of his eye. “Jade…,” Angel said, trailing off. “What,” I asked. He shook his head. “You’re something else.” “Thanks,” I said, raising an eyebrow. He scooted a pile of pillows over and motioned me to sit down. “So...umm....what books have you read,” I asked. “Christine,” Angel replied. “You like Stephen King,” I asked. “Who doesn’t,” he said. “Cool...umm...videos,” I muttered, thinking. He just looked at me. “Video ideas,” I explained, grabbing a pencil and paper off his dresser. “What’s your favorite scene,” Angel asked. “They’re in Will’s Garage and Michael is trying to run over Christine,” I blurted out. “That’s a good one,” he agreed.
“Does that mean we get to pretend we’re dating,” Angel asked. “Umm...Angel… you’re nice and all but Kyle…,” I trailed off without finishing. Angel knelt down in front of me. “Look at me,” he ordered quietly taking my hands in his. I stared at him. “You know Kyle’s not your soulmate, don’t you,” he asked. I looked away. Angel pulled my hands toward him. “Look at me,” he said. “Don’t you,” he repeated, when I looked at him. I nodded mutely. “Why’d you stay,” Angel asked. “I love him,” I said. “What about your soulmate,” he said. “I...I don’t know,” I said, looking at the floor. “Have you ever really looked for your soulmate,” he asked. “No...I didn’t want to force something to happen,” I said quietly. “What if someone’s spent their life looking for you,” he asked.
“I’m not going anywhere,” I pointed out. “Can I show you something,” Angel asked seriously. “I...guess so,” I said uncertainly. “You have to be 100% sure you want to see,” he said. “It could change everything.” “Should I be scared,” I asked hesitantly. “No,” he assured me. “Go ahead,” I said. Angel looked at me a moment, then slowly stood up, never taking his eyes off mine. He pulled his shirt up, and I closed my eyes. “You said you wanted to see,” he reminded me. I opened my eyes. Wow….,I thought. He had a few small scars on his stomach, and a killer six pack. Angel turned around, so his back was toward me. He had broad shoulders that tapered off to a narrow waist. He knelt down and I got my first look at his shoulder blade. I reached out and lightly traced the design on his shoulder. I knew without looking that it was an exact match to mine. My hand was shaking, I noticed. Oh my god….my soulmate was right in front of me….