Status: Please comment and let me know what you think.

Soulmates

Angel

I can’t believe I just showed her my tattoo. I wanted to see her face, but I was scared to turn around. She was silent behind me, but her hand was shaking against me back. I heard her stand up. She knelt behind me, and gently pressed her lips to my shoulder blade. Jade placed a hand on my shoulder, and I put my hand on top of hers. Neither of us said a word. I turned around, and pulled her against my chest. As I wrapped my arms around her, Jade put her head under my chin and returned my hug. I kissed the top of her head. She raised her head up, and pressed her soft lips to mine. I gently kissed her back, not wanting to scare her.
She broke away. “How did you….,” Jade said, breaking the silence. “The day at the pool,” I replied. “You didn’t do a very good job of covering up,” I went on, remembering what she looked like in a two-piece. An animalistic hunger stirred deep inside me. I got up, and started walking around the room, trying to ignore the hunger welling up. Jade stepped in my path. I stopped when I was toe-to-toe with her. I was looking down at her, but she didn’t seem intimidated by my size. Good, I thought. I didn’t ever want her to be frightened of me. She looked like she was thinking very hard on something. I pushed a strand of hair out of her face, behind her ear. “What,” I questioned.
“Kyle,” she whispered. “What about him,” I asked, not seeing the problem. “What do I do,” she asked, turning her helpless eyes on me. I took her hand in mine. “Do you want him to know about us,” I asked. “You’d get hurt,” she said, appalled by the idea. “I’d be fine,” I assured her. She looked at me, not convinced. “You know I can take care of myself,” I said. “Yeah, but….,” she looked torn. “But what,” I asked. “I don’t want you to have to,” she explained, not looking at me. I lifted her chin and made her look at me. I kissed her softly. “I’ll be fine,” I promised. Jade rose on tiptoes, fastened her arms around my neck, and kissed me.
She poured all her feelings into that one kiss. All the pent-up frustration, worry, and happiness. I wrapped my arms around her waist to balance her. I lightly traced her lips with my tongue. She opened her mouth slightly, and I slipped my tongue inside to taste her. Slowly, the tension fled from her body as we kissed. We broke apart. Jade looked a little dazed. I hid a smug smile. “Aren’t we supposed to be doing something,” she asked, after a moment of silence. “Like what,” I said with a mischievous smile. “Not that,” she said with wide eyes, understanding what path my thoughts had taken. “It’d be fun,” I said.
She stared at me. “Are you a virgin,” I asked abruptly. “I am not answering that,” Jade said, challenging me with her eyes. “I bet you are,” I said, my eyes twinkling with amusement. She turned and walked toward the bed. “And, look, the perfect spot,” I laughed, pointing at the bed. “You think you’re funny, don’t you,” Jade asked. “Sometimes,” I agreed. “I’m just picking.” “I know,” she said with a smile. I walked up behind her and held her. She leaned back against me. I saw her eyelids fall shut as I kissed her neck. I walked with her to the bed. I sat down and pulled her on top of me. Jade stiffened a little as she fell into my lap.
She scooted over so she could sit beside me. She closed her eyes, and rested her head against her knees. I put an arm around her shoulders, pulling her close. “What’s wrong,” I whispered in her ear. “I don’t know what to do,” she mumbled. “About what,” I asked, confused. “This,” she said. She leaned against my chest, and I ran my fingers through her hair. “You don’t have to tell him anything,” I said, referring to Kyle. Jade laced her fingers through mine. “I know,” she said. “Have you told anyone about this,” she asked after a moment. “No one except Chase,” I said. “Will he…,” she started. “No,” I interrupted before she could finish.
“It will be fine,” I murmured into her hair. She pulled away a little. “I should be getting home. My parents will be worried,” Jade said. I watched as she got up and jumped out the back door. I stayed up most of the night worrying about the day to come. Will everything be the same? Will Kyle find out? What happens if he does? Finally, I drifted off into restless sleep.