Back Into Your Arms

Chapter 42

Mel’s P.O.V

“Tim! Are you serious?” I laughed as he retold the story of how I pursued John. I blushed but couldn't help but laugh. I was a determined one.

“I know, so funny right?” he laughed with me.

“So you became their manager and continue to be their manager, that’s awesome, props Tim”

“It’s been tough but I mean, they’re all my best friends so you get used to it”

“What did you think when I got in the accident?”

“I was pretty upset with your parents, like I get it, they wanted to protect you but that was not protecting that was twisting up reality for you”

“Yeah, I still don’t know how I’m going to be able to talk to them when the time comes”

“You just have to show them that you are better than them, that you are actually going to be willing to hear them out, the way they should have done”

“That’s very true” I nodded and smiled.

“I’m really happy to see a familiar face again Tim, I need to meet your girlfriend as soon as possible” I added.

“She’s going to pass out on me when I tell her about you, you girls were friends, you and John would double date with us”

“Wait, I’ve met her before? This is incredible! I already know everyone” I laughed.

“What’s incredible is that we have all remained friends since high school, we are getting pretty old”

“28 but still feeling young!”

“I’m almost 29 Melody”

“Bro, don’t say that, we are talking about right now, in this moment, worry about being 29 when you’re actually 29”

“Fine” he laughed. I missed Tim’s eye smile. He was one of the most down to earth guys I had ever met, and what made everything even more special was the fact that he had become even more down to earth with age.

John walked over to where we were sitting and sat down next to me.

He reached for my hand and when he grabbed a hold of it, he looked over at Tim with a huge grin.

“You’re dream came true” Tim said to him.

“It did” he replied.

“You’re freaking incredible” Tim said shaking his head, both guys just grinning.

They then began to tell me more high school stories of us.

A month later.

I sat with my mother in the living room of my parents house. Small talk is what we did now.

“So you’re working now?” my mother asked as she sipped on her coffee.

“Yeah, it’s different but it’s nice”

“Yeah, well it was your choice to start all over again”

“It was” I agreed and took a sip from my tea.

“You seem to be awfully busy lately”

“I am" I agreed, I wasn't going to deny it.

“With what?”

“My friends”

“And where did these friends come from?”

I had to hold back from rolling my eyes.

“Goodness mother, you are interrogating me like if I were a teen, one of them is the one to actually help me get this job, her name is Tessa, she’s a professional baker, she has this cute little blog but she has a really big following”

“Tessa?”

“Yeah”

“She sounds nice”

“She is, and my other friend is well a friend of hers, her name is Falyn, we usually all go out on Fridays and I sometimes go over and hang out with Helen, you know the girl I told you about that lives in our old house”

“Right, well I’m glad you have friends, I’m sure Julie misses you a lot”

“She does, she might come to visit soon”

My mother and I were left in silence, with not much else to talk about.

“What about you and Alex?”

“Alex?” I asked confused. I then remembered.

“We officially broke up”

“Did you?”

“Yup”

“I don’t know…you seem a little too happy to have broken up, when did this happen?”

“Oh, quite a while ago, maybe a month ago”

“And you’re okay?”

“Yeah, my friends have helped me forget him, that’s why I’m so busy” I lied.

My mother just nodded, she didn’t seem too convinced.

“Plus, Tessa’s boyfriend introduced me to one of his friends…and well we are talking” I added.

My mother looked up and gave me a look.

“See, that makes more sense”

I laughed.

“Yeah, but anyways, I have to go, I’m meeting up with Tessa for dinner”

“Okay, have fun sweetie”

“Thank you mom, I’ll stop by on Sunday” I said as I blew her a quick kiss and proceeded to head out.

I was driving again. John had helped me lease a car from the dealer.

I got in my car and turned on the music loud as I drove to the restaurant wondering to myself how long I was going to avoid talking about John to my parents.
♠ ♠ ♠
This was all I was able to write last week, but it's getting us somewhere! Hope you guys enjoyed this small chapter! The Technicolors show was a success and now I need to get myself a job to pay for the #Modernnostalgia tour! I think I'll be seeing The Maine on two dates!!! So excited, hopefully this excitement can well, help me write more! Love you guys!