Status: Active

Purity

XXYXZ RD.

With my face against the floor, I can’t see who knocked me out of the way.

I was born and raised in the wonderful, Des Moines, Iowa. I was always more of a tom boy than anything. I always loved punk rock music, heavy metal, skateboarding and playing guitar. Music is extremely important to me – not many people understand my passion for it. I grew up around a bunch of guys, who eventually formed a band called Slipknot. Yep, that’s right. I grew up with the NINE.
I pretty much became their mascot/manager/photographer and sometimes, their inspiration for the music. I’ve been through a lot with those crazy mother fuckers in my life. But I have to say, it’s worth it. You can thank yours truly for the quote in ‘Til We Die: “I’ve never known trust like the nine.” That’s always what I’ve called them – the nine. They’re my fucking heroes in life. I wouldn’t be here without them. However, they are not free of their flaws. I also wouldn’t have the pain and heartbreak in my life, had I not known them. I can only blame myself. As they say you choose your friends. Because of my association with these men, I got kicked out of my home, went through more heartbreak than I have ever imagined and read about, overdosed on heroin, and have been right in the middle of the largest fit of jealousy between men. All those stories, I’ll save for later.
As of the present, I’m 26 years young. I’m 5’3” with multi-colored hair that reaches my butt. I have a shit ton of tattoos, as well as a few piercings. My looks aren’t really important to you, though. I’m single at the moment – I’m just looking to have a bit of fun for a little bit. My last relationship was both the best and the worst that I’ve ever been in. We were together for 9 years; and engaged. I found him cheating on my one day, and I broke it off. That was a little over a year ago and I’m still not fully okay with how things are. The reason for that you ask? Well, it’s because I still have to see the fucker almost every day. I work for Roadrunner Records as a professional photographer, and I am also still Slipknot’s manager.
Life isn’t easy but I do try to make the best of it. I love my jobs – I could never see myself doing anything else. Although, I’m sure that’s not what you’re most interested in either. You’re probably just wanting to know WHO was the guy that I was with for 9 years of my life. Well, that would happen to be the one, the only, the great big mouth – Corey Taylor.
I don’t regret anything we ever did or went through. I wouldn’t know the things that I know now if it hadn’t been for him. That’s including the pain of being engaged to the man you love, and have loved for 8+ years, and 3 months away from your wedding, just to find him in your home, in your bed with his ex-girlfriend. He wasn’t even drunk, and… I don’t know how that would have made a difference in the outcome. I just know that it hurt me more than anything that I’ve ever experienced in my life.
That was no doubt, the darkest part of my life. Darker than being homeless. And it was sure as hell darker than my heavy drug-use period. If it weren’t for a select few, I probably wouldn’t be around to tell this story… My closest friends are Mick Thomson, Sid Wilson and Jim Root. Mick is like my older brother. He’s always looking out for me and is extremely over-protective of me. Especially since last year. Sid is my teddy bear. He’s the one who found me that day, THE day. We’ve always been very close, but we somehow got even closer after that day. He’s the main one that I owe my life to. And Jim-Jim, as I call him. He’s the second one that I owe my life to. Whenever Sid wasn’t around, Jim was. Hell. He was even around when Sid was. I’m more grateful for those two men than I can ever explain. Jim’s the one who took me in years ago when my parents kicked me out of my house. Why was I kicked out? For being so reckless and stupid with the guys. Really abnormal, eh?
So I lived with Jim for about 3 years, until we got a place of our own. While living with Jim, things changed. Corey was over-filled with jealousy and always found any reason to fight when we saw each other. Of course, Jim didn’t like that – to this day, Jim and I have never had a fight. That’s extremely rare, because I’ll fight with a brick wall. He’s that way, too. He has a really short fuse and it’s not hard to light it either. Don’t get me wrong here, I love all members of the nine. We’re all family and I couldn’t imagine my life without any of them. Shit, one time I got Craig drunk enough to actually hold a conversation with me. I haven’t brought it up to him again, and the only other person who knows is Joey.
Before Corey and I got together, I dated Sid for a brief while. We were only 15 [yes, we’re the same age. Our birthdays are only 10 days apart] and we were each other’s ‘firsts’. I did love him, and I’m still not sure exactly what happened. All I remember from back then is we thought we were in love but it ended suddenly, and since I started dating Corey short after that, we hung on for so long that I never got the chance to gain closure with Sid. He’s tried, but I simply won’t talk about it. It’s not exactly a time I want to remember. I only started dating Corey originally as a rebound – though, I think it went both ways.
We both just got out of relationships, and I know it’s stupid to call a relationship ‘serious’ when you’re only 16. But I grew up with Sid, my whole life. We only lived 2 houses away from each other. And we dated for about 11 months. I had kissed other guys before, and shit like that. I think I’ve made out with all nine of these guys, to be honest; between all the times we played truth or dare and the 2 I’ve dated. Sid had only ever kissed one girl, a couple of times. I knew I had feelings for him back then, but I had no idea he felt the same way.
Let me take a moment to reminisce the memory..
“Frankie, I don’t know. She just tried kissing me out of nowhere. I don’t even like the bitch. She’s weird.” Sid said, while pacing my bedroom at Jim’s place.
I laughed, very entertained with his dilemma. I was sitting on my bed Indian style, staring at my blank TV. I replied, “Oh, chill, Sid. I bet you were so horrible that she freaked out to tell all her friends how bad of a kisser you are. And what the hell do you mean she’s weird? I thought WE were weird. You can’t go giving other people our label dude.”
He stopped pacing, and ran over to the bed tackling me. In a fit of screams and laughter, he said, “Oh fuck you, Jones. You don’t know if I’m a good kisser or not! You’ve never kissed me. Weeeirdooo.” He drug the last word out, sticking his tongue out at me. “Well, I know you’ve never kissed anyone before, and trust me, no one knows what the fuck they’re doing when they kiss someone the first time.” I told him matter of factly.
He got off of me, and just laid down beside me. I sat up, getting my soda from the table beside my bed. He didn’t reply, and I wasn’t used to him being quiet. Sid had an answer for everything.
Then, I heard a knock on my door. I stood up and opened it, revealing Jim. When he saw Sid laying on my bed, and my ruffled hair, a look of anger washed over him and he came in my room, slamming the door.
He sat in my computer chair, and spun around a few times. “What’s up dudes?” He asked casually.
I sat on the floor, still clutching my can of soda. “Well, Jim-Jim, since you asked. Me and Sidney over here are disagreeing. You see, he thinks he’s such a good kisser since – “ I was cut off in that moment by Sid jumping off the bed toward me to shut me up.
This ended up in me falling over, spilling my drink on the floor, and Jim busting into the loudest fit of laughter I’d ever heard. It didn’t last long, though, as when Sid started tickling me profusely, Jim pulled him off.
“Alright look. Whatever the argument was, it’s over. Neither of you are right. Let’s go get some food and see what the others are up to, yeah?” Jim said to the both of us.
“Yeah, sure, dad.” I replied, and walked out of my room, not even bothering to clean up the mess. Sid stormed out of the house entirely – mad as hell. I gave Jim a hug, and told him I wasn’t hungry. I grabbed my skateboard and walked outside. I tried to catch up to Sid, yelling. He didn’t even turn around.
Finally, I caught up to him and jerked on his arm. “Hey, Sid. What’s wrong?” I asked, out of breath. When he looked at me, I just saw sadness and anger in his eyes. He looked so intense, I immediately let go of his arm and stopped walking. He seemed to snap out of his trance. “Shit, Jim just always knows how to piss me off.” Was all he said.
I just shook my head, and started skating the other way. I don’t know why those two always had to bicker when I’m around. When they play music together, they’re fine. And when I’m hanging out with Joey & Shawn, they’re fine. It’s only when I’m around both of them that they act weird. Maybe I should just stop hanging around them so much.
I skated down to Corey’s house, and knocked on the door. His Gram answered, and immediately let me in with a hug.
“Corey! Frankie’s here get up!” She shouted to him. I sat with her at the kitchen table, just watching her read her newspaper. I loved this woman, she was almost like a second mother to me. I know she cared for me too, but you don’t interrupt her when she’s reading.
“Hey Frankie,” Corey said, approaching me and ruffling my hair. “What’s up shit head?” I replied casually, earning a raised eyebrow from his Gram. I giggled. Corey grabbed a piece of toast from the kitchen and grabbed my hand, pulling me to standing position and dragging me to his room. “Corey I know where your room is. You don’t have to pull me like a rag doll,” I said to him while laughing.
“Yeah but I have something to show you!” He said all excited. When we walked in, I saw his room was a mess. “I wrote a song. And I know what I want it to sound like but I can’t play guitar. I need your help,” He said very quickly.
I immediately grabbed the acoustic guitar from the wall – I left mine over here, hoping he’d get inspired to play it but he just lets it collect dust and calls me over for help.
He hummed to me what he wanted it to sound like, and once he started singing I just let it flow and when it was over, he opened his eyes and had the most shocked expression on his face. “That’s fucking perfect, Frankie!” He exclaimed, giving me a hug. I laughed and put the guitar back up. “Yeah dude. You can write the shit out of some music. Hey, Jim was gonna come find you guys – I think he wanted to practice or something.” I told him, starting to walk out the door.
“Ok, let me just get changed.” I nodded, and shut the door to his room and walked back into the kitchen. His Gram was no longer in there, so I walked outside. I pulled out my cigarettes from my pocket – yes, I smoke and yes, I’m under age. Do I look like I give a fuck? – and lit one, breathing in the sweet nicotine. I was feeling extremely stressed and I just had this huge wave of melancholy wash over me.
We ended up all playing some songs at Shawn’s place. And yes, we, as in I also played guitar a bit for some songs. I feel like I get in the way but they all agree that it’s pretty cool to have a 10th member helping out with the guitar parts.
Later that evening, me and Sid went for a walk to the park. It’s something we often do. We sat on the swings, silently for a while. I finally broke the silence. “Hey, Sid. Why do you and Jim always have to fight when I’m around you two?” He sat silently for a moment, then quietly said, “We’re just guys. I think I argue with everyone a lot, even you. Mostly when you don’t deserve it, and I’m sorry if I ever hurt your feelings.” He hung his head a bit. I got off the swing and sat in front of him. “Look at me.” I said to him. He looked at me, and had tears almost falling from his eyes. “Please, tell me. Whatever it is, it’s been bugging you for a while now. I don’t like to see my friends hurt. If I need to go beat someone’s ass I will.” I said to him, raising and shaking my fist. He laughed quietly and shook his head. “Nah, it’s really nothing. I just don’t like the way Jim always has to act like I’m some disease when he sees me around you.” He said. I thought for a minute, and it made sense, but I just didn’t understand why.
“Well I don’t know why. You two just need to talk it out and fix it. I can’t have you guys mad at each other over nothing.” I said, standing up to sit over on the roundabout. He joined me a few moments later. “Frankie?” He said quietly. I looked over at him. “Yeah, what is it?” I asked. I was wondering why he was being so serious, seeming so down.
He didn’t say anything, he just placed both of his hands on my face, and before I could react, his lips were on mine. I was in shock – I always cared for him differently than the other guys – I’ve wanted to kiss him for a long time, but I never would have thought he’d feel the same. I wrapped my arms around his neck, to deepen the kiss. We stayed like that for a few moments. He pulled away only slightly, and brought his lips crashing down on mine again, but not as soft. Our lips started moving in sync with each other, and he moved one hand down to my jaw and my neck, pulling me in more. He started rubbing my cheek with his thumb softly with the other hand. I ran one of my hands through his hair, and left the other around his neck. We eventually pulled each other so close that I was sitting on his lap. I ran my tongue over his lip, and he happily granted access. We made out for what seemed like forever, but was probably just a few minutes.
When he pulled away, he rested his forehead on mine. Both of us breathless, I started laughing and he joined in. “What’s so funny?” He asked in his laughter. I only shook my head – I was laughing too hard to talk. Truth is, I was so happy and overrun with emotion that all I could do was laugh.
Eventually, I stopped laughing and stood up, stretching. “I’m sorry. I guess I didn’t expect you to be a good kisser after all,” I replied to him. He stood up, too. “Yeah well. You’re incredible. In the heat of the moment, I just went with it.” He scratched the back of his head. “So, what was that for anyway” I asked him. “I’ve wanted to do that for years. Frankie, I’ve liked you for the longest time. And I know Jim does too. That’s why he always gets pissy when you and I are together. And the other way around, too. I’m sorry I just kissed you like that. I couldn’t hold it back anymore.” He said nervously. “Sid,” I said, stepping closer to him. “I’ve always wanted that, too.” And before I could finish what I was saying, he grabbed me by my waist and pulled me to him again, kissing me deeply. I ran my hands up his back softly, and ran my hands through his hair, down to his neck and pulled him even closer. He moaned softly into the kiss, which made me smile and he laughed a little – never breaking the kiss of course.
His hands went from my waist down to my ass and gave a firm squeeze, then moved back up and under my shirt, tracing small circles onto my hips, then his hands started moving up to my stomach and that’s where he stopped, and ran his hands back down, on top of my shirt again and pulled me into his embrace. I was going wild at this point.
Finally, we both pulled apart. He grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers together, and we started walking back. When we got to Jim’s place, he gave me a hug and kissed me on the forehead. “I’ll see you tomorrow, beautiful.” He said, stepping away. “Goodnight, Sidney.” I replied and went inside. That – was the beginning of our relationship. I was on top of the world that night. All throughout our relationship was great, until the last few weeks when everything went downhill…

But, I’ve spent enough time thinking about that year. Let’s move on, shall we?

I don’t want to get back up – but I have to so it might as well be today. Nothing appeals to me. No one feels like me. I’m too busy being calm to disappear. I’m in no shape to be alone – contrary to the shit that you might hear. Walk with me – don’t let this fucking world tear you apart!