Status: Updates are liable to be irratic and will come in fluid bursts. This is by no means intended to explain or excuse any actions dealt with within the story.

A Twilight Mother's Day

Episode: 1

I had been alone all day, yesterday; since I had sent Spike on an errand for me. Nothing special about it, I always send him on errands, even if he usually is back the same day.

When I trotted into my bed room, I had been tired, feeling spent; after a long day and the duties of being a Princess. With that said, I had failed to notice the small bed somepony had placed in the room. Maybe I should properly refer to my bedroom, as the Royal Chambers now; since this is a castle and I am a Princess now.

It is still natural for me to move around in my home nude and without my crown, when I am not performing any Royal duties and thus being private. I have been growing accustomed to wearing the crown and putting on the royal garb for the official occasions and the like. I don’t have to like it, or enjoy it; but it is part of the title and position of the Princess nonetheless.

I had chosen a fairly small room for my bed room. Spike is sleeping in an adjacent room close to my room. I guess it is appropriate for my title and his position. He has advanced from my assistant to the Grand Vizier and Advisor, during our years in the castle of Ponyville. Thankfully, this is still the very same Ponyville I had come to love; even after my coronation and time as Princes.

--- --- ---


There had been a few strange noises from the other bed to my right, but I had thought nothing of it. I had ignored it, truth be told. I knew I am alone in the room, now since Spike has his very own bedroom.

For some reason, I did not have anything particular, important planned for the day ahead. Mothers’ Day isn’t a special holiday, or anything, right. Maybe the laps in scheduling is due to Spike being out of reach? Either way, I am alone in the large castle.

There it is again; that strange, creaking noise from just a few feet outside my bed. I tried to ignore it.

“Mummy, Mummy!” I hear a small voice exclaiming, from no more than a few inches from my ear.

“Yes?” I half sight, and half moan in surprise and disbelief.

“Happy Mummie’s day!” she then exclaims in inescapable glee.

“Wait, it is Mothers’ day?” I respond.

Of course she is understanding my adult pronunciation of the name. While I am baffled by the distinctly small filly’s voice as opposed to the more coltish voice of Spike who I am used to having around; yet still distracted by the image of him being out on my errand, even in my sleepy mind. I had hoped to sleep in, just a little bit as I am alone. Not to say that I mind Spike, or wanted him out of my mane just to sleep in.

“Of course, Mummy! You should know that by now, shouldn’t you?” she proclaims.

“Every Pony has a mother, even a little filly like you and a Princess like me!” I agree.

“Exactly! Exactly! Exactly!” she exclaims, bouncing up and down ecstatically like a filly.

“So it is Mothers’ Day, today? Already?” I inquire incredulously.

“Yes! Yes! Yes! Fun, fun, fun! Trotting over for breakfast!” she bubbles over.

“Good thing, we Ponies don’t need to dress up to go out! I am just a Mother going out for a breakfast with my Daughter! No care about Royal etiquette or such nonsense!” I conclude.

“Mummy, Mummy; why would we need to wear anything?” she inquires.

“Why, indeed! It is just something that becomes cultural demands on some places. Or it grows so cold, you would freeze if you did not wear clothes!” I respond, with an inward giggle.

“That is good, Mummy! But that doesn’t mean we can’t, or Rarity would be ruined!” she promptly responds.

Of course she would have to be most comfortable without fancy clothes on, and of course she could know of Rarity and her passion for fashion. Every Pony knows of Rarity.

“I will just have to take you over to Rarity at the Carousel Boutique, so she can craft a beautiful suit for you!” I add.

“So long as it is after we go to Pinkie Pie, at the Sugar-cube Corner!” she responds, promptly with certainty.

“Of course we will go to the Sugar-cube Corner! We need breakfast, and where is it more delicious than that the Sugar-cube corner?” I point out.

Aside from the fact that I don’t need to lift a hoof, in the effort!” I think.

--- --- ---


I carefully pick up my saddlebags with my magic and strap it onto my back, smiling.

The little purple filly with a bright pink mane and tail is just a step behind me as I trot towards the door, giggling and bubbling over with the excitement from the promised treat at the Sugar-cube Corner. Of course, going to the cafe is always a treat. Knowing Pinkie Pie is there, at this particular event is a given. She always knows when to be at the center of attention.

I slowly grasp the handle of the door and pull it up, before I set hoof on the path from my home to the town of Ponyville. My daughter; Dawn Break is merrily trotting right behind me as I close the door behind us.

For a little filly, the path is long, but not overly challenging. I let her take the step up to trot beside me, instead of just behind me. I am proud of her and want her to be seen beside me, not behind me.

-
♠ ♠ ♠
Edit: 01

Oh!