If You Love Me

Eighty Six: I Had Forgotten

Quietly flicking through the television channels, Gerard spared a yawn into his hand, his legs stretching out ahead of himself. It was early, usually too early for Gerard, even on a day when he had training, but with Nora struggling to get comfortable, he had opted to give up his spot in the bed, even if it did mean skipping out on a couple of hours of sleep, he wanted to ensure that she was as comfortable as she could be.

It had been a couple of weeks, after they’d shared the news of Nora’s pregnancy, people had been keen to make a fuss of them for a while, but Gerard was pleased with the way that things had settled down, even if he knew that the fussing would start up again once the baby arrived. He was hopeful that things would be calm and quiet for the duration of Nora’s pregnancy.

Allowing another yawn to fall out of his mouth, he moved to flick the television off before he pushed himself up to his feet, padding through towards the kitchen. Stretching slightly, he moved to flick the kettle on before he moved to rest against the counter, closing his eyes tiredly.

“Did I kick you out of bed again?”

Gerard, who’d been trying to wake himself up slightly, jumped at the sound of Nora’s voice before he lifted his head, offering her a sleepy smile. “You didn’t kick me out of bed” he countered “You were just moving around a lot, trying to get comfortable, and I decided to leave you to it. What are you doing up? I didn’t expect to see you for a while yet” he mused, moving to collect a cup from the cupboard.

Nora, who’d moved to sit down beside the counter, shook her head. “I felt a little nauseous” she mused “And, after the feeling passed, I thought I’d come down here for a glass of water. Have you been up for long?” she posed, peeking up at him softly.

Gerard shook his head gently before he stepped towards the counter, taking the seat beside her. “A little while” he noted “But it’s OK. It’s not like this is the first time” he added, offering her a reassuring smile.

Nora admired his smile briefly before she shook her head, a bashful smile appearing on her lips. “You’re pretty cute, you know that?” she posed, brushing a few loose blonde hairs off of her face.

Gerard let out a small laugh before he nodded his head. “You’ve mentioned it” he quipped “But, I do like to hear it from time to time. It makes me think that I am probably doing something right” he teased, moving to offer her hand a light squeeze.

Nora smiled a little at the fit of their fingers before she shook her head, offering him another smile, something Gerard was quick return before he leant down, pressing a light kiss against the top of her head. “How are you feeling?” he posed “You said that you felt nauseous?” he added.

“I feel alright” Nora replied “I mean, for a little while, I thought I was going to throw up, but I didn’t. It just woke me up” she explained gently.

Gerard nodded. “You feel less nauseous now?” he posed, squeezing her hand comfortingly.

Nora smiled a little at the comforting action before she nodded her head. “A lot less” she replied.

Gerard offered her a dubious look, wordlessly asking if she was sure, before he pushed himself back to his feet, moving to fill a glass with water.

Nora watched him for a moment, slightly amused by his fussing, before she reached her hand out, gently taking a hold of his. “Come on” she mumbled “Alba’s still asleep and we’ve still got a little while before your alarm. You should come back upstairs, get some more sleep” she added, gently tugging him towards the stairs.

Gerard briefly contemplated turning down her request before he playfully rolled his eyes. “I suppose I could come up for a little while” he quipped, his voice warm and teasing.

Nora scoffed playfully. “You have better plans?” she quipped, offering him a playful glance over her shoulder.

Gerard feigned thought for a moment, something which made Nora shove his shoulder lightly before she padded up the stairs, mumbling beneath her breath, something which made Gerard laugh before he followed after her.

~#~
Lightly brushing his fingers over Nora’s stomach, Gerard grinned to himself, marveling at the feel of the small bump beneath his fingertips. It still felt a little strange, the idea that Nora was pregnant for a second time was one which Gerard was still wrapping his head around, but he was thrilled, even if it had come along a little sooner than he had been expecting. He couldn’t wait to meet the new addition to their family.

“Did you get anymore sleep?”

Gerard, who’d been contently tracing patterns against Nora’s bump, chuckled a little at the playful tone of her voice before he lifted his head, offering her an impish smile. “I tried” he quipped “But I couldn’t get back to sleep. Did I disturb you?” he posed, his voice softening slightly.

Nora shrugged. “A little” she noted “But it’s OK. I don’t think we’ll have much longer before Alba starts to wake up” she added, sparing a look towards the clock which sat on the end table.

Gerard followed the line of her stare, checking the time quickly, before he turned back to her, not missing the smile which had appeared on her face. “What are you grinning at?” he posed quietly, not wanting to disturb the comfortable atmosphere which filled the room.

Nora blushed, slightly embarrassed that he had caught her smiling at him, before she shrugged. “I guess I had forgotten how much you fussed over my bump when I was pregnant with Alba” she mused, gesturing down towards his hand which still rested contently against her stomach “I think I have missed it” she added, her voice warm and soft.

Gerard smiled at the warmth in her voice before he leant over, pressing a soft kiss against her stomach, something which made Nora push her fingers through his hair gently. “Can you believe that we’re doing this again?” she posed softly.

Gerard, who’d moved to sit up slightly, shrugged. “It was a surprise” he noted “I mean, I thought it would take a little longer for you to fall pregnant, but I am thrilled that you are, Nora. I can’t wait to meet them” he insisted.

“I know that” Nora quipped “You’ve been pretty excited for the last few weeks” she pointed out.

Gerard smiled bashfully before he shuffled a little closer to her, pressing a soft kiss against her cheek. “I am excited” he conceded “I mean, it’s going to be a change, having both Alba and Baba around is going to take some getting used to, but I am sure that it’ll be great. Especially if we have a boy” he added impishly, brushing a hand over her stomach.

Nora watched the movement of his hand briefly before she tilted her head, peeking up at him gently. “You want a boy?” she posed.

“As long as they are happy and healthy, I would be more than happy either way” Gerard noted “But I would like a boy” he added, brushing her stomach once more.

Nora admired the soft and tender movements of his fingers for a moment before the sound of Alba’s cries filled the air, causing her to let out a small sigh. “I should get her” she mumbled “Are you going to grab a shower?” she posed, pushing herself up to her feet.

Gerard nodded. “Probably” he quipped “I’ll meet you downstairs for breakfast?” he posed.

Nora nodded her head, agreeing with him, before she padded out of the room, something which made Gerard smile softly, more than pleased with how things were going for them.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Jayme112234 and Twisted;;Symphony for the comments :)