Nodus Tollens

.
In the year 2043, a global war broke out. Countries that had once been allies turned against each other, and the earth was nearly destroyed from all of the warfare. Entire cities were completely wiped out, and the death rate was staggering. Between bombings and combat, the number of lives lost was catastrophic.

In the year 2116, the global war finally ended. By that time, the old world was mostly erased. It took decades for countries to reestablish borders. In the United States, major cities were resurrected. Smaller towns were built as well, but they were left mostly unprotected. In between the protected and fortified cities, there were the “Dead Zones.” Places of lawlessness that were left unprotected. The cities and above ground tunnels connecting the cities were the only safe places. In this new world, everything was heavily regulated.

In the year 2228, the ruling government known as The Management decided it was time to regulate music. All musicians were given a choice. Conform and only perform the music that was deemed acceptable by The Management or retire. Some bands decided to conform so they could continue to perform, some bands left the United States and went to countries with less strict laws, and some retired.

In the year 2233, a group of women decide that it’s time to prove that not everything should be so heavily censored. They confront The Management, because the people still remember the old music and want it back. They’re tired of only being able to hear what’s “acceptable” by The Management’s laws. After several hours of fierce arguing, a compromise was reached and the reunion tour began.
.

Image

this is the story of
how that tour came about
everything that happened on the road
and what happened when it was over


Image


More Info: This story is set in an alternate universe in the future. In this story, I will not use any of the band members' families. That includes wives, children, parents, etc. If a band member's family is mentioned, it will be a fictional family. None of the band's wives will be in this story because I love these bands, and I love the women that they're married to. They're awesome ladies, so I will not be bashing anyone.

Warning: This story is going to be a long one, and I'm not sure what all will show up as I continue to write. There might be violence, suicide, drug abuse, alcoholism, sex, war, gore...anything is possible. If you see anything in the story that should be listed as a warning or trigger, please let me know.
.
  1. chapter one
    There's too much character description, a tragedy, and a favorable outcome. A typical first chapter.
  2. chapter two
    the bands are finally officially in the story, there's some worries and introspection, and a sweet ending.
  3. chapter three
    the tour officially starts! there's some shenanigans, some story-telling, and a boring ending.
  4. chapter four
    the tour continues, there's good and bad times, and the ending is a little confusing. slight cliffhanger warning.
  5. chapter five
    a new friendship is formed, conspiracy theories are hashed out, and there's a controlled fight. a bit of filler but still plot relevant.
  6. chapter six
    Fun times are had by all, there's death threats and singing, but the morning after leaves everyone reeling.
  7. chapter seven
    There's a lot of yelling, a little world building mixed in with family time, and Tara and Gerard have an actual conversation.
  8. chapter eight
    Two people slip away from the crowd and bond a little, name calling ensues, and there's a whole bunch of yelling. And fighting.