Dear God, I Left Her When I Found Her

Obsedian Citadel. Michelle's POV

"Dudes, hurry up and get on the stage!" said one of the guys, Bill, that worked at Chain Reaction. "Dickie is getting all up in my grill telling me to find you guys."

"Nice to know that The Dickster loves us so." Damien said sarcastically taking his bass out of its case and walking up the steps to the stage.

"Yeh," began Nathan. "Tell the Dickmyster that his beloved are here and ready to put some balls to the wall."

Tanya and I began to laugh. Damien and Nathan would make fun of Dickie to no end.

"I'll be sure to deliver the message." Bill snarled. He didn't like us so much. He did have a right to, though. Dickie had replaced Bill's band's spot onstage tonight with us.

so now poor Bill would have to help and watch our band play. I though of it as a double whammy.

I told the guys about it on the way here, but at the words "double whammy" they rushed to the nearest Burger King for double cheese burgers. Which is why we were late. Which is why we had Bill yelling at us in the first place.

Stupid boys.

We had a couple more minutes before our band went onstage for sound check. I went down the concrete steps and around to the public corner to the stand where ice chests were stacked.

I dug my hands into the closest one pulled out a frigid bottle of water. I unscrewed the lid and put my lips to it.

I noticed a bright green flyer listing the bands and the names of the members of who played what.

The headlining band was called Sunny Shadows and the very last band to play. We were the fourth and I was surprised to see "Michelle Haner" under lead guitar.

I had gone out on a limb by putting my dad's last name. I usually used Martinez or Hudson.

Our band Obsedian Citadel was among the many bands listed on the paper. I kinda felt bad for Bill. He probably wanted his band to play to gain popularity.

We were just playing for the sake of playing. To unleash whatever the hell we had been hiding form the rest of the world. Which was ouselves.

"Come on, Michelle." called Tanya touching my shoulder. "Ithica can't wait 18 years for you."

"Let me go insult the greek gods first." I snorted.

"After you play the show you can go and poke Poseidon in his oceanic eye for all I care."

"You think that would really piss him off?" I asked as we made our way back to the stage.

"If you yelled out Poseidon took it up the butt with Zues the possibilities are endless. Maybe you'll get sent to Hates." Tanya said lifting herself up onto the stage.

"I'll keep that in mind." I grunted as I climbed up and made my way to my Les Paul. I pulled the strap over my head and began fiddling with the notes.

The hairs on my arms stood up and the wonderful familiar feeling of happiness and excitement overwhelmed me. Rocking out on stage with the people you loved was well worth the grief and disappointment of having teenage parents that couldn't take care of me.
♠ ♠ ♠
if you haven't heard of the story "The Odessey" sorry, you prbly wont get the greek gods part.
i updated... WOOT