I Knew You Were Trouble

Almost Moment

Olivia Suarez sighed deeply as she arrived home from work, it had been a long hard day at work and all she wanted to do was run a very hot bath and soak in it for a while, but loud laughter from the living room told her she was not going to get her wish. Rolling her eyes she took of her coat and hung it up, she already knew who that laughter belonged too and she hated it very much.

Olivia groaned loudly as she put her bag down by the door, she just wanted one night without having to see his face, she hated the way he looked at her, the way he smiled at her.It always set her on edge and she didn't like it. The guy was an arrogant idiot and always thought he was god's gift to woman, she honestly didn't know what other girls saw in him.

" Olivia is that you?" Harry called out.

Olivia made her way to the living room and stood at the door " Yes" she replied, forcing a smile on her face as her green eyes settled on Cristiano, he stared at her with that evil smirk on his face. He knew she didn't like him very much and he seemed to love trying to get any reaction out of her.

" What is he doing here?" Olivia asked Harry, not even bothering to say hello to Cristiano.

Cristiano just responded with a taunting smile he was well aware of Olivia's hate for him and he found it really amusing, he never understood why she hated him so much, when they had been kids they had been so close, he had always been polite too her, but one day she turned on Him for no reason at all. Cristiano gave up trying to be nice to Olivia after a while seeing it was getting him nowhere. So instead he did everything he could to wind her up and it worked like a charm every time, it didn't take a lot to get a reaction out of Olivia all he had to do was breathe near her and she would go mad.

Harry sighed and gave his less than impressed girlfriend a warning look, he was getting tired of all the fights and being stuck in the middle. He could tell she was annoyed that Cristiano was at the house, but he didn't care Cristiano was his best friend and nothing would changed that so Olivia was going to have to deal with her anger issues.

" I invited him over" Harry replied calmly.

Olivia glared at Cristiano " Why, you know how I feel about that man whore" she complained.

Cristiano's smirk on his face grew " I love you too sweetheart" he taunted.

Harry bit down on his lip, shaking his head he was getting tired of these stupid fights so fast and he hated being stuck in the middle of his between his girlfriend and best friend. He didn't understand why they hated so much they used to be close once. So close that many people thought they would end up together.

" Can't you two just grow up and be civil to one another?" Harry asked.

Olivia laughed sarcastically " Why should I be civil to the likes of him?" she huffed, crossing her arms across her chest.

"Aw Olivia hates me so much, I think am going cry" Cristiano said with a mocking smile.

Olivia glanced at Cristiano and smiled nastily at him " It doesn't take much for you to cry, just a little push from a rival player and you cry like a baby" she pointed out unkindly.

Harry just rolled his eyes at their squabbling, he was well used to it after growing up with them both, he sighed a little as he got up and left the room, leaving them to fight it out, they wouldn't even know he had left the room. Harry decided he was going to fix some drinks, he knew there was no getting in between Olivia and Cristiano, they would just start on him, if he tried to play peacemaker.

***

" Look at what you did, you drove Harry away " Cristiano pointed out unhelpfully, an evil smiled pulled at his face.

Olivia just sneered at Cristiano, she didn't understand why he got under skin so bad, at one time she did really like him, he clearly was very talented at getting under people's skin.

" I think you did that" she replied.

Cristiano shook his head and tutted a little " Here is a word of warning, if you are not careful sweetheart, you will lose him" he warned.

Olivia laughed coldly " I won't lose him over you" she snarled angrily.

Cristiano got up from his chair and moved to sit next to Olivia, knowing how much it would bug her, he smiled slowly when she shifted a little away from him.

" I have been his best friend all his life, you have been his girlfriend all of what two minutes" he said with a taunting smile.

Olivia stared coldly at Cristiano " Its been two years actually and he would pick me" she replied confidently.

Cristiano leaned into Olivia " Would you be willing to test that?" he asked.

Olivia shook her head and looked away from Cristiano in all honesty she wasn't sure if Harry would pick her over Cristiano and that irked her a little, she saw the knowing smile on Cristiano's face even he knew she was doubtful about Harry's Loyalty.

Cristiano sensing Olivia's hesitation moved a little closer to her, their thighs practically touching, Olivia stared down at how close Cristiano was to her.

" You are not so sure are you?" he asked.

Olivia glanced at Cristiano at that moment she wanted to wipe the smug smile of his face but she knew that would just play into his hands so she stayed quiet.

" I think I win this round" Cristiano smirked.

Olivia opened and closed her mouth, she had nothing more to say, so she would give him this little victory, even if it killed her, she would win the war.

Cristiano suddenly did something unexpected, he brushed some hair away from Olivia's face, she froze at his touch, ignoring the butterflies in her stomach. She looked at Cristiano, giving him such an odd look, his brown eyes locked onto hers, his expression unreadable his eyes dropped to Olivia's lips, Cristiano leaned into Olivia, he trailed his thumb along her bottom lip. Olivia knew she should have pushed him away, this was not right, they shouldn't be this close together, she had to put a stop to this.

Just as Cristiano's lips were about to touch her own, the door opened and they sprang apart like they had just been burned. Harry walked into the room, oblivious to the heated tension in the room. Olivia glared at Cristiano, she couldn't believe they had an almost moment, she hated him she wasn't supposed to want to kiss him, this was so bad.

Harry unaware of what nearly happened sat down next to Olivia and smiled at his best friend and girlfriend, he was surprised they hadn't killed each other yet, so may there was some hope they could sort their issues out peacefully.

***

" You almost did what?" Sergio yelled loudly, a knowing smile on his face, he had always wondered when Olivia and Cristiano would admit their feelings, anyone with eyes could see how they really felt about each other.

Cristiano glanced around the half empty locker room hoping nobody was paying much attention to them today. The last thing he wanted to be was the gossip of the locker room.

" I told you I almost kissed Olivia" Cristiano repeated quietly, as he pulled his shirt over his head and dumped it on the floor.

Sergio smiled at Cristiano, it was bout time he admitted his feelings for Olivia, he was always moaning about her and saying how much he hated her, but everyone knew that was just foreplay.

" So are you going admit your feelings for her now?" Sergio asked.

Cristiano who had just opened a bottle of water and took a sip, almost choked on his water there was noway he had feelings for Olivia. He was happy with how his life was at the moment.

" Excuse me?" he spluttered, his eyes widened in horror.

Sergio's grin widened so it would appear Cristiano was still in denial about his feelings " You heard me perfectly, you have feelings for Olivia" he declared.

" No, I don't" Cristiano replied defensively.

Sergio shot Cristiano a disbelieving look he wasn't buying Cristiano's denials " Then why did you almost kiss her? he asked.

Cristiano frowned as he stared down at the floor, trying to work out why he had almost kissed his best friend's girl.

" I don't know" Cristiano admitted, as he reached in his locker for a clean towel, and threw it over his shoulder.

" You have feelings for Olivia" Sergio said again.

Cristiano just laughed and shook his head " I Can't stand her, it was just a mistake" he answered awkwardly.

Sergio just laughed as he headed back towards his locker, he could see Cristiano was in complete denial about his feelings for Olivia.

" Whatever you say Cris" Sergio teased, as he picked up a towel and headed for the showers.

***

Olivia quietly picked at her dinner, she was still feeling a little guilty about her almost kiss with Cristiano. She looked over at Harry who was blissfully unaware there was anything troubling his girlfriend. They had been together just about two years, they had been friends for almost the same time as he and Cristiano. Olivia hadn't been interested in Harry at first, she had her heart set on someone else but they had broke her heart so she settled for Harry. Olivia hated the word settled because it meant she was not truly happy. Harry was a sweetheart, she loved him and he made her happy, but there was something missing, a spark she couldn't put her finger on what on it was though.

" Olivia you are awfully quiet tonight" Harry observed as he sipped on his water.

Olivia forced a smile on her face " I am just tired" she replied, faking a yawn.

Harry could see there was something bothering his girlfriend but she would not open up until she was ready, he knew Olivia all too well.

" I am heading over to Cristiano's tonight" Harry said, knowing Olivia would not be too happy about him spending time with the footballer.

Olivia nodded her head, still a little distracted " Oh okay" she mumbled.

" And I will be having a threesome with his girlfriend" Harry added.

Olivia nodded her head again " That is nice have fun" she replied.

Harry put his glass of water back down on the table " Okay what is wrong with you Oli?" he asked.

Olivia met Harry's gaze she saw the concern in his eyes " There is nothing wrong, why you ask? she questioned.

Harry stared at his girlfriend she was acting really oddly tonight it was not like her " You basically just gave me the go head to have a threesome with Cristiano and Irina" David laughed.

Olivia forced a laugh " Sorry I am just a little world of my own tonight" she giggled.

Harry smiled back at his girlfriend " I can see that" he said with a teasing smile.

Olivia laughed lightly as she took another bite of her chicken she then frowned and looked back at Harry " Who is Irina? she asked, a little unsettled.

" A Russian model Cristiano has been seeing for a few month now" Harry smiled, missing the odd look in Olivia's eyes.

Olivia bit down on her lip feeling a little bitter " Oh" was all she said, then went back to eating her dinner, ignoring the look Harry gave her. She let the news sink in that Cristiano was seeing someone, it shouldn't have bothered her but it did and she had a feeling this bitterness was not going to go away.