The Moment I Knew

I am Just Trying To Help.

Alesha poured herself another drink, she had decided to come back to her hotel room for some space from Cristiano and to deal with all the raw emotions she was feeling, she would not be good to be around for anyone today so she decided the best she could do was go back to her hotel room, she sneaked out Cristiano's house when she woke up again, she was lucky everyone had still been asleep. So here she was hiding in her hotel room at seven in the evening, she was pretty drunk but she needed something to block out what today meant and alcohol was a good distraction. Her Phone vibrated from across the room, Alesha didn't even have to look at it she already knew who it would be, Cristiano had been calling quite regularly for the last few hours, she knew she should answer but the last thing she wanted to do was talk.

Deciding that she would have more fun down at the hotel bar, she grabbed her purse and headed out her room, leaving her phone behind she would talk to Cristiano tomorrow when she had gotten through today. She had just sat at the bar when she heard someone sit next to her, she smiled at the guy, he was a good looking guy.

" Hi" Alesha smiled, as she ordered herself a drink.

The barman stared at Alesha trying to work out if she was sober enough for another drink " Just one drink" he said.

Alesha nodded her head, knowing she could go back to her room to get more alcohol later on, she turned back to the attractive man " So What is your name?" she asked

" Pedro" he smiled, as he leaned in towards Alesha " I like your eyes" he added.

Alesha frowned, Cristiano had also told her that, she shook her head refusing to think about Cristiano right now. " You have a nice smile" she replied, sipping on her drink.

" Thank you, do you want to maybe take this to your room" Pedro suggested.

The barman raised his brow, a little concerned the girl look in no fit state to consent " Maybe you should say down here, there is music soon" he suggested.

Alesha shook her head as she finished her drink, she grabbed Pedro's hand and pulled him towards the elevator, she was drunk and barely knew what she was doing but she just wanted a little fun.

As soon as they got into the elevator Pedro tried to kiss her, but she pushed him away, telling him to wait until they got to her room. As soon as they got to her floor, Alesha rushed out and came to standstill when she saw who was standing outside her room, she glanced at Pedro knowing that this was not going to end well.

" I think you should go" Alesha said quietly.

Pedro eyes widened at the sight of Cristiano walking towards them and he did not look too impressed to see them, he glanced at Alesha " Do you know him?" he asked.

" He is my boyfriend" Alesha mumbled.

Pedro glared at Alesha " Why didn't you tell me you had a boyfriend" he asked.

" Its complicated" she mumbled.

Cristiano glared at Alesha before he turned his anger on Pedro " You better leave right now" He hissed at him.

" I didn't know she was with you" Pedro said, holding his hands up as he backed away from the angry footballer.

Alesha giggled as she walked unsteady to her room, ignoring a clearly annoyed Cristiano walking behind her. Everything seemed funny to her right now.

***

Once Alesha and Cristiano were in her room, she headed straight for her mini bar, but Cristiano grabbed her arm and pulled her away " I think you have had enough for tonight" he said, glancing around the room, she really did have a party to herself today.

" I had enough when I said I have enough" she mumbled, not making much sense.

Cristiano made Alesha sit on the bed, he was scared she would fall over and cause some damage to herself, she looked up at him " You're angry why?" she asked.

" You disappeared without a word this morning, and nobody could get a hold of you all day we were worried about you" Cristiano replied.

Alesha smiled a little " Wow Cristiano worried about a girl there is a first" she replied sarcastically.

" What is your problem, I am trying to help you" Cristiano sighed, as he ran a hand through his hair, a thing Alesha was beginning to realize he did when stressed.

Alesha looked up at Cristiano " What if I don't want your help?" she asked.

" Tough you are going get it" Cristiano replied.

Alesha groaned as she flopped back on the bed, her dress sliding a little up her thighs " Don't you have nothing better to do like whore around?" she taunted.

" Come on Alesha talk to me?" Cristiano said gently ignoring the taunt.

Alesha shook her head she was in no mood to talk " Maybe you should just go and leave me alone" she muttered as she stood up and attempted to undo her dress, she needed a shower.

Cristiano told Alesha to stay still and he undid the sip on the back of her dress, she felt his fingers on her skin and she shivered at the touch " Are you okay?" he asked.

" Yeah just cold" she lied, as she walked towards the bathroom., she stopped at the door and turned back to face Cristiano with a smirk on her face.

Cristiano watched warily as Alesha walked back towards him with a look in her eyes he hadn't seen before " What are you doing Alesha?" he asked.

" I just had a idea, we should totally sleep together get it out of our systems, then maybe I would not want you as much" she slurred.

Cristiano shook his head at Alesha if she was sober there would be a different ending but she wasn't and he wasn't about to take advantage of a drunk girl.

" You are too drunk to give consent, I won't take advantage" Cristiano said softly.

Alesha frowned at Cristiano " When did you turn into a gentleman?" she asked.

" I don't take advantage of girls that are completely drink and have no idea what they are doing" Cristiano replied.

Alesha smiled a little at Cristiano " You are not the bad boy you think you are" she said, as she walked unsteady to the bathroom. She had just made it when she was sick, she heard Cristiano come into the bathroom.

" Go away" she slurred at him, not wanting him to see her like this.

Cristiano moved closer to Alesha and pulled her hair out of her face while she was sick, she would never live this down, why couldn't Cristiano have stayed away tonight she thought, but she was kinda glad he didn't.

Once Alesha was done with being sick, she got up from the floor with a little help form Cristiano " I think I need a shower" she said, slipping out of her dress, Cristiano looked away as he helped her into the shower, he closed the door and waited for Alesha in her room, he quickly tided up the mess she had made, hoping she would open up to him tomorrow.

The shower slightly sobered Alesha a little and she was cringing slightly at her behavior tonight, she could not believe she had told Cristiano she had wanted him, she would have to pretend she didn't remember saying that. Quickly drying herself, she changed into her nightdress and then made her way out to Cristiano.

Cristiano looked at Alesha as she walked towards the bed, she looked better than she did an hour ago, he could see she was very embarrassed and she wouldn't even look at him.

" I am going to go to sleep now" She muttered.

Cristiano nodded, taking his coat and shoes on and climbed into bed beside Alesha she glanced at him " What are you doing?" she asked.

" I am staying with you tonight" Cristiano replied, as he turned on the TV and began flicking through the channels.

Alesha turned on her side, facing Cristiano " You don't have to" she replied sleepily.

" I know I don't, but I want too" Cristiano smiled a little.

Alesha smiled back at him as she slowly closed her eyes and within minutes she was fast asleep, Cristiano gently brushed some hair back from her hair " Night Alesha" he whispered leaning down to kiss her head then turned back to watch the film he had settled on.

***

Alesha woke early the next morning with a sore head, she groaned as she slowly sat up, she froze when she thought about the night before, she saw Cristiano sleeping beside her, she smiled when she remembered how he took care of her last night even thought she made it hard for him. Leaning down she pressed a soft kiss to his head and then climbed out of bed her head still throbbing, she needed some painkillers and quick.

" How is the head?" Cristiano asked sleepily.

Alesha looked at Cristiano, he was still lying on the bed, but his eyes were now half open " Sore but I deserve it" she grimaced.

" Come back to bed" Cristiano muttered.

Alesha looked at the time " Don't you have Training?" she asked.

" No, Coach gave us the day off" Cristiano replied, as he sat up, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes.

Alesha opened a bottle of water and took a sip she didn't know what to say to Cristiano so she went for the first word that popped in her head " I am sorry Cristiano, I was out of order last night, the way I talked to you" she cringed.

" What concerns me is why you were in that state in the first place" Cristiano sighed.

Alesha gulped nervously as she sat down on the bed, she had to tell someone may as well be Cristiano " Remember those nightmares and all the crying I have been doing lately?" she asked.

" Of course I remember" Cristiano replied.

Alesha took a deep breath before continuing " I got engaged two years ago , to a guy called Ben, he was really smart and handsome, I thought we would be together for life" she explained sadly.

" So what happened?" Cristiano asked.

Tears welled up in Alesha's eyes " Ben had a stressful six months at work, he started to drink more, but on the night of our engagement party he promised he would not drink, he lied and caused a crash killing himself and another young couple, their little girl survived, I hated him so much for what he did" she ranted angry.

" That is awful, I am so sorry you had to go through that" Cristiano said, wrapping his arms around Alesha.

Alesha held onto Cristiano " If only I had known, If Only I had driven that night, that little girl would still have her parents" she cried into his chest.

" Stop Alesha you are not to blame, none of this was ever your fault" He replied.

Alesha pulled away from Cristiano a little " Then why does it feel like my fault" she asked.

" You are just blaming yourself because Ben is not around for you to take your anger out on him" Cristiano answered.

Alesha wiped her eyes " I have never told anyone about this, you are the first person" she said.

" Keeping this all bottled is not good for you, Maybe you should seek a little help" Cristiano suggested.

Alesha shook her head she didn't need to see a therapist " It only happens around once a year around this time, the rest of the year am fine really" she said, not sure who she was trying to convince herself or Cristiano more.

" But are you really, you said yourself you are a pretty closed off person" Cristiano said gently.

Alesha sighed a little " I don't know maybe you are right maybe my behavior the last two years has not exactly been the best" she stuttered nervously.

" If you want to talk to someone, I can get you the right help" Cristiano offered.

Alesha smiled at Cristiano " I did talk to someone you, I feel a little better for it, I will see how I go and if I feel I need help I Will take up your offer of help" she said.

Cristiano knew there was no point in pushing Alesha into seeking help if she was not ready for so he let the matter drop for now.

" Do you want to talk some more?" Cristiano asked.

Alesha shook her head " I am all talked out after today and last night" she said, not missing the grin on Cristiano's face when she mentioned last night.

" How much do you remember of last night?" Cristiano asked.

Alesha face went a deep shade of red " I remember trying to come on to you and saying how much I wanted you, that was a lie by the way" she rushed out. " I also remembered you didn't take advantage so thanks for that " she added quickly.

" Don't they say the truth always comes out when you are drunk?" Cristiano said with a teasing smile

Alesha picked up a pillow and flung it at Cristiano " Shut up" she muttered.

" I am only stating facts" Cristiano replied smugly, as he climbed out of bed " Its only natural you would want me" he added, winking at Alesha.

Alesha groaned loudly as she flung another pillow at Cristiano, he was going to be really unbearable to be around the next few days. " I really hate you right now" she yelled after him.

" Maybe but it does not change the facts you still want me" Cristiano smirked, as he closed the bathroom door before Alesha could throw another retort or pillow at him.

***
Alesha glanced at Cristiano, they had spent most of the day in her hotel room watching crappy films, he hadn't even complained even once.

" You know you can go home if you want to see Junior" she said.

Cristiano shook his head " Junior is staying with a friend tonight, so you have me all night again" he smirked.

" Ooh lucky me" Alesha muttered sarcastically.

Cristiano heard the sarcasm in Alesha's voice " If you want me gone just say the word" he smiled.

Alesha smiled a little she didn't want him to go, she was actually enjoying his company " You can stay" she said.

Cristiano chuckled as he pushed his pillow next to Alesha's he was getting a little bored of the film they had been watching, now he wanted to do something else.

" Do you want to do something,Like maybe step out this room?" he asked.

Alesha groaned her head still hurt, she was not leaving this room at all tonight " I want to stay in and recover" she answered.

" Well can we do something different than watching crappy films?" Cristano asked.

Alesha smiled a little she could tell Cristiano was bored " Why don't you go and visit one of your girls?" she said, only joking, but it appeared he thought she was being serious.

" Really you won't mind?" Cristiano asked, suddenly off the bed and putting his coat on.

Alesha stared at Cristiano wondering if he was being serious or if he was just teasing her " No of course I don't mind" she said, instead of saying Of course I mind you idiot.

Cristiano grinned at Alesha " You are the best" He said, kissing her head and hurried out the room, she had never seen a person leave a room so fast before. She stared at the door in shock she couldn't believe he had just left what the hell had just happened, this had to be a joke right, slowly climbing of the bed, she made her way over to the door and pulled it opened and looked both ways, he really did leave. Annoyed she walked back into her room and slammed the door as hard as she could behind her.

Alesha settled back down to watch a film, but she fell asleep halfway through it, she only woke up when she heard movement in her room, it was probably her maid. Slowly opening her eyes she saw Cristiano was lying bedside her.

" How did you get back into the room?" she asked, sleepily, she looked at her watch and saw she had been a sleep for a few hours.

Cristiano held Alesha's key card up " I swiped this before I left" he smiled

Alesha stared coldly at Cristiano " Where did you go?" she asked.

Cristiano laughed a little " You sound like a proper girlfriend now" he replied, avoiding her question.

" You left me alone" she yelled at him.

Cristiano frowned at Alesha " You told me that it was okay" he said, a little confused.

" Well when a girl tells you she is okay with something chances are she is probably not okay with it" she muttered.

Cristiano slowly sat up " You are confusing me now" he said.

" Oh just go home" Alesha snapped at Cristano.

Cristiano stared at Alesha " Why are you so upset?" he asked, he had only left because Alesha said it was okay.

" I am not upset, just go home" Alesha mumbled, as she moved off the bed and walked to the other side of the room to get away from Cristiano.

Cristiano sighed a little as he put his shoes back on " Try telling that to your face Alesha" he snapped back at her, a little annoyed at her attitude.

" I am not going to fight with you, so just go" Alesha fired back.

Cristiano shook his head in anger as he picked his coat and car keys up " I don't understand why you are so upset I was only gone a couple of hours and you were sleeping anyways, so I don't get the issue" he yelled back at Alesha.

" Just go back to the girl you were clearly with for those couple of hours" Alesha mumbled, as she looked away from Cristiano, she knew she sounded jealous but she didn't care.

Cristiano took a step towards Alesha then stopped " I was not with a girl, in fact if you step out on the balcony you will see what I was up to for the last two hours" he replied, not sure why he bothered to try and do something nice for Alesha.

Alesha made her way to the balcony she pushed the door open and gasped a little at the effort Cristiano clearly had gone to, now she felt bad for yelling at him, looking back at him she saw the annoyance on his face.

" I am so sorry" she whispered, walking towards Cristiano, but he just shook his head and headed for the door, refusing to accept her apology.

Cristiano opened the door, he glanced back at Alesha " You may as well eat some of that food, it would be a shame if it all goes to waste" he said, as he wasn't going to stick around after Alesha's attitude.

" Cristiano I said I was sorry, please stay" Alesha sighed, feeling bad for jumping to conclusions. She walked over to him and placed her hand on his which was on the door.

Cristiano stared down at their hands, then looked at Alesha " I can't, I am going out to what I do best" he smiled coldly then pushed Alesha's hand away and left the room, he was a little annoyed that he tried to do something nice and it still came back and bit him. Well he would not be trying that again anytime soon with Alesha. Things had gotten a little blurred but he would not be making the same mistake again.