The Moment I Knew

Nightmares

A month had passed since Alesha had agreed to be Cristiano's fake girlfriend, It got so much easier to lie as each day passed and it made Alesha feel a little guilty especially with how well she got on with his family, they had made her feel welcome which had even surprised Cristiano. Their relationship was surprisingly easy, she hadn't thought she would like Cristiano so much after a month, when he was not putting on a show and was genuinely being himself was when she liked him best. She knew he was secretly seeing girls on the sly but she was okay with that as long as he didn't out himself because that would open a can of worms and even thought he is not doing anything wrong, nobody else knew that.

Alesha sang and danced along to shape of you which came on the radio, she was in a really good mood today and she didn't know why. " Come on now follow my lead" she sang loudly as she tided the kitchen, Cristiano had invited her over for lunch, he had cooked so she said she would clean.

" I'm in love with your body... Alesha trailed off when she spotted Cristiano leaning against the door watching her with a smirk on his face.

Alesha blushed a little as she turned the music down " How long have you been standing there?" she asked, slightly embarrassed.

" Not long, so you are Ed Sheeran fan?" he asked.

Alesha nodded her head she loved Ed Sheeran " Big fan" She grinned.

" I will need to remember that" Cristiano smiled, as he stepped into the kitchen.

Alesha finished loading the dishwasher, and then started on cleaning the counter " So why were you spying on me?" she asked.

" I wasn't spying, you had the music up too loud you just didn't hear me" Cristano smiled playfully.

Alesha just rolled her eyes as she scrubbed the counter " What do you want Ronaldo?" she asked.

" Junior wanted me to ask you if you want to play Football in the garden" Cristiano replied.

Alesha smiled a little " For Junior I will play" she teased lightly.

" What about me?" Cristiano pretended to pout making Alesha laugh.

Alesha stared at Cristiano, she didn't know how but somehow over the last few weeks he had got underneath her skin and all the walls she built up he was slowing chipping away at and she wasn't sure if she liked it.

" Only if you ask nicely" Alesha said, as she finished cleaning up and went out to the garden to play football with Junior.

Cristiano smiled as he followed Alesha out into the garden, he walked up just behind her , he lowered his mouth to her ear " I never ask nicely he whispered into her ear, before he ran over to join Junior.

***
Alesha ran with the ball, so far she was on the losing side, Cristiano had paired her with Hugo who was pretty much hopeless and Cristiano knew this. She kicked the ball towards the goal but it went nowhere near it making Cristiano laugh loudly, she turned to him " Shut up" she said to him.

" Not my fault you are crap at Football" Cristiano said, as he came towards her with the ball at his feet.

Alesha just smiled at Cristiano as she tackled him and completely missed him, she watched as he scored again. Shaking her head, she flopped to the ground the game was already lost she was done.

" Not giving up yet are you?" Cristiano gloated, as he stood over Alesha.

Alesha playfully glared up at him " You won the game is over" she replied.

Cristiano smiled at Alesha, as he pulled her back to her feet " One more game?" he asked, as his phone vibrated in his pocket.

" Are you not going to get that?" she asked.

Cristiano shook his head " I would rather win some more against you" he said.

" You know being arrogant is so unattractive" she replied, walking away with the ball towards Junior.

Hugo smiled as he watched his brother ran after Alesha, he never thought he would see the day his brother ran after a girl.

" Most Women love my arrogance" Cristiano boasted.

Alesha smirked at Cristiano " I am not most women" she replied.

" I am starting to see that" Cristiano mumbled quietly, as his phone vibrated again.

Alesha looked at Cristiano " You should get it could be important" she said.

" I will call them back later" Cristiano grinned, as she dribbled the ball past Alesha again and scored.

Alesha took the ball and ran towards Cristiano's goal, she almost got there but Cristiano wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled her back " That is cheating" she yelled trying to get out his arms, but he would not let her go.

" I hate you" she continued to rant.

Cristiano smirked as he help onto Alesha " No you don't otherwise you would be making more of an effort to get out of my arms" he pointed out.

" I can't move because you have a strong grip" she replied.

Cristiano suddenly let her go, she moved away from him, looking for the ball but Junior had it and he was now playing with his cousins instead so she guessed the game was over.

" I need to go out for a while" Cristiano said, as he looked up from his phone.

Alesha knew where he was going and while it shouldn't bother it did, she didn't want to feel this way and was fighting it, she didn't want Cristiano to know that she was bothered that he was sleeping with other women, it was none of her business as long as he was careful.

" Okay well I guess I am going head back to the hotel" Alesha said, now that Hannah was back in London she was alone in her hotel and she didn't like it but would never admit that to anyone.

Cristiano shook his head " Stay here, I won't be long, just some stupid stuff" he smiled.

Alesha sighed but nodded her head well I guess I will see you later then and she walked back into the house, leaving Cristiano with Hugo.

" Where are you really going?" Hugo asked.

Cristiano just smiled at his brother " Just need to see someone" he replied.

" You are risking what you have with Alesha for some cheap whore" Hugo mumbled.

Cristiano frowned at what Hugo said, he and Alesha were on the same page about his indiscretions, as for risking what they have, that was crap they were both just friends, trying to do each other a favor by cleaning up their images.

" I don't have to listen to this" Cristiano mumbled as he walked back into the house.

Hugo followed Cristiano " Well don't come crying to me when it hits you in the face" he warned, as Cristiano took his keys and wallets and headed out the house, Hugo's warning ringing in his ears.

***

Alesha glanced at the time, it had just gone One in the morning, she don't know why was still up, she had spent most of her night thinking about Ben and what he had done, she had sent her usual flowers to the young couple's graves, she did this every year on the anniversary, it didn't help much but she had to do something every year for them. She couldn't help but think of the young girl they had she would be around two or three now and it saddened her that she would have to grow up without her parents because of what Ben did. It was now officially the anniversary and she wanted to tell someone but something always stopped her, she learnt to deal with this by herself, so she figured she would keep doing it, until she met someone but she never did because she never opened up to anyone.

The door opened and Cristiano walked in, Alesha quickly wiped the tears away from her face, she didn't want him to know she had been crying.

" I am surprised you are still up" Cristiano said, yawning a little.

Alesha watched as Cristiano sat down on the bed, he stank of the girl he had obviously been with tonight " Maybe you should go for a shower" she suggested.

" Why?" Cristiano asked, as he took his shirt off and started to undo his jeans, she saw the beginning of a love bite on his neck.

Alesha climbed out of bed " Because you stink of the girl you have been with tonight and I am not sleeping next to you" she hissed at him.

Cristiano was a little taken back by Alesha's attitude, he looked at her and her eyes looked red, like she had been crying.

" Have you been crying again?" Cristiano asked.

Alesha shook her head and looked away from Cristiano " My eyes are red because I am tired" she answered.

" Well go to sleep" he said, climbing into bed.

Alesha wasn't sleeping next to Cristiano not after he had been doing god knows with that girl " I will sleep in the guest room" she mumbled.

" Really why?" Cristiano asked, a little irked he had gotten used to Alesha sleeping beside him.

Alesha just rolled her eyes at Cristiano he really was not the brightest at times " I can't sleep next to you tonight" she replied.

" Fine go sleep in the guest room then" Cristiano huffed, as he turned his back on Alesha.

Alesha sighed a little " If anyone has got the right to be mad here, its me you expect me to sleep beside you after you slept with someone else" she said to his back.

"Alesha just go to the guest room, I will just tell everyone we had a fight or something" Cristiano said sleepily.

Reaching for her phone and charger, she shook her head a she made her way to the door " You're such a selfish prick" she muttered under her breath.

" What did you say?" Cristiano asked, sounding more awake then he did a few minutes.

Alesha plastered her most fake smile on her face " I said good night" she lied.

" Good night Alesha" Cristiano mumbled, he had heard what she had said but didn't want to get into an argument right now.

Alesha walked out the room, slamming the door behind her, she wanted him to know she was angry with him, but he probably thought she was being stroppy, rolling her eyes she made her way to guest bedroom hoping that sleep would come easy to her.

***

Flashes of memories flashed through Alesha's head, the engagement, the party, the crash, the little girls cries. being told Ben was dead, It all go to much and Alesha forced herself a wake, not realizing that she had been yelling out loud, she took a few minutes to get her breath back, she glanced at the time, it was a little after four, she slowly rolled onto her side, she hated this time of the year, it was always the most difficult for her, she knew it was survivors guilt she had been told that enough times, but she struggled with it. Tears fell down her face, she angrily wiped them away, someone knocked softly at her door, she had hoped that she hadn't woken anyone up.

" Come in" she mumbled sleepily.

Cristiano walked into the room rubbing sleep out of his eyes " I heard you yelling" he simply said, as he moved towards the bed.

" I had a nightmare" Alesha mumbled.

Cristiano climbed into bed beside Alesha " You have been crying again" he said.

" I am okay" Alesha mumbled

Cristiano shook his head as he pulled Alesha into his arms " You know if you need to talk I am here" he said, stroking her back a little.

" I am fine, it was just a nightmare" Alesha mumbled.

Cristiano sighed deeply " It must have been some nightmare if it has you crying all the time" he said.

" I don't really want to talk about it" she snapped at Cristiano, moving away from him on the bed " You can go back to bed" she muttered.

Cristiano shook his head " I can't leave you like this, If you don't want to talk then fine, but you need someone tonight" he pointed out.

" Did you shower?" she asked, climbing back into bed.

Cristiano chuckled a little " I went for a shower after you stormed out" he replied, as he moved next her.

" You know you will have to talk about it eventually, maybe not with me but with someone" Cristiano replied.

Alesha just nodded as she moved closer to Cristiano " Yeah but not tonight I need sleep" she mumbled sleepily as she closed her eyes, hoping that the nightmares would leave her alone now.