Sequel: Dear God
Status: ~finito~

Gimme One Reason.

11

Matt'sPOV

"Hey Boston!" I screamed in to the mic, earning a crowd full of screams and shouts. I smiled, we were ending our set, playing our last song Unholy Confessions. "We're gonna do something a little special right now." More cheers "So earlier in the day, I was kicking around over by our booth, and I met this pretty special girl. Her name's Elizabeth, and I know she's out there somewhere because I made her promise me she'd be the loudest tonight." I smiled as cheers erupted "Now, here's where I need your help. I want her to make her way on up here, because this is her first concert, so help her out, get her up here, security help her up."

I watched the crowd as I could faintly see Elizabeth and Elijah making their way from the side of the crowd "There she is!" Zack laughed in to his mic "Get her on up here, they're gonna kill us for taking up time."

There were some cheers as security lifted her on to the stage. I grabbed her shoulder and pulled her to me, wrapping my arm around her "How ya doing sweetheart?" I asked, she nodded at me "Now, here's the deal guys. See how sweet this little girl is? Well she's thirteen, thirteen. Just a kid, right? Well. Some assholes at her school don't think she's too cool. I think differently." I smiled as she bounced on her toes as Elijah took pictures "So. Here's the deal. She's gonna go back to school, and be the biggest bad ass, because she was on stage with us, cuz we're a huge famous rock band," I laughed as every one cheered at my sarcasm "She's gonna kick ass, and not take shit, how's that sound?"

"Good." She smiled at me.

"Alright, now you hang up front here with security, don't leave. We're gonna hang out after the show. But this song's for you kid. Unholy," I paused as security helped her down off the stage, everyone cheering for her "Confessions."

The intro began and I started screaming, watching Elizabeth as her face lit up with every passing minute, yelling with every lyric. I couldn't wipe the smile off my face if I tried, her's was contagious.

The set ended and I hopped off the stage front and hugged Elizabeth. "We do good?" I asked.

"Of course!" She smiled up at me, jumping in her spot. "That was so amazing, holy shit."

"Hey." Elijah laughed "Watch your mouth."

"Right, sorry. Holy crap." She rolled her eyes.

"Well come on, lets go back to the booth and see Liz. She'll be psyched to see you. Maybe you guys can hang out for a bit?" I asked as Elijah shook his head.

"Gotta get her home, school tomorrow." He shrugged "But we'll come to the booth for a little."

"Cool!" I smiled and headed out, leading them to follow, towards the booth as security held people away for us. We approached the booth and Liz smiled up at me. I smiled at her and pulled her in to a hug, kissing the top of her head "Elizabeth is gonna hang around with us for a bit before going home."

"Oh! Cool!" She smiled and pulled up a chair, patting it for Elizabeth to sit down.

"Hi." She smiled at Liz, giving her a small hug.

Liz smiled up at me, mouthing oh good Lord she's cute as she laughed "Hey kiddo, have fun out there? I heard a little surprise.." She winked.

"Yah! M. Shadows brought me on stage and dedicated Unholy Confessions to me!" She beamed as I stood behind Liz, "So, are you guys dating yet?"

I choked on the water I was drinking, spitting it to the side, nearly spitting it on to Liz "What?" I laughed as Liz laughed uncontrollably.

"I heard through the fan group that you guys got together." She stared at us, slightly embarrassed.

"No, we aren't. That's funny though." Liz laughed and patted my hand "Matt's a very special kind of Matt though."

"Oh. So you and Val didn't break up?" She asked, "That was on there too.."

I paused and took a breath. I loved our fans, don't get me wrong. And I absolutely loved how tight knit they were, but sometimes they knew too much. But hey, it just made it seem more and more like a family.

"Well," I paused "We did. But Liz is literally my best friend." I Laughed.

"More reason to date her!" Elizabeth laughed "I like you two together, I think you're cute."

"Thanks hun." Liz laughed "But I think this guy has an apology to make when he gets home, he can't stay away from Val." She smiled at Elizabeth.

"Alright, well enough being weird." Elijah laughed "We're gonna go, head out. Thank you so much for this, it was amazing. She's never going to stop talking about it."

"I'm glad we could make it special." I smiled and gave Elizabeth a hug before they walked away.

"That was awkward." Liz laughed as she helped a boy pick out a shirt to buy, quickly making his purchase.

"A little." I laughed "I mean..."

"Matt." Liz turned and looked at me, throwing some shirts back in a box as she broke down the table "You have Val at home waiting to apologize to you, and I have a booth to break down." She laughed, smacking my chest "Go relax, I'll be back soon." She pushed at me.

I sighed, pulling her in to a hug, lifting her chin up and kissing her lips quickly. Her eyes squinted at me "You're always my Lizard. Don't forget that."

"Go." She laughed, brushing her hair from her face before turning from me, packing up whatever boxes were left.

I walked back to the van, my mind wouldn't stop. Why did I just kiss her? She was so adamant about me getting back with Val when we got home, and that wasn't even my plan. Brian wanted me to do it also, mainly so Michelle would lay off his ass and stop bitching. I climbed in to the van, ignoring everyone sitting around outside, and grabbed my phone. I quickly texted Val that we needed to talk when I got home.

"Thanks, I think so too." Was her response. I groaned and put my phone back in my bag. Listening to footsteps get closer to the bus

"What crawled in your dick hole?" Brian flung the bus door open and sat down with me, closing it behind him. "Michelle just texted me... Thank you." He rubbed the back of his neck.

"All I said was that we needed to talk. Hopefully that suffices her until then." I rolled my eyes.

"So... what's with you and Liz?" He asked, kicking his feet on to the seat beside him, he raised an eyebrow "You two are always close, but you're super close now. You're really going to do that?"

"Do what?" I sat up, shaking my head "I don't know."

"Don't let Zack find out you're going to break his sister's heart." Brian laughed. "I might also have to kick your ass to make it look good."

"I'm not going to break her heart, Bri. What do you think I am?" I asked, grabbing a bag of Cheetos from Liz's bag of snacks.

"Matthew Sanders, that's what I know you are. You want your cake and to eat it too. Don't make a dumb decision that's going to ruin everyone ok?" He glared at me "I'm not even talking about Val right now, dude. You fuck with Liz you know we'll all have to kill you for hurting her. Cuz I know you're gonna run right back to Val when we get home. And Liz is going to act like it doesn't matter but I swear to God I find out she cried once."

"Who's crying?" The bus door opened and Jimmy peered in "Is Matt crying? Is it because Liz rejected you?"

"She didn't reject me." I pointed at him "We aren't even throwing around anything to be rejected? He meant Val." I covered up my words quick as Brian rolled his eyes.

"You'll fuck her as soon as we get home and it'll be ok." Jimmy waved me off and rolled his eyes "You guys argue all the time."

"Do not." I laughed as he shrugged, walking away, shutting the door behind him. I could hear more voices and realized Liz was back.

"Well," Brian moved for the door "I'm out of here. Don't wanna know what's gonna happen next. I already have to keep from Zack that you kissed her. Don't want anything else on my conscience."

"Shut up," I tossed an empty box of Cheese It's at him before he shut the door.

"We're going to go hang out with NOFX for a bit, you coming?" He asked, I shook my head as he stepped off the van, everyone already walking away from the van.

"Don't shut that!" Liz called and jumped in, letting Brian kick the door shut behind her. "Ugh, I'm so beat." She mumbled, staring at me "What's gotten in to you lately?" She held her head up on her hand, leaning on her elbow, as she kicked the blankets around the floor. She grabbed a can of air freshener and sprayed a long burst in to the air, taking a deep breath and smiling.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"You kissed me the other night, kissed me back yesterday, and kissed me today." She laughed "You really can't be doing that, Matt.. Val will kick my-"

I cut her off, pushing her backwards and pressing my lips to her's. She was motionless and barely kissed back before I pulled away.

"My ass... She'll kick my ass." She mumbled "Matt, really. This isn't fair to anyone."

"What? That I want you?" I asked, suddenly realizing why I didn't want to go back to Val right now "Liz, I want you... I don't want Val."

"Right now." It's like she read my mind as she crossed her arms "Matt, I know you'll go right back when we get home, you guys are meant to be. Stop being silly." She smiled, "You know I'm right."

"No... I'm not going back when we get home.. I told her we needed to talk, but not what about. After how she acted I know what comes first in my life.." I paused as she let me move closer, I tilted her chin up to me "And that's you Liz."

"Ma-"

I cut her off, pressing my lips to her's. She kissed back, I laid her down and kissed her deeper. Knowing the guys they'd be out partying for a good amount of time so I didn't have to keep an ear out for noise.

"Liz..." I moaned in to her neck, my hands gripping her hips as she moved them in to me "I want you.." I whispered, kissing her ear as she moaned quietly under her breath.

"Zack will... Zack will so kill me." She paused, staring up at me. Her green eyes literally sucking my soul from my body. I shook my head.

"He won't know." I kissed her collar bone as her body went limp beneath my finger tips. I worked at the button of her jeans as she kissed my shoulders "He doesn't have to find out. Our little secret." I smiled against her neck as she nodded.